Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forbawston

homoeopathic remedies

As with every medication, you should ask your dermatologist first. Very often, there are side-effects to taking any two medications at once, even a homeopathic/homeopathic combo or homeopathic/prescription combo. Better safe than sorry. If he doesn't know, ask your doctor. If all this fails, just be patient, finish out your accutane regime, and take the stuff later.

My background: I am in the 3rd month of my 2nd run of accutane, I am a 30 year old woman, dealing with severe cystic for 18 years. Whew! I can't wait until this nightmare is over once and for all!!! =)

Ok you know that initial breakout period when you first start accutane? Well that was me 2 months ago. I could literally sit in the mirror and watch cysts grow all over my face and neck. They sprung up like big fat hives. The first day I got 7. The second, 11. The third, 17, then 30... pow... I just stayed in one weekend and cried. My face hurt so bad I didn't want to move.

I started taking Calcarea Sulphurica, 30c. I took it a lot more than the recommended dose of 5 pellets sublingually 3 times a day. I took a dose of 5 every 2 hours. IT WORKED AMAZINGLY WELL. It immediately started healing my cysts! New cysts were getting healed in 3 days or less. (The very deep "big daddies" took a week or longer though). If I stopped taking it, I noticed that I broke out more. The calcarea sulphurica warded off new cysts and rapidly healed the existing ones.

I brought it into my derm and explained that I'd been taking it for years, but bumped up my self-dosing of it and Accutane seemed to dramatically increase its beneficial effects. He said that if it works and did not intensify any of Accutane's side effects then by all means, take it if it works!

Silecea and Sulphur will also work, but Calcarea Sulphurica is what I recommend because it is specifically for "Acne/Boils" and the other homeopathic preparations are for other, more generalized uses.

As with every medication, you should ask your dermatologist first. Very often, there are side-effects to taking any two medications at once, even a homeopathic/homeopathic combo or homeopathic/prescription combo. Better safe than sorry. If he doesn't know, ask your doctor. If all this fails, just be patient, finish out your accutane regime, and take the stuff later.

Actually.... I know quite a bit about homeopathic medicines. One of the greatest benefits of homeopathy is that you can take them in conjunction with prescription medicine or other homeopathic medicines with no adverse side effects. Mixing is perfectly sound.

Homeopathic medicines are of varying dilutions of FDA approved medications, which stimulate the body's natural defenses to self-heal. That is why homeopathic medicines will work for some and not for others.... they either work or they don't.

Just wanted to clarify that for anyone that would have otherwise been misled by your comments. For further information, visit Boiron's website, they are one of the largest and oldest commercial retailers of Homeopathic preparations.