Proactiv Solution : Acne Treatment System

Brand:
Reviews
2.7
7173 Reviews

Renewing Cleanser Active Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum). Revitalizing Toner Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140). Repairing Treatment Active Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

9.9%
20.3%
23.7%
21.4%
24.7%

Used Proactiv Solution : Acne Treatment System? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
October 5, 2006

Pros:

Wow, this stuff is great. I have mild, usual teenage acne and the first weekend I used it, my skin cleared up.
My skin is more glowy, and I love how it added color to my skin.
Sometimes you wake up in the morning, and a whole section of acne is gone!

Cons:

OK, my skin DID get a little flaky. But then I decided after I used the proactiv 3 step system, I'd add some moisterizer with sunscreen on my face and the flakiness went away.

This stuff does work, and it has worked about 10 times better then anything I've ever used. Personally, it doesn't work as good as the commercials, but still more effective then other ones. IF you use it EVERYDAY, your skin will clear up. BTW the refining mask is GREAT.

October 5, 2006
I had mild acne but I wanted to have clear skin like the commercial. I noticed after a week my neck would itch and burn really bad. On week 3 of using the Proactiv I develope a rash all over my neck. I went to the doctor and I was advised to stop using the product. Once I stopped that rash gradually went away.

October 4, 2006

Pros:

I noticed a difference in the color and texture of my skin after the first week. It was much smoother and there was less redness/irritation.

Cons:

It takes a long time to see real results.
You must follow the regimen religiously for 4 - 6 weeks to see dramatic improvement, but even then it doesn't completely prevent breakouts.

I like Proactiv, but I have mild/moderate cystic acne, and it has done little for the larger bumps. It did improve my skin; it just didn't completely clear it. I don't think it's strong enough for cystic acne.