Mupirocin (2%) Topical Antibiotic Ointment Reviews

Mupirocin (2%) Topical Antibiotic Ointment

Worked for acne

I am 40 yrs old and for about two months I have had acne on my forehead and behind my ears. I've never had this before and my cream that is prescribed for a rash I get around my nose, wasn't touching it. I was prescribed mupirocin for a spider bite and I tried it, the first night of having it on, woke up with my face 50% better, tonight will be the second night, I really feel for people who have had acne all their lives, its irritating and embarrassing, I can never stop touching my face and feeling all the different sized bumps, it's terrible. I see my doctor on Friday and will get something meant for acne, the reviews have scared me!

Comments

mupirocin for cytic and red acne on chin

im now on my 4th day of using mupirocin on my cystic acne on my chin and still im not getting any changes pls advise im suffering for almost 7 yrs on acne on my chin..i tried so many cream antibiotic but nothing helps inbstead they trigger more... i dont know what to do... pls advise shall i continue using mupirocin or shall i wait until 3 more days to complete 7 days coourse.....plsss guys advise on my if you are using the same cream?? until when u get the result????

Try using a hydrocolloid bandage on it. You can find them at most drugstores (I've bought mine at Walgreens, they were labeled as advanced healing bandages) They are seriously miracle workers!
hi thank you taylaur, im currently leaving in dubai i hope i can able to find hydrocolloid bandage, how many days you use it?

monsterous crap

I only had a spider bite which i am allergic to. I dabbed the tiniest bit on my cheek. My whole face has swelled up in giant hives, blisters, red, itching, burning. I can't leave my apartment now! I look like a monster. Putting silver water on it...

Sounds like you have shingles, I too thought mine was a spider bite, I would go see a dr.

BEST TREATMENT EVER! HOWEVER, BE CAREFUL.

This stuff is AMAZING. Every time i get a cyst and it drains, i apply this and in 3 days it will be gone with NO red mark. This stuff works better than any retinol, antibiotic, BP etc. HOWEVER, PLEASE READ THIS WARNING BEFORE YOU USE IT: This stuff is powerful, and you will grow resistant to it if you use it too much. Please ONLY apply it once-twice a month, or when you get a huge scab. DO NOT apply it all over your face for more than 5 days at a time. I overused it, and i got a fungal infection and this ointment no longer worked. Its been 6 months since ive last used it, and im going to the derm to get prescribed this again. I pray to god that this works and doesnt give me an allergic reaction.

It's an antibiotic not antifungal

It itches

My dermatologist prescribed this product for my skin, I have acne and dark spots. However, after using this at night I can't even sleep, it burns and itches. It does work cause I have seen results in just two days. Does any one experience the burning and the itching? I don't know, probably that's how it works.

Maybe you're applying too much? I apply the thinnest layer possible and still dab off some. Its really thick and tacky stuff!
Yes.... I experience the itching and stinging sensation. It's normal but I wouldn't continue if I couldn't sleep. Maybe the medication is too strong for your skin, or the facial wash you use to cleanse before applying maybe the problem. It's best wash your face with Cetephil or any mild facial cleanser. I'm not a doctor but this is what works for me.

3 Day Process and Gone!

I had a lot of acne around my ear and parts of my neck too(as mentioned by another reviewer). Amazingly though, after properly using this, the next day the acne was noticably less. And 3 days in the process, you couldn't see it anymore! I also read this article([link removed] on it, to get to know my skin type and proper combinations to use on it in order to have as much effect as possible.

hi im now on my 4rth day but im not getting any result shall i continue using ??? my acne is diff cuctic and red scatterd all over my chin

