Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First off, I just wanted to say how awesome this site is! I stumbled upon it while on Google and now I think I may be obsessed, what a great idea.

Soo, I looked at lots of the other pages because I felt bad starting a post just about me, but my prom is in two days and i really need some advice. I have what you'd call moderate acne I guess. I have lots of inflamed red marks but I get the occasional white head and very rarely get cysts. I take erythromycin (sorry if i spelled that wrong) pills and just have been presrcriped retin-a but I'm not going to start using it until next week because the side effects scare me heh. I also have really dry skin, I currently use Olay moisturizer for sensitive skin which has helped with some of the flake-nes of my skin, but some makeups make it worse.

I've been using Maybelline Pure Makeup foundation and Rimmel concealer. I've used that concealer for awhile because its worked great on undereye bags, but its not all that amazing for covering up acne. The foundation is junk. If anyone can reccomend any good, and hopefully cheaper, brands I'd really apreciate it. Stuff I could find at my local drug store or wal mart is best because I really dont have the time or money for anything else. Any tips for applying them would be helpful, since I'm not really a makeup whiz. :-)

Also, my prom dress is strapless which is fine because I thankfully dont get that bad of bacne, but I've recently gotten some breakouts near the top of my arms and if anyone can give some tips on covering those up too would be so awesome.

Thanks a million!

First off, I just wanted to say how awesome this site is! I stumbled upon it while on Google and now I think I may be obsessed, what a great idea.

Soo, I looked at lots of the other pages because I felt bad starting a post just about me, but my prom is in two days and i really need some advice. I have what you'd call moderate acne I guess. I have lots of inflamed red marks but I get the occasional white head and very rarely get cysts. I take erythromycin (sorry if i spelled that wrong) pills and just have been presrcriped retin-a but I'm not going to start using it until next week because the side effects scare me heh. I also have really dry skin, I currently use Olay moisturizer for sensitive skin which has helped with some of the flake-nes of my skin, but some makeups make it worse.

I've been using Maybelline Pure Makeup foundation and Rimmel concealer. I've used that concealer for awhile because its worked great on undereye bags, but its not all that amazing for covering up acne. The foundation is junk. If anyone can reccomend any good, and hopefully cheaper, brands I'd really apreciate it. Stuff I could find at my local drug store or wal mart is best because I really dont have the time or money for anything else. Any tips for applying them would be helpful, since I'm not really a makeup whiz. :-)

Also, my prom dress is strapless which is fine because I thankfully dont get that bad of bacne, but I've recently gotten some breakouts near the top of my arms and if anyone can give some tips on covering those up too would be so awesome.

Thanks a million!

Hey its not cheap but when i had acne and really dry skin (from accutane) the only foundation that made my skin look good was Dior airflash fondation as you can spray it on and avoid disturbing your skin too much as you do when you use a liquid foundation and then I set it with jus a cheap powder.