Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crzyakta

Icepicks, and punch excision

Ok, 90% of my scarring are icepicks, that range in size from small, to medium...I have been doin a ton of reading and have seen some pics (like Maria's) that make it REALLY favorable for my type of scarring...my question is, I live in NJ, any doctors around this area that do the procedure (and do it well ;) )...also what is the down time before you get the suture removed, thanks

PS Why havent more people tried this method versus all the others out there? I mean treating say 8-9 ice picks with punch excision can really help clear up a complexion -from scarring at least

It is very difficult to find a reputable derm/surgeon who actually does this.

Really? I am getting a little desperate on treating my ice picks...I did 1 TCA Cross (100% followed by neosporin for 2 days then supercop 2x for 2 days after that)...gonna do 2-3 more treatments (6 weeks apart each)...and if that doesnt show favorable results, I am gonna look into punch excisions, because ice picks are all I really have (though numerous)

anyone else what to chime in please?

crazyakta,

im pretty much in the same boat as you. ice picks are pretty much all thats left on my face, ill still get red and get a few pimples every now and then, but the only major problem i have now is the ice picks, which in my opinion is just as bad as acne. i havent tried anything to treat the scars yet, but I'm planning on seeing a derm about it soon.

how are the TCA peels doing so far? keep us update :)

i think seeing a plastic surgeon might be a better option...just 1 TCA as of right now, and i havent noticed anything big from it yet, but its only been 2 weeks

I've posted many times about my experience on other threads.

I had 3, 2 turned out badly, 1 looks like Maria's. If you go this route make sure you have a really good surgeon, probably PS, not Derm, because they know how to do stitches under surface of skin, so that skin does not separate, under tension, to create large scar. For me this was the worst thing I have done to my skin. I just got a bad doc, so be careful.

If you can find and expert in dermal grafts or punch floats, there is the potential to have a 90 to 95% improvement vs the say 75% that Maria had. Very hard to find these guys and many of my punch floats worked poorly.