Extremely Awesome

I got a single acne inside the skin on my face that has been bothering me for almost a month! When it went out of the skin I tried to pop it but while I was doing it, I scraped a thin layer of skin around the acne. Non-stop bleeding followed after that. I stopped popping it since the bleeding has gotten worse until I tapped some ice on my face. The bleeding finally stoped but the skin around the acne was so dark as if it has a bruise. I left it alone after washing my face. The next day, there was a freaky thick pus inside the acne!!! I decided to buy antibiotic ointment for it. The pharmacist recomended this Mupirocin ointment. :) What I did was wash may face with warm water and put this ointment every morning and before bed and viola! After 2 days, no more pus and my skin looks awesome like nothing happened! My skin was definately healed and the scrape was gone. The darkening also disappeared. Only a very light blemish was left on face. It's like magic! ^0^

Works

everything greasy, moderately itchy I've been using bactroban on and off for 3 years. No ones ever been able to tell me what happens on my face/head/neck, but this is the only thing that works for it. I get acne but after reading other reviews I'd have to say I might be getting a staph type of rash during times of stress. it starts on my neck in little raised bumps then spreads all over my head and throughout my hair. If left untreated some of the bumps start to turn into open wound like scabs. (not poppable) Cystic pimple things start to form everyday I'll get a new one and so I always make sure I have bactroban. I do not use it for regular acne and don't suggest it, or using bandaids on sensitive skin. That left big red round rings around my problem areas. If any one reads this and feels like they've had the same thing the most important thing is to stay extra clean. Wash your hands before ever touching your face, change your pillow case every night and stay away from everything in your makeup bag that has touched infected areas. Good luck!

Guest Kim
Guest Kim

-Gets rid of staph infections...(but won't for long if people are using if for everything) -Very itchy and burns (I've taken it for Staph infection) -If you are using this for acne-STOP- you are breeding MRSA (Staph bacteria that is resistant to antibotics) If you are using this for acne you need to STOP. It is one of the only antibiotics out there that will kill MRSA (Staph bacteria resistant to other antibiotics). I was on it for a staph infection that I got after nose surgery. I can't believe people are using it for acne. It's very irresponsible for doctors to prescribe this for acne. When you take unnecessary antibiotics like this for minor conditions like acne you are making it more likely that it will not work against serious infections that it really needs to work for... like staph infections. Besides, its very itchy and burns on the skin I don't know why you would prefer this to other acne treatments.

If you haven't had serious acne for a good portion of your life, the kind that doesn't go away even with religious use of numerous different products, then you wouldn't understand what it's like to find something that really works.
Staph can thrive in a blemish caused by acne just as much as it can from your nose job. Any opening in The skin can house MRSA so let's leave it to the professionals that have a degree in medicine to decide if this the best treatment for folks with acne.
I agree with rmr131 I think the professionals will know what's best .
Guest midori
Guest midori

gets rid of annoying spots and pimples overnight!!! For added effective ness, you could use a bandaid with it. Loses its effectiveness the longer you use it. It. is. EXPENSIVE. It does work. Sometimes it will work less effectively, but it's worth it. You should definitely purchase this.

Yes it does work. I think people who use it should immediately discontinue after the problem area(s) has cleared. I � it! For the first time in years, my face is clear 😊
Guest Ye
Guest Ye

Clears up acne SO fast! Its has a thick consistency so it can be kind of oily I saw the reviews for this product so I asked my doctor to prescribe it for me.My skin was terrible bad so I used this for the past two days and my face looks 65% better. It does a nice, quick turn a round on your skin. But because your skin can get used to it I only plan on using this for one week and then going back to my regular routine. However I will always keep this on hand!

Guest Ryan
Guest Ryan

Clears up the cysts nicely Oily, can't use it constantly I have been on this product for about 2 weeks and so far it's really not doing much for me. I read the reviews and was extremely optimistic. It has gotten rid of the cystic acne i used to get but now i have small little bumps all over my face. And me skin is more oily overall then i used to be. I'm planning on stopping use of this pretty soon.

Guest Adam
Guest Adam

Works overnight! Cleared skin completely in just a few days! you're not suppose to use it for more than a week out of every month else you could develop a resistance to it. If you're desperate to get a clear face fast - this is the quickest way to get rid of your acne TEMPORARILY (took me 2 days!)

