Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hapagyrl

Clean and clear oil absorbing sheets???????

HEy I was wondering,

I have been using clean and clear oil absorbing sheets for about two months now. I looked at the back of the package and noticed that they contain mineral oil. Doesn't mineral oil cause acne???????and if so, does anyone have any suggestions for removing oil on your face before applying a touch-up powder?????

thanks!

HEy I was wondering,

I have been using clean and clear oil absorbing sheets for about two months now. I looked at the back of the package and noticed that they contain mineral oil. Doesn't mineral oil cause acne???????and if so, does anyone have any suggestions for removing oil on your face before applying a touch-up powder?????

thanks!

I have been using the oil removing sheets for years. You can purchase them at Sally's Beauty Supply for a lot cheaper than what clean and clear sells them for and get about 100 sheets in a pack. Actually, I read something on this forum for oily skin, because I too have extremely oily skin, and it does work. Purchase a tube of anti-chafing cream. You mix it with a little water ( I personally have skipped that part), then apply corn starch as a powder to your skin. IT WORKS WONDERS!!!!!! My skin does not get oily ALL DAY LONG. Usually by lunch I felt so greasy I wanted to wash my face and reapply makeup but I used the oil blotting papers instead. I do use a mineral powder over top of the corn starch to put some color back as corn starch is white. I wish I remember where I saw that post because I would like to thank the makeup artists that shared that tip with another member (products with mineral oil in them are great for oily skin). I have tried every product on the market for oily skin and NOTHING COMPARES TO THIS!!! Try it, it really works.

Cigrette rolling papers are meant to be very good at soakig up oil, even better then blotting papers so I've heard so you might consider giving those a go :)

If you want to see the greese try a brown paper towel, the ones they have in public bathrooms. haha