Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jerryhouston

MMMMMM Chocolate

Does chocolate make you breakout? Every time I have chocolate Ice cream or a chocolate bar I breakout, I love chocolate but im afraid to eat it. Any one with the same problem?

I've answered this question with long detailed answers far too often and I'll give you a short abbreviated answer. Everyone has their own opinions of what breaks them out. There is not 1 food in particular that breaks everyone out universally. This question can not be answered.

Yeah, unfortunally chocolate does seems to make me break out. During easter i ate a big chocolate bunny and about 5 days later i seen the side effects :doubt:

Does chocolate make you breakout? Every time I have chocolate Ice cream or a chocolate bar I breakout, I love chocolate but im afraid to eat it. Any one with the same problem?

I seemed to break out a lot from eating... well, not just chocolate.. almost everything seemed to break me out, even salads! Now that I'm on the CSR, I can eat lots of chocolate and ice cream and I remain clear. :D

It's just a question of getting the bacteria under control I guess. But as Chris said, it finally boils down to partcular behavior of each metabolism.

For me I've never noticed a link with chocolate and breaking out, but as other people have pointed out everyones acne has different triggers :)

i agree with Janiet, over Lent (im catholic) i decided to give up sweets (im 17, but only did it to encourage my lil sis lol) so i had no sweets or chocolate for ages

but my acne condition remained the same, broke out a little as usuall, no major outbreaks.

unless eating chocolate varies from person to person, may break out some people but not others

It doesn't seem to affect some people, but I found I do breakout when I eat chocolate.

Didn't believe it at first, but I was on a high one day, and ate a big block of chocolate, and a couple of days later... BAM... a whole colony of whiteheads on my cheek - and I don't usually get acne on my cheek area!

Chocolate doesn't do anything to me at all. If I drink milk or eat ice cream however, I break out badly a few days after :/ And I used to love milk. Gotta test it again in a year or sumthin.

I dunno, but I usually don't eat chocolate just incase anyway.

I ate a big chocolate cookies today though :rolleyes:

Chocolate was the love of my life. Unfortunately, we broke up, as it was a one way relationship. I did all the taking and the chocolate did all the giving............ACNE!!!!!! So we parted company. I still see chocolate from time to time when I'm out and about, we look at each other, and I smile at him, and although I am tempted to get back with him, I know it will never work. We just aren't meant to be together. And so as much as I still love him, I have to go on without him and get on as best I can. I met Apple the other day and we see each other a lot now that chocolate has left a hole in my life. Apple is always there when I really miss chocolate, and I think I will grow to love apple just as much one day.

i probaly seems like it breaks you out because you eat it around errr um that time of the mounth its probaly not related to the chocolate at all :eh:

usually find that chocolate and milk breaks me out unfourtunatly. Shame cos i like both of them..sigh..

I'm in the same boat. It's so sad.

It breaks me out and so does anything with high sugar content and milk ingredients but everyone is different. My siblings can have inhale the crap and not have one blemish to show for it. So much for heredity. I must've gotten the shit genes

are you people all eating that "candy" chocolate like milk chocolate and the stuff high in sugar / dairy, or the real dark chocolate which is lower in sugar then most fruits and has no dairy?

Chocolate was the love of my life. Unfortunately, we broke up, as it was a one way relationship. I did all the taking and the chocolate did all the giving............ACNE!!!!!! So we parted company. I still see chocolate from time to time when I'm out and about, we look at each other, and I smile at him, and although I am tempted to get back with him, I know it will never work. We just aren't meant to be together. And so as much as I still love him, I have to go on without him and get on as best I can. I met Apple the other day and we see each other a lot now that chocolate has left a hole in my life. Apple is always there when I really miss chocolate, and I think I will grow to love apple just as much one day.

Just brilliant!

Don't you guys get it? It's not a specific food type that breaks you out but a food category? Try cutting out any food with added sugar, corn syrup etc, then say whether or not 'chocolate' breaks you out. How would you know if you stop eating chocolate, but continue to eat frosted breakfast cereals, ice cream, cookies, cake, fizzy drinks... naturally, if refined sugar (just about everything except natural fructose sugars found in fruit) is the culprit, cutting out chocolate alone won't help!

Refined grain products are also a worry for many, which incorporates more than just white bread, by the way.

And others have developed a sensitivity to all milk products (containing difficult to digest proteins).

You have to be a little more scientific in your approach to figure out what is causing breakouts. A bit more thorough.

And just because we know someone who eats crap food and doesn't get acne doesn't mean that we won't - they may express those bad food groups via alternative, less visible health issues... depends on their genetic predisposition and their history.

Anyway, cutting out all food from the refined sugar and refined grains categories has helped my skin noticably... Apple is now my amore, too, Vikster :wub:

Well, let's see. I've cut refined grains completely out of my diet for the time being. I've cut refined sugars out for the most part - there's a small amount of sugar (3g per serving) added to some of the salad dressings I eat, there's sugar added to the dried wild blueberries I like, and there's sugar added to the coconut sherbert (dairy free). Today I had a lot of DARK low sugar chocolate for the first time in a week to see if it'll break me out. It's definitely got me feelin nice... we'll see if there's any unwanted side effects in a couple days.......

Well, let's see. I've cut refined grains completely out of my diet for the time being. I've cut refined sugars out for the most part - there's a small amount of sugar (3g per serving) added to some of the salad dressings I eat, there's sugar added to the dried wild blueberries I like, and there's sugar added to the coconut sherbert (dairy free). Today I had a lot of DARK low sugar chocolate for the first time in a week to see if it'll break me out. It's definitely got me feelin nice... we'll see if there's any unwanted side effects in a couple days.......

Sugar breaks me out worse than anything else. I usually avoid it like the plague, but last weekend was my birthday, so I bought some lovely goat milk ice-cream. The only ingredients were goat milk, eggs and sugar - it was delicious, but not quite worth the 4 mosquito-bite-sized zits I got all in one spot on my cheek about 2-3 days later. I KNOW sugar does that to me -- nothing else gives me big pimples like that. :wall:

Okay, it's been a few days and I know think chocolate may have a role in breaking me out, either directly or indirectly. I read that chocolate can make it more pleasurable to eat other foods kind of similar to what marijuana does to you (although I never really got strong munchies unless I was already hungry if I smoked weed), and I've always noticed that after I eat chocolate I'm more likely to binge on sugary snacks of just generally things I shouldn't be eating. So I found somewhat scientific backing of that little observation. But it could also just be breaking me out directly just because chocolate could be one of those offending foods for me. One thing is for sure though, I'm gonna have to give it up :( Chalk another food to the offending list... :wall: