Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest tvirus_outbreak

B5 Absobtion

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Hi, when is it best to take b5 for maximum absorbtion? After a meal? During a meal? Before a meal? On an empty stomach? Help would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Anyone know?

Guest tvirus_outbreak
:) Ok thanks for that

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Okay so I'll guess I'll take it just before a meal. Did it work for you guys? What brand did you take?

Okay so I'll guess I'll take it just before a meal. Did it work for you guys? What brand did you take?

I use Vitacure B5 Clearskin. It works a treat!!! :D

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Oh good! That's what I ordered! I hope it will be here soon. I ordered 2 bottles it was like $114 in AUD (including postage and handling).

Oh good! That's what I ordered! I hope it will be here soon. I ordered 2 bottles it was like $114 in AUD (including postage and handling).

Good luck with it! In the first few weeks you may feel like giving up, but stick with it and in 3 months you should notice a MASSIVE difference. Welcome to the B5 clan!!! :D

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Yes! It arrived today. I have taken 10 so far. I will take about 7 just before dinner and another 3 later tonight.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

I got sick after taking 20 capsules yesterday :confused: Should I lower my dose? I noticed that on a piece of paper that came with my order it says to start at 1-2 capsules 3 times a day for the first week. So should I take 2 capsules 3 times a day?

I got sick after taking 20 capsules yesterday :confused: Should I lower my dose? I noticed that on a piece of paper that came with my order it says to start at 1-2 capsules 3 times a day for the first week. So should I take 2 capsules 3 times a day?

I took 4 capsules 5 times a day, but I eat 5 meals a day. I am assuming you took 6-7 capsules 3 times. I would take 3 capsules 3 times a day, then 4, then 5 and so on. The worst that happens is you feel sick and I have never heard of that.

Also you said your taking some special B5 for acne. If its just regular Pantothenic Acid 500mg, I don't see how there could be a difference between that and a regular vitamin company except the price. I pay $8 for a bottle of 100 capsules 500mg Pantothenic Acid (B5) from NOW (thats the company) but although my skin is not at all oily anymore, I still have persistant acne, so don't go by me. Also I read about someone making a skin toner with water and the powder from B5 caps and applying it 5 times a day. I tried this and it seemed to work okay, but I take so much stuff who the hell knows what works and what doesn't.

Right now I stopped taking B5 and all other supplements and am trying Wai's diet. you can read about it at freeacnebook.com . also there have been many posts on these boards about this. If anyones wondering how I'm doing, I'm on the first day and I feel great. People complain of fatigue and hunger, but I feel energized and full. They say to eat 9 meals a day but I just do 3 meals, but I spread out the portions. So fruit........salad........egg yolk or sushi. I guess that's kind of like 9 meals. First time having sushi today.....Not as bad as I thought.. I kinda like it. haven't done the raw egg yolk, going to do it now. This diet is my last hope and then I give up so I hope it works.

Hiya :wavey:

If you feel sick then start with a lower dose and work your way up, although I didn't have a problem when I started with 21 a day. Make sure you take equal amounts just before your meals i.e I take 7 tablets right before I eat breakfast, 7 before dinner and 7 before tea. This will stop the sick feeling. Don't just take random amounts here and there, it'll mess with your system.

Right now I stopped taking B5 and all other supplements and am trying Wai's diet.

I can understand.. I went three days on apples only ... and I body build and used to eat 5-6 meals a day w/ a protein shake w/ every meal so not having my meat and potatoes or rice is not easy for me. Todays the first day and already I didn't feel like eating the fruit at my last meal, apples and grapefruit, but instead I had blueberries and rasberries. I'm sure I will be craving food tomorrow but I have alot of will power, not that you don't, but I can really do anything I set my mind to, especially if it will help my acne. I'm even okay with the fact that I may lose alot of weight and be skinny again, but I'd rather that than the acne. At least I'll be nice and cut. Thanks for the warning though, maybe I'll get more varieties of fruit.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Maybe it's because I'm 12? I think B5 is supposed to be safe for all ages, but maybe 10g is too much for my liver to break down or something? It might also have to do with the fact that I took 20 capsules within 4 hours? Because I didn't get my B5 until the afternoon and I wanted to start using it right away. Oh, but I made sure that I had it with food.

Maybe it's because I'm 12? I think B5 is supposed to be safe for all ages, but maybe 10g is too much for my liver to break down or something? It might also have to do with the fact that I took 20 capsules within 4 hours? Because I didn't get my B5 until the afternoon and I wanted to start using it right away. Oh, but I made sure that I had it with food.

20 capsules in 4 hours!!!!!!! Good God! :shock: Not surprised you felt ill!!!!! From now on take them 3 times a day like i said, and with food like you are doing. You'll be ok! Good luck!

I can understand.. I went three days on apples only ... and I body build and used to eat 5-6 meals a day w/ a protein shake w/ every meal so not having my meat and potatoes or rice is not easy for me. Todays the first day and already I didn't feel like eating the fruit at my last meal, apples and grapefruit, but instead I had blueberries and rasberries. I'm sure I will be craving food tomorrow but I have alot of will power, not that you don't, but I can really do anything I set my mind to, especially if it will help my acne. I'm even okay with the fact that I may lose alot of weight and be skinny again, but I'd rather that than the acne. At least I'll be nice and cut. Thanks for the warning though, maybe I'll get more varieties of fruit.

Yeah, lot of varieties of fruit is the key. I started eating pineapples and stuff, and coconut. It made it a bit more interesting. I'm a really skinny girl anyway, and I looked anorexic by the end of it. Not nice.

I really hope it works for you. And good luck with the willpower thing. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :pray: