Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tanya826

Accutane - my new best friend

DAY 68

Well, not too much to report - just a couple newbies that are already on their way outa here. I also have this really dry patch on my chin, not too sure what that's about. Generally speaking, just feeling kinda blah today. Don't think I've gotten enough sleep these last few nights and lack of sleep really hits me hard now. Maybe it's pms too, plus I dread the week off BCP - I have a headache for pretty the entire week, progressively getting worse each day. Tonnes of fun! :rolleyes:

As promised, here's a few pics. I'm not going to bore you with a bunch of holiday pics since this isn't "how I spent my summer holidays.org" but I did include one of the campsite we stayed at in Olympic National Park. There's some oh-so-lovely close-ups of my face (have powder and a bit of concealer on) and, of course I had to include some pics of Charlie - isn't she adorable?

Take care everyone!

T

[attachmentid=5436] [attachmentid=5438] [attachmentid=5441]

Okay, round 2 of the pics. I couldn't fit them all in with the last post and do you think I know how to make the pic smaller? I'm pretty inept at this stuff. I was hoping to add a couple more pics but apparently I've run out of space. How do you reduce the size?

[attachmentid=5443]

post-40878-1154560525_thumb.jpg

post-40878-1154561600_thumb.jpg

post-40878-1154560525_thumb.jpg

post-40878-1154561600_thumb.jpg

wow. your skin looks awesome! flawless actually. you should be so happy with your progess!

and charlie is adorable. i loooooove kitties :D

Hi Tanya

You look fabulous, your skin looks perfect and your hair doesn't even look dry. Congrats on your success on accutane and I hope it continues for you!

Jenna

Tanya!

I'm psyched you posted some pics - your skin looks fabulous!!!! And your cat is SO cute! Charlie - what an adorable name!

I'm randomly getting dry patches on my face too - and ALSO (you wrote this in my log) but I have the same rash you do - its under my forearms, so not that noticeable and it's just there...not itchy not hurting etc. Weird!

Ughh :rolleyes: and I feel you on the tiredness. If I dont get enough sleep one night it throws me off. I can't function!

Hope you have a great night!

Kristen

Tanya,

Thanks for stopping by my log.

Your skin looks great. I don't know what it looked like before, but it looks flawless and has a glow to it. :D

You must be happy with the results.

Tired

DAY 70

"Look ma...no make-up"

That's right folks, I'm posting my first ever 'no-makeup' picture (along with a make-up pic) - it's a big day! :rolleyes: (These pics are a little more clear than the other one I posted)

So, I've been doing some reflecting over the last couple days and realized how easy it is to forget what my skin looked like just 2 short months ago. Here I am, annoyed that I have some red marks on my back when, 2 months ago, my back was a complete mess. Thinking about this past year and how much my crappy skin was affecting my life has made me so incredibly thankful that I went on accutane - regardless of the plans I had to put on hold.

Even though I'm grateful for being on 'tane, I still get to whine about the side effects.:) Eyes were really sore this morning and now constantly feel like they're watering (they're not actually, just feel that way). I really need to find the drops that Jenna recommended. Also dealing with the usual sensitive skin. I had a jean skirt on today and when I walked, it rubbed against the back of my knees so now they're kinda raw and sore. Injured by my clothes - gotta love that 'tane! :rolleyes:

Thanks girls for all your sweet comments - it really means a lot to me. :wub: Skin's not perfect yet but it's getting there. Well no, forget that - I'm getting too old to have perfect skin! But hopefully I'll age like my 90 year old grandpa who doesn't have a wrinkle on his face (crossing my fingers). Have a great weekend, everyone!

[attachmentid=5464] [attachmentid=5463]

post-40878-1154735979_thumb.jpg

post-40878-1154736125_thumb.jpg

post-40878-1154735979_thumb.jpg

post-40878-1154736125_thumb.jpg

DAY 73

Thanks Mindy and Redsox! I've been pretty happy with the improvement I've seen lately - although I still have that bump on my cheek that appeared almost 3 weeks ago (it's a persistant sucker!). You can't really see it but I can still feel it - I'm starting to wonder if it'll ever go away?

So a big achievement this past week - some of hubby's family dropped by (LOVE when they do that) and I had absolutely no make-up on but didn't feel the need to sprint to the bathroom to 'fix' my face. It's nice not feeling like a slave to make-up anymore.

Not much to update (guess that's a good thing). I bought some new eye drops for night time which I think is working better than the GenTeal. It's kind of a hassle to put in though 'cause it's an ointment but I guess I'll have a couple months to get used to it :rolleyes:

I'm loving my Monday off - do you guys in the US get a holiday or is just a Canadian thing? Supposed to be hot today so I think hubby and I are off to the beach (there's a lake, well more like a big pond, 1/2 hour from the city). Take care all! :)

hooray for accutane!! i am so happy for you! and for our skin being "connected" :D

hopefully this is it for us - no more breakouts! (knock on wood)

TANYA

You look so FABULOUS in those pictures!!! Your skin looks gorgeous! I am SUPER jealous! And I'm psyched that you felt okay to take no-makeup pictures...they look really amazing. :D

You're making so much progress...I'm so excited for you!

Things like not running to the bathroom to put makeup on when visitors come - those are small little steps to take and I think you're heading in the right direction!

Glad to see things are going so well! Enjoy your day off (we don't get it off in the states!)

Kristen

Hi Tanya,

I've been reading your log, but its been forever since I last posted.

Your vacation sounded a lot like mine - very fast paced. We stayed in so many different hotels and covered many miles! My next trip is going to be tropical and lazy...

That is great that you are happy with your skin right now. And you even posted a picture with no makeup! Your skin is really looking good. Even though I'm mostly clear, I still feel pretty tied to my makeup because of my redmarks. Boo.

Hope you had fun at the beach today.

Roxy

DAY 76

So, it's been about 2.5 months since I started accutane and I'd have to say that it's well on its way to being my new best friend! :D Don't have any newbies, just that stubborn bump on my cheek but even that seems to be going away.

I'm starting to wonder if 'tane affects your sleep - I've been sleeping so badly the last 3 nights (anyone else having sleep problems?). Or it could be 'cause it's so incredibly hot out or because the fair is here and I could hear a cheesy, used-to-be-cool '80's rock band playing until midnight last night (I live pretty close to the fair grounds). Whatever the reason, the lack of sleep is hitting me hard. On top of that, I've had a headache for the last 2 days - thanks BCP! :rolleyes: Have I mentioned lately how much I hate being back on the pill?! I'm tired of the headaches it causes and I'm tired of being worried what's going to happen when I go off it again. I don't know what to do but I really want off it - maybe I should look into getting an IUD... And just to top off my shitty, shitty day, my left eye got really red this afternoon. I'm thinking I should go see the optomistrist - maybe she could recommend some really good drops to use.

Well, I think that's enough whining for one day and, on the bright side, tomorrow's Friday! :) Take care, everyone!

Hey Roxy! Thanks for stopping by - I've missed your posts! I'm totally with you on having to cover the red marks. Luckily they seem to be getting better. But even when I have totally clear skin, I'll still be tied to my make-up - I'd feel naked without it. At least make-up can be fun again and not this huge chore.

Kristen, thanks so much for the compliments! Reading your posts always cheers me up :wub:

Jenny - hey 'cyber skin-sister"! No newbies for me...I assume you'll report the same? (lol)

Tanya-

It's so great to hear how happy you are 2.5 months in!! I'm so excited for you! And I am RIGHT there with you on the sleep thing! The past 3 nights have been awful trying to get to sleep! It has been hot but not too hot here. I don't know whats going on?! I go through these weird sleep patterns every once a while since I've been on tane - so maybe it does affect sleep!? :think:

I hope you have great results for the rest of your journey :)

Wow I'm only about 2 weeks behind you and my skin doesn't look 1/3 as clear! This is really working great for you. Did it help when you went from 60 to 80mg?

Wow I'm only about 2 weeks behind you and my skin doesn't look 1/3 as clear! This is really working great for you. Did it help when you went from 60 to 80mg?

Hey Heather! I'm not sure if upping to 80mg helped or not...hard to say. The first week on 80, I got a few newbies but nothing really since then so maybe it has helped. I sometimes wonder how much being back on the pill has helped but it's only been 3 months so I kinda doubt that it would work this quickly (if at all). I need to have some faith that my skin is clear because of 'tane...I'm way to good at being skeptical. :rolleyes: And don't worry, soon enough you're going to have perfect skin!

Kristen - yeah, the not sleeping well is no fun at all. Hope you get to have a lazy sleep-in-late weekend!

Tanya

Tanya,

We are in the same boat with the "hormonal acne" so I'm afraid of going off the pill too. I also have worries about having skin problems during/after pregnancy. This hormonal adult acne is such a mystery to me...

Enjoy your weekend!

Guest desperate in T.O

you really do look great! i'm still waiting for my appointment to set up the bloodwork! i'm so anxious to get started. but my mom is being really supportive. even if her drug plan doesn't cover it she says we're going to do it and she will pay for it. my dad is being great too but in a different way. he just simply said that he's never noticed a problem and that i've always looked great to him. which is good i suppose. good luck keep us posted!

DAY 81

Okay, super quick update before I head off to work. Skin is good, good, good! Still no newbies and the bump on my cheek is definitely going down. My arm, however is a mess. Kitty got stuck in our tree 3 times this weekend and my rescue efforts led to a tonne of scratches on my arm (poor sensitive skin). And to top it off, I got caught in hail storm on Sunday when I went to watch football with hubby. It was a fun weekend, let me tell you! :rolleyes:

Side effects: sore back, eyes not too bad but a little red, and the usual dry lips. Oh, and no more nosebleeds since I started using vaseline before bed.

Thanks for stopping by girls - your support and encouragement means so much to me! :wub:

T.O. Good luck with everything - hopefully you'll be joining the 'tane journey soon. And that's great that your parents are so supportive. I think having a good support system is key to getting through this.

Take care everyone! :)

T

Hi Tanya,

Just stopping by. I see you are doing well!

Did you figure out anything for eye redness with contact lenses (other than wearing glasses bc I don't have any up to date lenses for mine). I only have to use one contact lens in one eye and I feel like scratching it out today! Visine can only be used if you don't have contact lenses, right?

K

Hey Kirsten! Well, I haven't really found a great solution for my eyes yet (still meaning to go to the optometrist). Contacts can be a real PITA, can't they? This is my eyecare regimen: gel drops at night to keep eyes from drying out, visine in the morning to get rid of any redness, put contacts in about half hour after visine, and occasionally use refresh drops during day to keep eyes moist (safe to use with contacts).

You're right though, once you have the contacts in, there's nothing you can use to get rid of redness (I actually take my glasses to work everyday in case eyes get really bad and I have to take out my contacts). Oh, the joys of accutane...

T

Thanks! I will look for some gel drops at the pharmacy for nighttime. I noticed that when I wake up in the morning, my eyes are very dry! I'm probably going to start to have to take out my contact at night so I can put the gel drops in, though, yeah PITA for sure!