Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emi

Low dose Accutane + Superficial Glycolic acid peeling

Hi, Im taking 20mg of isotretinoin per day and in the second month..Yesterday i went to my derm and ask for the superficial glycolic acid peeling and he said i can do it for 6 times,once in every two weeks..At first i thought it is going to be a disaster but it is not..My scar lighten up after the first course and i do will complete the six times course..My skin do get red at first and the redness reduce times after times...If you want to undergo this type of treatment,here are some advices:

* Wash your face with gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil, Neostrata PHA 4 Cleanser or Paula's Choice N/Dry Skin Cleanser.

* Spray Thermal Spring water after cleanse for 1 minute before moisturize to soothe your skin and do avoid toners if you have sensitive skin and on Accutane.

* Apply moisturizer, i do like Cetaphil, Paula's Choice and Avene.

* Apply antioxidant serum after moisturize. Get one from Neosrata (Bionic Seum), Paula's Choice, Clinique, Olay Regenerist Eye Serum (this eye serum is great for the face) and it is oil free.

* Apply sunscreen. My favourite is Olay Total Effect, Fragrance Free..Its contain niacamide to reduce redness and protect your skin.

* For anyone who consume low dose Accutane (20mg-30mg/day),if your skin can tolerate retinoid,you can use Differin cream every two days.Dont use the gel coz it is more drying and the cream is sufficient..For any red mark, you can apply Azelex cream to the spot and it do lighten it up.