Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bareare

BareAre`s Roaccutane log

I`m a 17 years old Norwegian male, who have had acne since I was about 12 years old. I have tried lots of creams and cleansers, and also Tetracycline, but none of them could make my acne go away. :(

Two years ago or so my acne was terrible. Lots of cysts all over my face. My selfconfidence went from very good to extremely bad in 2-3 months or so, ONLY because of the acne. I went from having almost none to having the whole face covered in 2-3 months. At this point I started using creams which my derm told me to use. These had almost no effect, and after having used Tetracycline for 4 months or so withouot effect I decided to try to get Roaccutane, which probably is the only way out. Though I, at the moment, only have moderate acne, I got Roaccutane after having discussed alot. I`m SO ready to get a clear face! :D

In the beginning I`ll take two pills a day, 20 mg each, 40 mg a day. After a month I hope I can take 60 mg a day. I`ll also use a face cleanser called Avène Cleanance, which have worked OK at me, a skin moisturizer from Vichy, and an expensive lip balm from Avène.

I`ll probably post some pictures after a while, just got to take some first. :angel:

Feel free to write, encourage and ask! :) Wish me luck! ;)

Day 1 & 2

40 mg

Now I have taken 3 pills, two yesterday and one today. My face looks exactly the same, 5-6 hurting cysts and lots of red marks, especially around my mouth. :( I haven`t noticed any side effects yet, but it will be soon I guess!?

At the moment I have nothing more to say about that=p Now I`m going to play football (soccer), and just have fun so that time goes faster! :D

Welcome to the club! :) Good luck, it'll be over before you know it. I just finished my 3rd month and time is flying. The first few weeks will be weird, though. You'll get oiler as the Accutane pushes out all the nasty stuff, then you will get extremely dry. But hey, thats better than greasy, right? Keep us posted!

Good luck! Congrats on taking the first steps to clear skin. I hope you have great progress. ;)

Cheers,

Mark x

hey good luck dude,

haha and you're right we're all ready for clear skin. And sooner or later we'll get it. :D

I'm sure the tan will work wonders for you! Keep us updated!

Good Luck! ;)

btw what's the weather like in norway? Here in germany we've rain, rain and again rain.

Thanks for writing all! :D

Welcome to the club! Good luck, it'll be over before you know it. I just finished my 3rd month and time is flying. The first few weeks will be weird, though. You'll get oiler as the Accutane pushes out all the nasty stuff, then you will get extremely dry. But hey, thats better than greasy, right? Keep us posted!

Day 3

40 mg

The situation is almost the same as yesterday. Feels like a deep cyst is on its way at the side of the nose, but I don`t really know.. Something hurts under there, that`s for sure. Could possibly only be another zit too, my skin is so weird! :confused: My lips feel a little drier than yesterday, but I only used my lip balm, and *poof* they felt perfect! :D Had a slight headache yesterday too. Could that be a side effect of Roaccutane? :think: Btw, now I`m going to eat! Later I`ll go to the gym and maybe go play some football after that! ;D

Thanks Spleak! I saw you started at the same day as I!=p I also noticed that you`ve had more side effects than me, why is that? :think: Do you drink much water? I do, and that may be why I`m not that dry, or what? Got to eat, C U L8R=p

Still on day 3, Took my 6`th pill some minutes ago (wow, I`m on my 4`th day soon). After my workout I took a look in the mirror, and noticed that one more cyst is on its way at the FRONT of my nose! :| Guess this "explosion" is the so-called Initial Breakout (IB), or what? At the moment my whole face is hurting because of this. This really sucks! :wall: SO glad school is out this week, hate meeting people looking/feeling like this. You all know what I`m talking about, I suppose. :doubt: Tonight I`m going to watch some kids, relax and earn some money! :) I`ll update you all tomorrow! ;)

Day 4

40 mg

Yey, my face both feels and looks better today! Yesterday I tried self-tanning, and it seriously worked! Guess that`s why I feel so much better. Now it looks like I`ve been hours in the sun, though I really can`t stay in it for long! :D Took some pictures that I`ll post here as soon as I get them at my computer! When I woke up this morning, I felt that my skin was a lot dryer than usual. My lips are dryer than yesterday too. This ain`t really a problem yet, as I`ve got a great moisturizer and lip balm. The one cyst, which is at the side of my nose, is about to "break out" and it really hurts! :evil: The one at my nose though, seems to be only a zit, a zit that hurts a lot! :confused: One good thing is that my headache is gone! Wohoo! :D Today I`ve spent my time sleeping, and being at football practise. Later I`m going to watch a film or something! :)

Side effects of Roccutane:

- A little dry lips

- Dry skin (face)

- Headache

Seems like I`m kind of lucky with side-effects yet. My mood is okay and the dryness ain`t too bad. The worst side-effect is probably the headaches, which are gone at the moment! :D

I`ll probably post some pictures of myself tomorrow or something, or maybe later today if I get time! ;)

Day 6

40 mg

Sorry I didn`t update yesterday. Spent the whole day in the city, and was so tired when I came home.

