Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

While my skin is no longer red, it has begun getting very flaky and peeling. I know this is in the normal list of things that should happen, so i'm not freaking out. Should I increase the amount of moisturizer I am using? Possibly change moisturizers to one that will work better?

If you are new to the Regimen, this is common. I think this has happend to the majority of us, including myself. My solution was use the same amount of moisturizer, but cut back on the BP. Maybe you started off too fast. If your skin is new to BP, start with a thin layer, and gradually increase the amount, so that your skin can develop a feel for it and get used to it. Hopefully this works, if not, re-post and we'll try something new.

Chris

P.S. Remember, keeping your skin properly moisturized is key. Dry skin = irritated skin. Irritated skin leads to break outs.

I am new to the regimen, this is my 6th day. Right now I am using a little over 1/3 of a finger one time a day. Maybe I will cut back a little more and hold off increasing how much I am using at a week mark.

Thanks!

Hey,

Yeh, peeling is perfectly normal at that stage of the regimen. If you're already using over 1/3 of a finger (a half, maybe?) my guess is you're ramping up your dosage a little bit fast. I wouldn't cut back the ammount but increase it slower.

Once you get your skin used to BP, you could try an AHA moisturizer which will help a lot with the flakiness. In the meantime, you could increase your current moisturizer dosage, as long as it doesn't cause breakouts.

Good luck.

For the current time, I have been been using the amount shown in the pix Dan put up here. http://acne.org/finger.html I have the on the spot, so i have been using a little more than 1/3 of a finger, just like the pix. I have also been doing it once a day.

I think i will try to find another moisturizer, just because the one i have been using isn't too good (made to control oil), so i think it may be adding a little drying since my skin is now dryer from the BP?

id give a bit more moisturiser to your skin at night and a bit less bp in the day.

this way you wont look OVERLY dry.

I am actually only using the BP at night, so maybe increase the moisturizer all around. I am headed to a bigger town tomorrow, so hopefully i can find one of the recomended moisturizers.

Thanks for the input!

I peeled terribly at the start of the regimen and that was only doing it once a day aswell. I would recommend just using as much moisturiser as you feel you need to make sure it isn't visible, and apply at any time during the day if necessary (I know I definitely needed this!) :)