Skinoren : Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream

Reviews
3.9
139 Reviews

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Arlatone 983 S (polyoxyethylene fatty acid ester), cutina CBS (mixture of mono-dicglyceridene, fatty alcohols, triglycerides and wax esters), cetearyloctanoate, propylene glycol, glycerol 85%, benzoic acid, purified water.

38.8%

Used Skinoren : Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
Frankie
May 14, 2007

Pros:

It works better than the other creams I've tried.

Cons:

don't know why, but it gives me dry eyes. So I started applying it further from my eyes and seemed to have taken care of that

I didn't have the itching or stinging that I read about. I think I have acne cause my skin cells really don't turn over fast enough so maybe now they are and that's why it doesn't sting. I also use Aveeno Radiant Wash to wash my face and wait at leasr 5 miutes before applying the skinoren.

2 user(s) found this helpful

arwena
May 11, 2007

Pros:

light skin tone, reduced number of comedos, smooth skin, no redness

Cons:

stinging sensation couple of minutes upon application

after using differin for 2 months straight and the horrible initial breakout i was left with lots of redmarks and still more breakouts. i added skinoren to my treatment and it helped immediately, faded red marks, lightened my redish skin tone and stopped formation of new comedos and acne. it's getting better each day. i've been treating acne for quite some time and i've used everything except accutane, this works very well and the best thing is there's no irritation like with other acne medications.

3 user(s) found this helpful

Anonymous
April 12, 2007

Pros:

non

Cons:

skin is red,dehydrated,irritated,tight,stings like hell

it made every thing WORSE!!!
A
April 10, 2007

Pros:

Worked!

Cons:

stings slightly(but who cares)

i was always trying in vain to get rid of my acne that was now leaving scars. The doc gave me this cream and it took away 80percent of my acne and lightened scars i still have scars but not very noticeable.It does sting (slightly) but anyone who has suffered from acne for a long tym will no what i mean when i say "im not bothered" i was just happy that this thing was working. Give it a month maybe less and you will see the difference.

4 user(s) found this helpful

Chin
March 31, 2007
Everyday when i put it on, it always itches for awhile. It did help reduce the seriousness of my acne. In between I stopped when it ran out, but my acne didn't get worse or anything like that at all, so thats good. But it won't clear all of the acne up. Decided to use other recommended products at night and skinoren in the morning. Now, my acne is about 80% gone.
Nicole
March 14, 2007

Pros:

None, i can think of.

Cons:

It burns like hell. It made my skin very flaky and scaley!!

Dont buy this. There are better meds out there.
adam
March 11, 2007

Pros:

it seems to work at first

Cons:

it's kind of useless

the bottom line is, it's better than nothing, but still,i d go for something better. i got it for free , since it was compensated so i didn't really care if it worked or not.personally i think that my back acnee is worse than before
saaaad
March 7, 2007

Cons:

itchy...

i have a mild acme in just one part of my face and it just wont go away... skinoren was good for the first couple of months, ofcourse it was itchy but didnt care.. now my problem is worse than ever plus plus my skin is de-hydrated..:-( its the only product that was actually working though, even for a little while