Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ts321

TCA peel didn't peel!

Hi again, I had a 35% tca peel on April 12. As of today, May 6, I still haven't peeled. The redness has gone down quite a bit, but it's still noticeable. When I went to my doctor's appointment on Wednesday, the doctor told me that he had never had a case before where a person didn't peel from a 35% tca peel. He also told me that my skin was much redder than it should be at this point following a peel (he called it "hyperemia"). The doctor showed me my pre-tca pictures and my cheeks looked rosy in those pictures, but they're definately redder now. I suggested that I might have rosacea and he said I didn't because I didn't have any on my nose, but I'm still skeptical. Could I have rosacea that was made worse by the tca peel? Also, what reason(s) would there be for me not peeling at all from the procedure? Needless to say, I'm really confused right now and I'm anxious for some answers to my problems. Thanks for your help!

That's the oddest thing I've ever heard. You should have peeled like a snake shedding it's skin.

I have no idea as to whether or not a tca peel could would or could aggravate rosacea.

Sorry I don't have any answers.