Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have any of you physically abused yourself because of acne and the frustration and depression that normally comes with it?

..if you know what i mean.

I did. I scrubbed my skin until it bled and formed scabs a few years back because I hated the acne so much. Thank God I don't have any scarring. What made me stop wasn't acceptance, it was realizing that what I was doing was scary.

only time i ever really hurt myself was when i got this big cyst next to my nose back when i was about 14 and when i woke up before school and saw it in the mirror i got REALLY angry, then i just dug my nails in and scratched it off, it hurt like hell and i had a big mark left over. i just told my friends when they asked i fell over and banged my face on the edge of the table, it healed up about 2/3 weeks later and i had no scar left luckily.

Im not emo so no.

lol, emos crack me up :lol: wot do u define as emo?someone who listens to angst ridden music, whilst taking pics of their 'side fringe with one eye facial expression' to put on myspace?

Emos are sad teenagers who put on mascara, paint their nails black, are always depressed *Always* . Take pictures of themselves frowning on myspace, people who mope and listen to depressing music. They wear their sisters jeans, dress in tight leather, dress in all black, cry, cut themselves, threaten to cut themselves, write suicide notes. ect..

Nup, but I torment myself mentally day in day out. :cool:

aw, beejay, you dont really do u?everyone has their demons i guess :doubt: sometimes hardcore mental torture is more damaging than physical abuse.

I'd never hurt myself physically, but I used to blame myself for stuff that happened to me, think that i wasnt allowed to be happy because of some childhood shit that happened. I know thats not true now, i know it made me who i am today,stronger, so i can deal with anything that happens.

aw, beejay, you dont really do u?everyone has their demons i guess :doubt: sometimes hardcore mental torture is more damaging than physical abuse.

I'd never hurt myself physically, but I used to blame myself for stuff that happened to me, think that i wasnt allowed to be happy because of some childhood shit that happened. I know thats not true now, i know it made me who i am today,stronger, so i can deal with anything that happens.

Nahh I was joking.. But I have been told by a few people that I make life hard for myself! I don't even know how I do it.. I just do. :confused: Maybe the joke isn't all that far from the truth..

Ohh and I totally agree about mental torture being worse than physical abuse. Physical abuse hurts for a little while, mental abuse can hurt you for years.

Nahh I was joking.. But I have been told by a few people that I make life hard for myself! I don't even know how I do it.. I just do. :confused: Maybe the joke isn't all that far from the truth..

Ohh and I totally agree about mental torture being worse than physical abuse. Physical abuse hurts for a little while, mental abuse can hurt you for years.

true dat. It's really important to be your 'own' friend, cause if ur criticising urself then how can other people be your friend. I'm lucky, i hav cool supportive friends to share problems with. Aswell as all the cool peeps on the org!! ;)

Guest ihatespots

true dude.recently ive felt that my mates are all sorta gettin pissed off with me and my negativity.i hate it,theyve been supportive but are tiring off having to calm me all the time and want the real me back again.but im getting there.it wont be long now :pray:

true dat. It's really important to be your 'own' friend, cause if ur criticising urself then how can other people be your friend. I'm lucky, i hav cool supportive friends to share problems with. Aswell as all the cool peeps on the org!! ;)

You are lucky. :D

Anywho I don't really have much inner strength. I'm probably my own worst enemy, or at least my subconscious is. Stupid anxiety and fear, no fun at all! :doubt:

You are lucky. :D

Anywho I don't really have much inner strength. I'm probably my own worst enemy, or at least my subconscious is. Stupid anxiety and fear, no fun at all! :doubt:

aww, beejay, indeed tis no fun at all, remember the org is here to give u inner strength any time u need it!! :D

Have any of you physically abused yourself because of acne and the frustration and depression that normally comes with it?

..if you know what i mean.

OMG, is your avatar a pic of you cutting yourself???

Sorry I haven't, no.

I did when I was a young teenager. I was tormented by these boys quite a bit so I let it out by cutting myself. You know when people torment you in a sexual or hurtful way? I stopped when I was 16 I think since I didn't see them anymore.

Now when people get to you, you cut them.

Right?

I did when I was a young teenager. I was tormented by these boys quite a bit so I let it out by cutting myself. You know when people torment you in a sexual or hurtful way? I stopped when I was 16 I think since I didn't see them anymore.

Now when people get to you, you cut them.

Right?

a healthier way to deal with it.

BWHAHAHAHA!

That's funny. :)

I, too, am a recovering cutter. Was never acne that drove me to it, but I understand the urge. It's been over 4 years since the last time I intentionally hurt myself.

i do but its in a weird way. when i am very upset about my acne due to my anxiety disorer even a couple of pimples (like 2-5) actually can cause me to starve myself even tho i know there isn't for me a correlation with food. i think its the illusion of control over something i feel so helpless over.

yes i am getting help for my BDD/OCD but its a long road. and i do not look forward to my breakouts when they happen usually a week after my period as i deny myself things that make me happy like a cup of coffee even tho that won't hurt me. its almost like self punishement

have i cut myself over acne? no. but the starving thing is a big problem. luckily i take adderall and clonazepam now and my mood is better at handling things..still i canno't live alone or i will get so overwhelmed i stop eating.

also i take far more ibuprofin than necessary...like everyday. for the psychological beleief it helps bring down the swelling of any potential pimples.

i think again its an illusion of control

i have ADD with comorbid anxiety/OCD/BDD/Hypermania. its fucked up but i'm working on it and getting my life together after 26 years of nobody knowing what the hell was wrong and a million wrong diagnoses.