Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skipper

WHICH ACNE PRODUCTS DO YOU HATE THE MOST?

I hate tetracyclines (minocycline) cuz it's just a tease. Makes your face perfect, then when you stop using it, BOOM, back to normal.

Hi,

Which acne products do you hate the most? Which ones are the worst for you?

I tried Retin-A and that made everything worse, but I think it was because I was less-informed when I used it. I was probably around fifteen and stupid. That could make a difference. I had doxycycline and that helped a little bit, but you had to use it religiously just like anything. Like Chris said, you stop using it and everything is back to the way it was. But that shouldn't be a surprise. It is a suppression mechanism not a cure and vaccine. ;)

, John

differin.

What was your experience with Differin? Curious as to why it is your most hated product. It worked very well for me where I don't get inflammatory acne (forehead/nose and cheeks), but it has wrecked utter havoc on my chin (where I sometimes get inflammatory acne). I had no active acne when I started the Differin, now my chin is all broken out. So I sort of have a love/hate relationship with Differin at the moment. I'm trying to decide if I should continue to use it on my chin.

proavtic solution sucks...i used it for 4 weeks i had perfect results tiny scarring but hardly visible but once i got off the stuff...bam back to square one, they sould of sent a warning about this :wall:

Hi, Which acne products do you hate the most? Which ones are the worst for you?

Benzoyl Peroxide - I'm allergic to it :wall:

Everything (excluding prescription stuff) that you see on tv. Proactiv is one of them. The products are complete crap, and most people in the commercials aren't acne sufferers. I'm surprised so many people buy it. Prescription stuff is a million times better.

Hmm. Now what would happen in Jessica Simpson started doing Differin or Accutane commericals...:D

differin.

What was your experience with Differin? Curious as to why it is your most hated product. It worked very well for me where I don't get inflammatory acne (forehead/nose and cheeks), but it has wrecked utter havoc on my chin (where I sometimes get inflammatory acne). I had no active acne when I started the Differin, now my chin is all broken out. So I sort of have a love/hate relationship with Differin at the moment. I'm trying to decide if I should continue to use it on my chin.

I wish i had a long, detailed explanation to why i don't like differin, but it simply made my acne worse. after i had been using differin for a while i started to get large, red, headless acne (cysts, i guess). everyone has a different experience with each medication, but differin just didnt work for me. luckily for me, at about the time differin messed up my acne, i stumbled upon this website and started the regimen :clap:

benzyol peroxide.... very red face, especially on my cheeks (even tho i didn't use it there) which lasted months n months after discontinued use

I hate anything that contains Benzoyl Peroxide!!!! Damn those health and beauty companies to commercialize on this chemical. It only damages and makes our face worse in the long run.

I also hate all antibiotics for acne and Damn those Dermatologist for pescribing them. The antibiotics are only a temproary fix until you can't take it no more and force yourself to go on accutane. Is that the solution? Our acne doesn't have to be so extreme. Our Dermatologist makes it that way. So we can keep coming back for more and more. Dermatologist don't care about us. They don't even spend the time to find out why we have acne. I've been to over three Derms and with every single one, I end up waiting for at least an hour or two before i get seen for ONLY about five minutes for a bottle of Benzoyl Peroxide solution or Antibiotics? What a rip off! I think it's a mistake that a lot of us make. Acne is not a skin condition like psoriasis, enzyma, age spots, wrinkles, burns etc... It's just poor facial care, hormonal imbalance, and/or diet, which can simply be cared for through an aesthetician for a lot cheaper and quicker. We wouldn't have to suffer all those years with hideous skin through low self-esteem and isolation. We could have blossom into a confident, bold, and successful individual ready to take over the world. :evil:

i seem to be one of the few who actually kinda likes retin-a :redface: ...it definitely has irritated my skin a bit, but it's the only thing thats helped my cysts. although my derm told me to try differin, as it seems to be less irritating, it only made my acne worse...:snooty:

salicylic acid seems to work on my "up and coming" pimples...if i stick some clean and clear 2% on the smaller ones, theyre usually much smaller by the next day!

Neutrogena. Don't know what it is about that brand, but if I even get near that brand, I break out.

Oh, and add Pro-Activ to embittered list.

Cetaphil..

Claimed to help with senstive skin, and acne problems.

Surre.

It GAVE me contact dermatitis(and I am just clearing it up now!)

And the moisteriser is even worse.

Both of them together= hell.

AND.

Neaotrgina.

THe Oil-free acne wash SUCKED, and cuz of it..I got a PIZZA FACE!

PROACTIV. Worked like in the beginning than sucked. uhh....MURAD hate it. I guess I started having bad acne and started using those products because of this prescription medication that's similiar to retin-a and it REALLY was bad. it made me regret it for the rest of my life. sigh.....2 years ago my skin was great. it wasn't fine but I would have only 2 or three blemishes. But I'd get it away by the end of the day. But after that prescription drug that sucks I've been finding a BILLION cures for my face. NONE of which has worked since that drug. And all those antibiotics SUCk too.

Anything containing sulpher. My mom used to buy the chep acne medication, and it contained sulpher... arggg the smell. I also hated when she would buy the tinted stuff. When you're a desperate teen, trying to hide your acne, I would only make it more obvious with a LIGHT application of tinted what ever....

I used retin-a, it was about the only thing that made my face red. I have a few school pics, where I look sunburn in the area where you have your "laugh lines" .... But now, I'm so resistant to everything, I swear I could use HCL acid on my face, and it wouldn't do anything but tingle.

oh did i mention BP?

BBBBB PPPPP

BB BB PP PP

BB BB PP PP

BBBBB PPPPP

BBBBBB PP

BB BB PP

BBBBBB PP SUCKS!

EVERYF*CKING ACNE PRODUCT causes you to breakout.

I suggest you all read my thread "A new light to all of us" somewhere around this forum. You'll learn a thing or two, and possibly, even banish acne forever :D

minocycline (i recently went to see a plastic surgeon about a scar on my cheek and he said he doesnt understand why derms prescribe minocycline because it weakens bones and teeth and takes a while to work, in most cases) when i went on minocycline my skin was soo much more sensitive tp the sun, even with high numbers of sunscreen on i got the worst burns of my life on the tops of my hands and my nose. they got all blistered and burned even when i was indoors

differin (just made my skin a whole lot worse--my derm told me that i would probably get an initial breakout but that i just had to stick it out and wait for the improvements...yeah...it never improved my skin just kept getting worse after a couple of months)