Alpha Hydrox : Enhanced Lotion (10% Glycolic Acid)

Brand:
Reviews
3.9
152 Reviews

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

34.9%

Used Alpha Hydrox : Enhanced Lotion (10% Glycolic Acid)? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
May 31, 2018
Looved
Loove this but they raised the price by a lot so I just got Dans AHA instead, which is not as good as this but good enough.
January 29, 2018
Amazing for my Hormonal acne
I've been using Glycolic Acid 10% Lotion (Mexican brand) Its not abrasive, it dries pimples and prevents break outs. I had mild to moderacte acne. My skin is fantastic.
December 23, 2016
clogged pores
this product is very good for softening skin and exfoliation but over time this will clog your pores! i would recommend their oil free formula thoe works great.
August 7, 2016
Hate It
Doesn't apply easily, too strong, leaves opaque white residue on skin, and doesn't moisturize well Don't use this often because your skin will be dry and peel in chunks. That's what happens as a result of a product that has such a low pH.

July 26, 2016
Really Good
I love this stuff, havent tried the Acne.org AHA but I dont even want to. Got it from amazon with prime for little $. ANd it works, has lightened my hyperpigmentation quite a bit. Takes a month or so to see results but it works

2 user(s) found this helpful

July 15, 2016
For those who suffer from Keratosis Pilaris
I have KP (Keratosis Pilaris) and have used the 12% A.H.A lotion. It has worked miracles on my arms, and shoulders. I will combine with the Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash and exfoliate with it. Then apply the lotion. It has completely smoothed out the bumps and skin texture has softened incredibly. The only con about it is that it's thick and will leave a slight stickiness to your skin but it moisturizes wonderfully. I don't recommend using the 12% if you have sensitive skin or are just starting out. KP sufferers usually can tolerate stronger things on their skin because of the build up of keratin and dead skin.
May 25, 2016
Bloody Amazing Results!
I'll give a bit of background so you guys know what my history is skin-wise: my skin was pretty much fine in my teens - had the occasional PMS-related breakout but nothing too crazy. All was well until, just a few months before my 21st birthday. Suddenly I went from breaking out a bit once a month to just constantly breaking out. At it's best my skin was spotty, full of tiny little bumps and slowly racking up a bunch of scars - it it's very worst you can add itchy, red and super sensitive to the list. Whiteheads all over the place, hormonal cystic acne along the jaw - the whole shebang. I've tried all sorts; gone back and forth from the doctors with various prescriptions, BodyShop, Lush, tried going all natural; ACV both as a toner (which actually worked wonders until it mysteriously stopped working for me) and internally, sea salt, turmeric, witch hazel, evening primrose oil, starflower oil, zinc, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, steaming, african black soap, lots of water, green tea, limiting my dairy and sugar intake - to name just a few. Nothing made a dent. A couple of weeks ago, after another flare up a I decided I was fed up with nothing changing and started researching the next thing to try...It lead me here. I've rambled enough so I'll cut to the chase: I'm just shy into a month of using Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion and this is the best my skin has looked since my skin problems started two years ago. Having paired this with BP (as of last week), my skin is smooth, I'm not breaking out at all and my scars are already starting to fade. If you're reading this, you absolutely know how much it sucks to feel unconfident because of your skin. It is a HUGE deal for me to have not broken out for this long. Just a heads up; for the first week or two, my skin did purge. It wasn't absolutely awful but be prepared for it - it's a necessary evil. Also, this stuff can be pretty heavy duty on sensitive skin (like mine) so you might have to play with building up a tolerance. I use twice a day but have had days when I've only used once or taken a break entirely. The only other side effect that I've experienced is two little dry patches, but they settled with a bit of gentle exfoliation over a couple of days. Overall, I couldn't recommend enough. It's cheap and you have nothing to lose!

April 15, 2016
Liquid gold
This is my first review ever, so you can imagine what this is doing to my skin. A little background: I'm 22, never suffered with acne in my teenage years just a pimple here and there.. Never a huge deal until almost 4 years ago I started to get more pimples than the normal 1 or 2 every month.. I also got acne on my back and chest which went away after using some neutrogena products.. But that didn't happen with the acne on my face. I have to say that my acne it's not the worst case at all but it's being very frustrating.. A lot of comedones, cystic pimples that really hurt, but well.. I did pick on my pimples and skin and that of course gets things worse.. Mainly I had pimples on my chin and jaw area (hormonal) I literally tried every product, vitamins and supplements, no carbs or sugars, no dairy.. Honestly everything and nothing worked Well.. Almost a week ago I started using this lotion along with their foaming face wash and honestly this is the BEST product I have ever used.. No one active breakout right now just some scaring and I'm so happy about this!! If you are struggling with acne give this a shot because it's working wonders for me!! This is awesome

2 user(s) found this helpful

February 7, 2015
Best Aha i have come accrosed.
This is a really good AHA product to a really good price. I'm on the regimen, so every night put this all over my face followed by a moistruiser. I would say that It has definetly improved my acne ;)

Xela
March 3, 2013

Pros:

Evens skin tone
Reduces Redness
Fades scars
Heals acne faster

Cons:

Stings A LOT the first time you use it
Leaves Residue so you can only use at night
Smells bad
Have to buy online
Not Cheap in NZ

I have only been using this a week but wow my skin looks awesome!! Give this a try if you suffer from redness and scarring, my skin glows!

16 user(s) found this helpful