Thought I should have some pictures here by now, but haven`t understood the camera completely yet, but I`ll ask mom about that later, and she`ll fix it!=p

My skin is getting more and more dry and sometimes oily, and the cysts are hurting like never before. My lips are dry. My head aches worse than ever, got headaches all day. These headaches really suck!

Side-effects of Roaccutane:

- DRY skin

- Oily skin

- Dry lips

- Headaches

Found out that my moisturizer is "mildly fraganced", could that be a poblem? :| Bought a new one yesterday, and it`s very expensive, so really hope it doesn`t matter, but if I have to I`ll probably buy a new one. :think: Bought a new cleanser too, called Dermalogica anti-bac skin wash, someone who knows if it`s good or not?

Now I`ll read some training-stuff, got an exam next week. Have to read A LOT, better start now.. And for those of you who wonder I`m on athletic studies. :) Pictures probably will be posted soon! ;)

I have decided to buy a new moisturiser, `cause the one I have contains fragrance! :evil: Why do they put fragrance, which is bad for your skin, in a moisturiser? :wall: I thought the one I have got was expensive, but the one I`m going to buy now costs 3 times more!! There goes all my money this month. Guess I`ll have to stay away from stores until the 16`th. :doubt: Yay, guess I`ll have to have it to get clear skin. It`s called Dermalogica Active Moist and costs 400 Norwegian kroner or about 50 Euro, for 52 ml! :evil: Hate this stuff.. Now I`ll get no use of the moisturiser I bought yesterday.. I`m so #¤%& stupid! :wall:

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Best of luck. :)

Thank you Grow_To_Overthrow! :D

Now I`ve bought that stuff I`ve been talking about! Ain`t got no money, but hope it works better than the one I`ve been using.

Btw, my headache is gone at the moment! I haven`t noticed anything, though I`ve been reading for my exam all day! :D Feels great! Later I`m going to football practise, then I`ll probably post some pictures of my skin. :)

50€ for a moisturizer. Damn that's quite expensive. :( Hope its worth its money!

Hey and I have had headaches in the beginning too. But they vanished after some days. ;)

Anyways, I think that the dry skin and lips show that the accutane is kicking in. I hope you'll see a good improvement the next weeks!

cj

Thanks CJ :D

Yeah, that seriously IS expensive! It`s said that it`s one of the best moisturizers that you can find, really hope I don`t get disappointed!

The headaches vanished after some days!? :surprised: Great! :D That`s the worst thing I`ve experienced with Roaccutan so far. Yeah, my dryness probably shows that Roaccutane is kicking in! Can`t wait to see the results the next weeks!

And CJ; you`ve been through a lot, but all in all you`ve got amazing results (saw your log)! :D

8 days until World Cup 2006! :D:D:D:D

Day 7

40 mg

Yay, one week almost done! And my skin is feeling even dryer! Had to moisturize twice to get the dryness away. Now, at least it don`t look dry, but feels very dry though. I`ve also got 2 new cysts, one on my cheek, the other on my nose. My skin is all red too. :doubt: Hope it won`t be this red for long! This redness and dryness, together with my IB, makes my confidence go downhill. Don`t feel like going out meeting people, just want to sit here all day, and thats weird to be me. :(

Summary of the first week:

- Very dry skin

- Dry lips

- Redness

- Headache

- Initial breakout

Today I`ve only been sitting inside reading for my exam. Kind of boring! Guess I`ll go to the gym or play football or somthing later, if I feel for it though.. Don`t really want to meet people, being this red and stuff. Actually I feel really ugly at the moment.. :doubt:

Lots of negative things here now, but at the positive side, though, I`ve soon finished one week! And hopefully my IB will calm down until school starts, at tuesday. And it`s only 8 days until World Cup 2006 - Germany! :D

Btw I`m having some problems with getting my pictures at the computer, but as soon as I manage, I`ll post them here! ;)

