Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katz

Do you ever pop a cyst?

I am on the regimen and I just recently got two cysts. Not sure what may have caused them, but they're there and I'd like to deal with them. They both have heads now and I can see a bit of white. Should I now attempt to pop them or just leave them completely alone? I'm going to ice them and leave some BP on them before I go to sleep tonight.

Do not...I repeat...do not pop your cysts :hand: It will "pop" by it self. Trust me I used to get those suckers all the time before I got on BC and clindamycin. You can't force it out...it leaks on its own usually when you are in the shower washing your face.

Do not...I repeat...do not pop your cysts :hand: It will "pop" by it self. Trust me I used to get those suckers all the time before I got on BC and clindamycin. You can't force it out...it leaks on its own usually when you are in the shower washing your face.

yea i hate that, once it starts leaking but il squeeze the rest of the gunk out.

cysts dont have heads, there deep red bumps over 5 mm across. you sound like you have large nodules. you know a cyst when you have one. Dont worry about cystic acne.

Guest tired of this shish

Yeah, that's not a cyst, but it can still SCAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

definately don't try to pop them. let it pop on it's own. if it leaks on it's own, just squeeze the rest out and do the regimen as usual. maybe put some extra bp to help dry those babies out. well that's what i do.

i dunno if i had cyst or not but i was doing the regimen on my chin for like 1 week and noticed 3 small what look liked clogged pores in a diagonal line i left em then i disturb em trying to get the crap out and bam it became huge it never had a head onit tho just red large bump and it also leaked out when i was in the shower so i squeezed it and got more of the gunk out then did the same the next its been a week and it is not a bump no more just a red mark which will fade in due time

if it was a cyst its the first ever ive had probably it was the initial breakout period of the BP Gel tho