Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mupirocin (2%) Topical Antibiotic Ointment - Reviews

Mupirocin (2%) Topical Antibiotic Ointment

View Ingredients
Mupirocin USP (2%).

Miscible ointment base (polyethylene glycol ointment, N.F.) consisting of polyethylene glycol 400 and polyethylene glycol 3350.
Pixiegal76

Taylaur
Try using a hydrocolloid bandage on it. You can find them at most drugstores (I've bought mine at Walgreens, they were labeled as advanced healing bandages) They are seriously miracle workers!

linn
hi thank you taylaur, im currently leaving in dubai i hope i can able to find hydrocolloid bandage, how many days you use it?

neshama

Twin04
Sounds like you have shingles, I too thought mine was a spider bite, I would go see a dr.

Chloe123

Psilvs
It's an antibiotic not antifungal

Katlego Mabunda

Pineapple21
Maybe you're applying too much? I apply the thinnest layer possible and still dab off some. Its really thick and tacky stuff!

Jlana
Yes.... I experience the itching and stinging sensation. It's normal but I wouldn't continue if I couldn't sleep. Maybe the medication is too strong for your skin, or the facial wash you use to cleanse before applying maybe the problem. It's best wash your face with Cetephil or any mild facial cleanser. I'm not a doctor but this is what works for me.

Jlana

Persoon

linn
hi im now on my 4rth day but im not getting any result shall i continue using ??? my acne is diff cuctic and red scatterd all over my chin

skinperfectionist
sunnflowerrs

Mabellelune
After getting hospitalized from a tattoo giving me staph I have had mrsa once and staph twice more! They always start as like one or two “pimples” on my neck like in my hairline. Once I scratch it and it it spreads like wildfire. All through my scalp, face and neck. I’m naturally a picker and that doesn’t help bc by the time i realized it was a staph blister it was too late from me popping pimples on my face etc. it’s currently making its way down my back and chest too and that’s just one day of exposure. I have 5 big boils but they don’t ever pop. I agree it works wonders. Now I just wish I would stop getting the breakouts.

smd41813
If you haven't had serious acne for a good portion of your life, the kind that doesn't go away even with religious use of numerous different products, then you wouldn't understand what it's like to find something that really works.

rmr131
Staph can thrive in a blemish caused by acne just as much as it can from your nose job. Any opening in The skin can house MRSA so let's leave it to the professionals that have a degree in medicine to decide if this the best treatment for folks with acne.

fjw123
I agree with rmr131 I think the professionals will know what's best .

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a New Account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes