Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wantingtobeclear

Blackhead advice needed

Hey,

the advice is needed for my younger brother, He's 14. Within the past year he started to get alot of blackheads on his cheeks, nose and forehead. He also gets the occassional small pimple. I was wondering what would be the best thing for him to do. I read on here exfoliation and salicylic acid. Does anyone have any product recommendations? Should he use a particular mask, cleanser, toner, or cream? any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi, I used to have an absolute ton of blackheads.. I had tried every product on the market I swear... salicylic acid didnt really seem to do much for them and neither did anything else. For the past month or so I have been doing an aspirin mask aprox twice a week. Aspirin conatins a form of salicylic acid, I'm not that knowledgable on the topic.... What I do is take 4-5 generic brand aspirin and add them to a small container with a drop or two of water, the water instantly dissolves the pill into a paste like substance. I add some cetaphil cleanser (the liquid kind) just to make it stick on my face and I leave it on for about 15 minutes.

I have basically no blackheads anymore and the mask also really helps to fade red marks left from prior acne... you might want to encourage him to give this a try. I find it nice because it isn't a topical cream I am forced to remember to apply on a daily basis etc. I also exfoliate gently on a daily basis at night time with a complexion brush.. this helps too... good luck.

I also wanted to add... encourage him to use a moisturizer with AHA or BHA. I am currently using Neutrogena's multi-vitamin spf 15 with AHA and loving it... it does help.. its a mild chemical exfoliant.

thanks for the fast reply. I'll tell him the advice. Did you have an initial breakout when you started the asprin mask? also, what is the best cleanser he could use?

im jus wondering but...id be a little worried to do that....thinking the chemicals of the asperin are seeping into my skin and absorbing into my blood stream or soemthing...cause 5 aspirin at once is a high dose lol

thanks for the fast reply. I'll tell him the advice. Did you have an initial breakout when you started the asprin mask? also, what is the best cleanser he could use?

No problem.. no initial breakout here... it's just a really relaxing soothing feeling mask. I really do love it.. I know some people might have concerns with putting aspirin on their face but from what I understand it really isn't absorbed the same as it would be if you were to take the drug orally. Like I said earlier, I'm not really that knowledgeable with it but if you'd like to read some reviews or do a bit of your own research you could do that as well.

Check out the site at : www.makeupalley.com and go to product reviews and do a search for aspirin masks, you'll be able to find lots of info there.

In my opinion, and what has always worked the most effectively for me cleanser wise is just plain old dove bar soap. I absolutely love it! It doesnt clog my pores at all and keeps my complexion basically acne free. I also love cetaphil gentle bar soap as well.

No problem.. no initial breakout here... it's just a really relaxing soothing feeling mask. I really do love it.. I know some people might have concerns with putting aspirin on their face but from what I understand it really isn't absorbed the same as it would be if you were to take the drug orally. Like I said earlier, I'm not really that knowledgeable with it but if you'd like to read some reviews or do a bit of your own research you could do that as well.

Check out the site at : www.makeupalley.com and go to product reviews and do a search for aspirin masks, you'll be able to find lots of info there.

In my opinion, and what has always worked the most effectively for me cleanser wise is just plain old dove bar soap. I absolutely love it! It doesnt clog my pores at all and keeps my complexion basically acne free. I also love cetaphil gentle bar soap as well.

Are you supposed to put the aspirin mask on your whole face or just the area with blackheads? I only have them on my nose.

Yeah, I don't understand the correlation either... but seriously salicyclic acid never worked for me in the past... I'm 22 now.. mind you I havent actually tried it for years. The aspirin really seems to help me..

I put the aspirin mask on my whole face.. I like the way it feels and like I said earlier I believe it helps a little with existing red marks as well.... I'm interested in if you guys try this and how it works out for you, keep me updated!

Good luck!