Hello, yes, I use this because I develop staph on my face very very easily. It is wonderful for scab open wound staph. But please don't use muporicin on all acne unless a board certified dermatologist or dr tells you to do so. You only need the smallest amount. Staph infections are no joke, and you want to be able to fight them for a long time without becoming resistant. This poster is speaking sensibly. Our entire bodies are in a balance of bacteria, flora, fauna, you name it. My brother washed very frequently with antibiotic soap, on both face and hands, but he also over used this ointment on his face, he ended up with the worst fungal infection on both his face, nails and hands, after 6 years his nails are still bad, after 3 his face is mostly clear. To the poster who mentioned "fungal infections are not bacterial" you are correct they are not. They are worse. But..they can happen when your body or face ' s natural protective layers..including bacteria (which we need a balance of (like with intestinal health) to properly fight off, other infections. I have been prescribed this for open oozing scab type pimples (don't pick on fragile skin, and don't assume what you can do at 13 you can do at 28) use the smallest amount, this medication is a terrible choice to buy off the shelf and slather on.ask a professional what kind of pimples or spots this works on and use only as directed, for the shortest amount of time as directed. best of luck to all old (and new-myself, (hormonal acne) skin care sufferers
Guest Rachel
Guest Rachel

Worked FAST..I have spent hundreds of dollars on various skin care regimes, but NOTHING has worked this well. I have deep cystic type acne on my chin and smaller normal type pimples on the cheeks. I am thrilled that I am not not so self conscious abo Greasy, shiny, and very slightly itchy DEFINITELY worth the money...I wish I had found this before I spent so much money on various products, skin care lines, and other medications

Comments

Was amazed, worked overnight, lessens redness & facial blotches, reduced tenderness, pimples disappeared Greasy (so I use it only at night), mildly itchy (but so worth it!) I started using this because of a Staph infection I had at the base of my neck. I noticed the next morning that the acne I had around the same area (that I've spent $$$$ over the last few years to treat unsuccessfully) was completely gone. A week later (yesterday) I had a follow up w/ my Dr. & she said although my Staph was better I could use it on my whole face if I wanted to. I woke up this morning to a face that is now completely clear & no redness or blotches. I cried tears of joy. I just hope by using it occasionally this will continue.

Guest jerryg
Guest jerryg

Works on cystic acne like nothing I've tried but a consistent oral antibiotic regimen. None, but like all antibiotics, you should use for 7+ days to complete the course. If you have cystic acne and a dermatologist, have them prescribe this for you. I struggle with occasional but infrequent cyst flareups and had a few recently while out of town. On a whim at the time I tried Polysporin which was available and helped somewhat with the cyst that had broken the skin, but not with the one that didn't. Got home two days ago and found Bactroban (2% mupirocin) in the cabinet. Looked it up here and saw good reviews. Applied with a small circular bandaid and in one day it was noticeably reduced. Second day in, it is reduced more. The only thing in the past that I've found to impact cystic acne like this is oral antibiotics on a consistent regimen, which frankly I stopped doing because I'm not comfortable with such a lifetime regimen. Not sure of the cost, depends on your health plan, but the tube I have will last for years so I consider it cheap!

Guest Ash
Guest Ash

My face had broken out with tiny bumps all over my cheeks and sides of my face and around my mouth I applied Mupirocin and it immediately cleared up!!! I have struggled with pimples for 7 years now and I wish I had found this product sooner! My face is a little dry, but no pimples :) This is a crazy good product for people who have a bacteria infection causing breakouts on the skin. I dont know about anyone else using this, but I am so relieved to have found something that actually works for me after 7 years of crying because my face would randomly break out with small bumps that covered my entired face and make up couldn't cover it! Now I feel like I wont need to wear as much make up now! I am so excited!

Popular Topical