And CJ; you`ve been through a lot, but all in all you`ve got amazing results (saw your log)! :D

Hey thanks man. Hey and thats exactly the point. It will get better man. Sonner or later it will! Yes it had been hard times for me but I can see great results now. Though I'm sure you'll get great results too. And I know what you're talking about feeling ugly and not want to meet anybody or do anything! This accutane journey is such a bumpy ride. There're lots of ups and downs but I can promise you in the end you'll say it was worth all the trouble. After some weeks I was depressed and disappointed cos I couldn't see any results and my skin got worse but then after the doc increased my dosage it got better and better! Now I can see great results and it's still getting better every day. To cut a long story short, the accutane will do its job. You've to be patient, only a couple of month till you'll have crystal clear skin!!

Hey and yes you're right only 8 days to go till the world-cup beginns! YEAH :D

Cheer up!

cj

Yeah, you`re right, accutane is a bumpy ride. Got to be patient and it`ll do its job! :D Yey!

Day 8

40 mg

Wohoo, already on my second week! :) And my IB is at its worst, I hope.. Yesterday I noticed I had got lots of cysts at the back of my neck! Never had any acne there before. And at the right side of my cheek I have got an explotion of whiteheads.. :doubt: At least now I know that this really is the IB and not normal acne, as I thought it could be. Hope it will get away soon. Nothing new really, except of that my headache has been gone for two days now! :D At the negative side, though, my skin and lips now are really dry! Never thought they could become this dry! Have to moisturize 3-4 times a day, and put on lip balm almost all the time! Got to go, see ya! ;)

Day 9 & 10

40 mg

Yay, almost two boards of Roaccutane finished! Nothing new though, except of that my cysts and whiteheads at my cheek really hurts.. And besides my skin at my cheek is VERY dry too, even though I moisturize. :doubt: At the moment I`ve only got actives beside and under my mouth. My IB is at its worst now, I hope. Though I haven`t got anything over my mouth, there`s BAD under and besides, much badder than before I started.. :| And, yes, my headaches are gone! :) Gotta read more to my exam.. :doubt: If someone has got any questions, I`ll check in again soon! =)

Day 11 & 12

40 mg

Almost two weeks. Really hope my IB will calm down soon. Felt so bad about myself this morning, that I skipped the first day at school in about two weeks. :( Have got a new cyst at my cheek too, which really hurts, like all the others.. Really depressing waking up with dry skin, dry lips and lots of red, hurting cysts in your face! Because of my acne, my absence from school has went from almost nothing to a huge number.. Now I'm in danger of not getting my note, though I sort of like school. Feels like everybody just stares at my face. :( Wonder if it`ll have any positive effect on my skin soon..? :pray:

Right now I feel very disappointed about the first two weeks of Roaccutane, though I knew they could be like this. Really hoped I could avoid the IB, it was bad enough as it was.. Guess I need some encourage soon, would have been a start if the IB could stop..

Got to read more for my exam, I guess.. Only 75 pages left, wohoo.. Not really. :(

Cheer up dude! The results will recompense you for all the trouble!

Geez, you've just remembered me that I've to learn for my exams too.

So good luck for both of us! Speaking for me I need it badly! :shock:

I hope you'll feel better soon! ;)

cj

Hey there, I got my IB around the same time you did, and my skin is virtually clear now. (about a week and a half later). HANG IN THERE! You're on your way to awesome skin!

cj83 Posted Today, 12:58 PM

Cheer up dude! The results will recompense you for all the trouble!

Geez, you've just remembered me that I've to learn for my exams too.

So good luck for both of us! Speaking for me I need it badly! shock.gif

I hope you'll feel better soon! wink.gif

cj

I believe the results will recompense for the trouble, but when will I see results? Guess I should be more patient..=p When I got Roaccutane I thought "yeah, now all my troubles will be gone", know what I mean? But I`ll probably have to wait a while to see the results. Just have to try to keep my mood up and be more patient! :doubt:

When do you have your exam CJ? Anyway, good luck to you too! I`m really tired of reading now, so guess I`ll go to the gym soon! Football and training is probably the only things that make my mood better, for a while though. Don`t know why it`s like that, maybe it`s that I don`t think of how I look while and after having trained. :think: Or maybe just that I simply LOVE training!=p

And, btw, seems like my headaches are completely gone! Haven`t had any in many days, feels great! :D I miss some progress on my skin, though, probably gotta wait a little more.. :whistle: