Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cephalexin Oral Antibiotic - Reviews

Cephalexin Oral Antibiotic
Brand: Cephalexin

View Ingredients
250 mg, 333 mg, 500 mg, or 750 mg of Cephalexin.

Cellulose, D & C Yellow No. 10, F D & C Blue No. 1, F D & C Yellow No. 6, gelatin, magnesium stearate, silicone, titanium dioxide.
blueskyresearch

BoozeBaron
Sorry - but based on just your sentence structure, spelling, and supposed 'knowledge' of all these meds, combined with going to see a simple "P.A." vs. a qualified Dermatologist - Sadly, it makes your opening paragraph very unbelievable.... and with all due respect, borderline ignorant sounding. For starters, it's "Accutane" (Isotretinoin) not 'acutane' and has 2 "C's" in it... I was one of the first 'trial' candidates at Baylor Medical Hospital, Dallas, TX in the early 80's when it first was being tested. It was my 'last resort' - and "yes", it does work great on deep cystic acne for most - But, there are several very good reasons for your P.A.'s reluctance. The side effects (as you well know, having been 'qualified') are horrendous, DANGEROUS, and most important, permanent (life-long/lasting)... For me, just to name a few side effects I've had over the past 25+ years now... Partial blindness (like night blindness), non-stop ringing in my ears, partial deafness in my left ear, panic attacks (RX controlled now - but started the day I started the trial and proven now by Mayo Clinic to be related) and also "dry eye syndrome"... So, 25 years now of having to put artificial tears in, daily ... and that's just the tip of the iceberg as to what I wish to share publicly. Did it clear my cystic acne? Like a charm - for about 5 yrs - but when it came back again (as it will) - I am trying other RX methods now - as the rest of my body (eyes, ears, nose, throat, vision, liver, and some other internal organs) are messed up forever. Of course, these type of side effects don't happen to everyone, but is it really worth the risk to the rest of your body? Plus, you acting like a child 'demanding' XYZ treatment from your P.A. doesn't show much wisdom or maturity if you ask me... Maybe if you approach her with a bit more respect and/or asked for a proper referral to a qualified dermatologist, you'd net better results eh? Food for thought. I did myself just recently (2014) consider going back on Accutane again - as new studies show that lower dosages work just as well as mega doses of old (10mg now) but still passed on it for obvious reasons. Just do your research - and go to a proper doctor. Oh yes, and don't forget to make sure your "P.A." does your monthly liver tests too - as I'm sure you already know - for that's the first thing that WILL be effected. Then get a good lawyer for later: [link removed] Cheers... BB PS: It's "Then" not "Than" / "Course" not "Coarse" / "Antibiotic" is one word / Telling not "tellin".... PSS: Doxy is in a totally different 'family' than Cephalexin (which is what this thread is about anyway) - Not your battles with your P.A. over Doxy. IMHO - Give the Doxy another go (and avoid the sun whilst on it!) Good luck

Link to comment

run2fun
BoozeBaron - Although I understand your intentions in attempting to prove ignorance, you're quite rude and condescending. It seems as though you have a little to improve on yourself . . . It's "affected" not "effected" . . . and when using postscripts, it's "PPS" not "PSS" . . . it's Post-Postscript . . . not Postscript Script. Cast the first stone! Next time, use your knowledge to positively assist someone without simultaneously insulting them.

Link to comment
ms8thwonder

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a New Account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes