Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cpfitt

Look at me ? what can I do according to you ?

Hi fellows of unluck,

Sorry for poor english.

I fought with my skin for 16 years. And I am 29.

I talk with you because doctors of my country are systematically failing to treat me satisfactorily and I think they won't lead me to any result. I hope someone of you could maybe give me some useful suggestion.

My sympoms are: abnormal sebum excretion (believe me:a guinnes record one), wide follicular openings filled with dark keratinic deposit, itchy burning skin on the face, papular elastorrhesis and tendency to hypertrichosys.

If I lean my face on the mirror I leave a greasy opaque layer that looks like a butter print. Even my sweat drops look a bit milkish in colour. It is terrible. And it is worse year by year and nothing seems to stop it.

While I am writing to you I am under chronic dosage with Isotretinoin 10 mg per day, since some 5 years by now but the problem is far form being under control. Occasionally dosage was raised for a limited time,but the skin doesn't seem to react.

during these long years of hell I have tried everything. In sequence:

azelaic acid, topical erythromycin-retinol-benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, oral antibiotics, vitamins.

Situation was unbearable that I was given for one year and a half spironolactone, even though I am a male.

It dind't do anything. And Isotretinoin of course, the last shore, the gunfire....nothing.

Don't think I was inaccurate. I had long therapies with everything, full of hope. But my hope was an high systematically frustrated. My skin can look affected by an easy to treat problem...many doctors think this as they see me.

It is not. I have a tremendous need for your opinion.

Androgen hormons are Ok, ACTH,LH FSH TSH.... thinks are also OK. I just have a slightly to high IGF-1 compared to my age. I was given chromium supplements for this. I don't think I need to tell you the results.

This disease is going to kill me. Inside it already killed me many times and keeps on killing me.

Please, look at my pictures. If the disease pattern looks familiar give me your suggestions. Keep in mind that the pictures dont' fully catch the severuty of the problem.Thank you very much

Cp

post-40620-1146923850_thumb.jpg

post-40620-1146924095_thumb.jpg

post-40620-1146924928_thumb.jpg

post-40620-1146923850_thumb.jpg

post-40620-1146924095_thumb.jpg

post-40620-1146924928_thumb.jpg

Only 10mg of Accutane? I would have a word with your doctor about increasing the dose to around 40 or 50 mg a day, this may cause an initial breakout but will work faster and probably better.

First of all, thank you for your help.

I was prescribed and tried many regimens.

Currently for washing of the face I am using Dermoxyl solution by sinclair, whose main ingredients are urea peroxyde (3 g/100 demineralized water) and citric acid. It is a very gentle cleanser with a slightly acid pH (I think around 5.5 or just a bit less).I was prescribed with it 4 months ago. I have used many kind of mosturizers but they all cause my skin to sting so after years of insisting, I don't use them any more. Only in winter to prevent excessive drying and consequent sebum rebound I put a thermal water cream, Hydraphase by La Roche-Posay.

In my life I have used many kinds of cleansers depending on the philosophy of dermatologist in turn:

agressive sulfur ones, and commercial anti-acne soaps, on one side, very mild solutions on the other.All things considered I must say that in spite of its general importance my skin proved to be quite undifferent to this variable.

bye

;)

Here is a resource that might help you:

SkinCare Board

I think that alpha hydroxy acids might do the trick for you, but I am not as knowledgeable as many people on that board. Try posting there. Ask about mandelic acid.

If you're pleased about the cleanser, keep it. I doubt that the citric acid and urea peroxyde will do anything if you just rinse it off immediatly.

I don't like Hydraphase. I noticed it contains alcohol denat. which dries the skin and reduces oil temporary, but causes it to be even oillier afterwards. I also noticed isoparaffin in there, a mineral oil. You shouldn't put more oil on your skin, when it's already oily. I also don't like the cyclohexasiloxane in it, but that's only based on my own problems with it. I believe it clogs pores and it may give my normal skin a nice silky shin, it makes my oilier zones look terrible.

Howdy! hypertrichosys? You mean "hypertrichosis".

"Even my sweat drops look a bit milkish in colour. It is terrible."

Aww common. Just look on the bright side! If you ever run out of milk on a sunday, you know where to turn.

"the last shore, the gunfire....nothing."

Don't worry, you're just on a low dosage. How much to you weight? If you're average, then you should be on at least 70mg. I was on 90mg. Pleanty of people have had 120mg. If your dermatologist won't let you go higher, then change. Because 10mg is a joke, it'll do very little. Crank it up to at least 90mg, leave it for 6 months, and you should be fully clear.

"This disease is going to kill me."

It can't physically. But sure, it's pushed many over to suicide. But don't crawl off and die on us, give the roaccutane time to work AT REAL DOSAGES!

It seems you've 'been everywhere and done anything'. If I were you, I wouldn't bother trying any more regimens, natural products or anything else really. Because if you're as bad as it sounds, I hate to say it, but no regimen/natural products/vitamins/or any other OTC product, will cure or help you.

Just jack up the roaccutane dosage to about 90mg and you'll be fine. Give it 6 weeks to work. Stay on it minimum 6 months, and you should be clear. Serious.

Here is a resource that might help you:

SkinCare Board

I think that alpha hydroxy acids might do the trick for you, but I am not as knowledgeable as many people on that board. Try posting there. Ask about mandelic acid.

Hi LionQuenn,

I was already on glicolic acid, that is a alpha hydroxy acid and it didn't work. I also had glycolic acid peelings and they didn't work. The problem is much harder than it can seem.

I don't feel mandelic could be the solution.

Thank you in any case

Cpfitt

I was already on glicolic acid, that is a alpha hydroxy acid and it didn't work. I also had glycolic acid peelings and they didn't work. The problem is much harder than it can seem.

I don't feel mandelic could be the solution.

Thank you in any case

Cpfitt

Of course, you know your own skin best.

I will just add this: mandelic acid is quite different from glycolic acid. It is far less irritating, so it is possible to use it in higher concentrations (up to 15%) as a leave-on product. It has some BHA properties: it penetrates very deeply into the pores and exfoliates them. And it is antibacterial AND anti-inflammatory.

Mandelic acid is different from anything else out there ... and it is not mass-marketed ... so for people who feel that they've tried "everything", mandelic can be a good option. The Vivant mandelic serum is particularly effective.

whoa hold up

Have you seriously tried diet, because im telling you that everyones skin becomes oily with all them products bombarding their skin.

Its no miracle cure and it takes months, but you do see lasting results with a diet change and should be considered if ure talking like this is going to kill you

Howdy! hypertrichosys? You mean "hypertrichosis".

"Even my sweat drops look a bit milkish in colour. It is terrible."

Aww common. Just look on the bright side! If you ever run out of milk on a sunday, you know where to turn.

"the last shore, the gunfire....nothing."

Don't worry, you're just on a low dosage. How much to you weight? If you're average, then you should be on at least 70mg. I was on 90mg. Pleanty of people have had 120mg. If your dermatologist won't let you go higher, then change. Because 10mg is a joke, it'll do very little. Crank it up to at least 90mg, leave it for 6 months, and you should be fully clear.

"This disease is going to kill me."

It can't physically. But sure, it's pushed many over to suicide. But don't crawl off and die on us, give the roaccutane time to work AT REAL DOSAGES!

It seems you've 'been everywhere and done anything'. If I were you, I wouldn't bother trying any more regimens, natural products or anything else really. Because if you're as bad as it sounds, I hate to say it, but no regimen/natural products/vitamins/or any other OTC product, will cure or help you.

Just jack up the roaccutane dosage to about 90mg and you'll be fine. Give it 6 weeks to work. Stay on it minimum 6 months, and you should be clear. Serious.

Hi Jackson,

I agree with the conclusion. My weight is 60 kg.The reason for I have been given a low dosage (10 mg) of roaccutan, is probably that doctors here (Italy) are very cautious to prescribe roaccutan.It is given for nodulocystic acnes and for some kind of cancers. There are rumors that it causes depression and suicidal thought, but I feel very skeptical about it because I rather think that the underlying acne is the most likely source of depression of patients taking roaccutan.I also read that slow responders are given low odsage indefinitely and that slow responders are often persons with big comedones.

I think that my comedones are quite large.

What do you think about IGF-1 ? As it was checked more or less 1 year ago I had 421 ng/ml.At my age I shoud be 130-375, and there are some articles in the web claiming that western ranges for this hormon are to high and linking this to acne and other proliferative disporders.

There are also old articles connecting sebum production with MSH and yet I couldn't find any place here where to get a check of this hormon.

cpfitt,

It sounds like you've tried everything in the western books to rid your acne suffering. Have you tried looking into mixing herbs yet? How much water do you drink each day? What kind of diet are you on?

I had been fighting acne for a long time before i came to my cure. My advice is to look towards quantum mechanics and the idea that we all create our own reality.

Drop all of your current prescriptions and supplement products and take your routine to the basic level.

Cleanse

Toner

Mouisturise

Start drinking three bottles of water a day, but do not just drink them. First feed them your positive thoughts and believe that the water you're about to drink will cure your skin disorders. To the uneducated mind this may all sound a bit radical. However physics and quantum mechnanics does show that we can change reality with our thoughts. We can change the structure of water molecules and atoms with our thoughts. We can change ourselves.

Give it a try.

Ok, so you have been on 10 mgs of Accutane per day for approximately 5 years? I just want to be sure I am reading that correctly. I have been on 80 mgs per day for 3 months now, and I have 2 months to go, but from my experience it is very effective in higher doses, since it purges your skin very early in the treatment. I mean, the first week or 2 that I was taking it I became very oily, but once all of that oil was forced out and my body wasnt producing any more, I became very dry. I have also heard that following a 5 or 6 month course of Accutane at high dose (anywhere from 60 mgs to 100 mgs per day), a low-dose, "maintenance" treatment is very effective to keep sebum production from coming back with a vengeance. But, I do agree also with the above statement: cleanser (I would use a gentle cleanser so as not to strip your skin of its natural oil, even if you have more than enough, because that will only result in more oil production), toner/astringent (I find Witch Hazel with a little tea tree oil works very well to keep oil at bay), and moisturize (obviously an oil-free moisturizer, that way your skin doesnt feel the need to over-produce sebum to keep it hydrated). And, yes, drinking lots of water (and avoiding soda and other sugary beverages) is very beneficial. A little excercise and sweat never hurt either, since sweating opens up your pores and flushes them out. Just make sure to wash after you've worked up a good sweat. ;)

Try the Vitamin b5 cure. Search for it on this message board. :)

Thank you so much Apple_Blossem,

I read about vitamin B5 and it really seems something worthy of a trial. I hope I can find it.

Indeed in spite of my age I also have a tendency to high colesterol, so It could be indeed that there is something wrong with my fat metabolism....

I also know the diet is a very important aspect. I can tell you that I made years ago a test for food intolerances.

It came out that I am intolerant to quite a lot of things: coffee (3rd degree), soy, salmon, beef and pork meet (2nd) and others. I tried to reduce these foods as much as I can but again results were at least dissatisfactory.

More over I finally had to compensate replacing them for example with dairy products and milk (skimmed of course) that also are considered not recommended for acne sufferers.

Unfortunately I am very skinny and have great difficulties to keep my weight.

Now I put a big care in eating a bit of everything, varying my diet as much as I can, and trying simply to avoid trash food…Mc Donalds, industrial snacks, self-claiming chocolates….and so on.

I have some questions. I read something in this forum about a compromised barrier function of the skin and cellular proliferation.

Do you think or does someone of you know if there is possible connection between immunitary system problems and sebum emission/acne ?

I can tell I read that HIV sufferers often have seborrhea but I am not sure I understood well because unfortunately there are still many misconceptions and a lot of confusion is usually done between seborrhea (abnormal sebum excretion) and seborrhaeic dermatitis, two problems that may be connected but which are definitely not the same thing.

About me I can tell a curious thing that came out gathering all blood test I had to do in let’s say the last 10 years (I don’t have data from before available any more).

I have systematically an excessive percent amount of lymphocytes (around 60% while they shouldn’t exceed 48%) and a to low percentage of neutrophil granulocytes (around 29% while they shouldn’t be under 40%). Every time I presented these data to doctors I was told :�Well, You maybe had a bit of flu as you did the test.�

But is it possible that not even once, as I had a blood test, I was flu-free ?

I think they were a bit superficial.

Recently I was told that these data could be compatible with an allergy…..

I wonder if these data could maybe reflect the permanent chronic inflammation of my skin. Skin is the largest organ of the body. I think that a strong persistent inflammation on it could lead to some kind of pendant at blood level.

Or maybe it works all the way around and my skin situation is consequential to some persisting condition involving or stimulating the immunitary system.

Frankly I have no idea about what could be the cause what the effect. I would like to get some opinion by you about it.

Thank you very much.

It is very helpful even only to talk with you all.

Cpfitt