Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) - Reviews

Oil Cleansing Method (OCM)

Fitnessmom
iMearii
scientastic

mshaiq
Wait do you do OCM on the rest of your body as well or just use castor oil as a moisturiser? I have KP too

Nome

pat123go
Damn going through what you're going through right now. It's embarrassing and I'm breaking out on my chin insanely with a bunch of white heads. Idk if should jump on the regimen right away or not.

sam3007
Hi, I used coconut oil as a moisturizer. An year later, I got hundreds of under the skin bumps and clogged pores on my forehead. A few months later I have acne on the sides of my forehead and temple area. Another few months and I have an entire cluster of acne on both temples and sides of forehead. By acne I mean really bad Cystic acne, that too at 27 and I had never gotten anything like this. The isolated clusters looked hedious and moreover the acne seem to spread really easily. Can you plz tell me if you had a similar experience and how did you get rid of this.

HamsterJane

nessiet
Was this routine successful in the long run? I am experiencing similar problems (hormonal acne for about 10 years, I am 23 now and nothing I have tried has helped in the long run yet) so an answer would be much appreciated.

Devvi

loveorange10
I love your humor in this post!

Resa93

loveorange10
I would definitely recommend seeing a doctor to get something like Differen, and get on acne.org's regimen asap!

smiles23
Ruined my skin as well! After one month it was great, and then my skin spiralled downward

smiles23
whoops * then my skin spiralled downwards and I developed so many blackheads on the sides of my cheeks that I have never had before. Terrible

cw14
i need to make a general post, but try rinsing your face with warm water +sea salt (just enough to cover the bottom of the glass). did wonders for my face - no acne at all. still working on my body acne though

smiles23
Cw14, just saw your post on sea salt and water. doing that now actually it makes sense thanks for suggesting it

mrpiggy1

Fitnessmom
Took me 3 months to fig out how to use oils to make my skin "happy". I massage 50/50 EVOO/cold pressed castor - couple drops jojoba all over face. (If I shower, I leave on til the end) Then wash oil off w cetaphil bar. Using the cloth daily aggravated existing acne. Use Tea tree oil diluted in ACV as a spot treatment. Cerave to moisturize. There should not b a "purging period" since oil does not exfoliate skin. I think more ppl would benefit applying it before their normal routine.

resalee
teniegenie
ogable1

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a New Account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes