Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How much is to much vitamin A i get like 100% of it every day is that much ive been gertting around that much every day and nothings happen but i just want to know if that wiuld be to much and this is in foods im eating.

How much is to much vitamin A i get like 100% of it every day is that much ive been gertting around that much every day and nothings happen but i just want to know if that wiuld be to much and this is in foods im eating.

Even if its in food your are eating, or supplements for that matter, it will not be as much as you think, much of it (the vit a) is lost during the digestion of food, so however much vit a food rich you eat is not going to make a whole bunch of difference in relation to how much actual vit a you get. Something along those lines anyway. I remember asking my derm before going on Accutane why I couldnt just eat lots of vit a rich food or take supplements and he told me that you would never get enough this way to gain any effect in fighting skin problems, namely acne. Im sure you will get healthier in some respects but it wont help your acne.

all i know is ur nott suppose to have any more than 10,000IU .. women its 4,000IU and men its 5,000IU but 10 is the limit

I've been taking 10,000IU of Vitamin A everyday for the past 3-4 months and it hasn't done anything to improve my face, just a heads up.

Even if its in food your are eating, or supplements for that matter, it will not be as much as you think, much of it (the vit a) is lost during the digestion of food, so however much vit a food rich you eat is not going to make a whole bunch of difference in relation to how much actual vit a you get. Something along those lines anyway. I remember asking my derm before going on Accutane why I couldnt just eat lots of vit a rich food or take supplements and he told me that you would never get enough this way to gain any effect in fighting skin problems, namely acne. Im sure you will get healthier in some respects but it wont help your acne.

oh ok thanks my acne is not that bad its just enough to notice so how is accutane doing for u.

oh ok thanks my acne is not that bad its just enough to notice so how is accutane doing for u.

Tane is doing ok for me. Its been slow for me, I am in week 10 right now and some areas are clearing up nicely. I have cystic acne so I am still getting some spots though generally no big cysts anymore, but still some nodules. Dry skin/lips/ scalp is the only side effects. So tane seems to finely kicking in but its been a long coupe of months and i feel there is still some way to go still...onwards and upwards