Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
monkeypaw

sleeping certain way cause break outs?

Whats up my hopefully clear complected friends,

Probably like many of you, i do everything in my day in relation to my acne. I try to avoid certain foods, or make sure i don't touch my face or whatever. But i have heard a couple of times that sleeping on your face can cause breakouts. So they advise sleeping on your back. But there is no way i can sleep like that. I was wondering if any of you have noticed that you get break outs on certain sides of your face because of the side you slept on. I know this is paranoid.

It can contribute but it is a really minor factor I sleep on my front all the time with my face on the pillow and I havent had any breakouts from it, just make sure you change your pillowcase regularly

i gues sleeping on ur face wud cause a little bit more irritation if ur rubing it on the pillow etc.

but i cant imagine it wud CAUSE breakouts.

try and relax and do the regimen, an not think about ur face in te day

thats how u achieve clear skin coz ur not constantly picking or touchin ur face

an ur not worrying about it all the time either

I think the only way sleeping a particular way could contribute to your acne is if your pillow is particullary dirty, so maybe it would be a good idea if you don't already to change your pillocase every few days :)

I think the only way sleeping a particular way could contribute to your acne is if your pillow is particullary dirty, so maybe it would be a good idea if you don't already to change your pillocase every few days :)

good call young janiet!

Personal experience : yes sleeping on your face can cause acne...

I already have 2 new acne because last night when I slept, lie on my left cheek. This morning, 2 new zits exactly at where I slept ;(

I tried sleeping on my back.. but I just cant fall asleep. The position is so uncomfortable..

Personal experience : yes sleeping on your face can cause acne...

I already have 2 new acne because last night when I slept, lie on my left cheek. This morning, 2 new zits exactly at where I slept ;(

I tried sleeping on my back.. but I just cant fall asleep. The position is so uncomfortable..

acne doesnt form overnight man

it forms sometimes 2-3weeks before u get a redmark or nethin

the way u slept lastnight bares no relivance to ur new pimples today

Yes, change your pillow case as often as you can. All the bacteria from your face/wherever collects on you case. Then each night you put your face in it.

I can swear on my life that acne is not always because of an instance from 2 weeks ago. Like natuerwild said, when I sleep on a certain side of my face, the next morning Ill break out in that area. I forced myself to getting used to sleeping on my back. Now, I never break out on my cheeks or jaw line.

Also, im somewhat allergic to shellfish. I've tested this a million times and everytime I have shell fish im GUARANTEED to have at least 2 spots within 2 days, no joke.

Well i agree that they usually form about 2 weeks before hand but i believe something such as sleeping on ur face can bring them to the surface quicker then naturally.... from personal experience no matter how i sleep i always end up smooshing my face into my pillow and in the past has caused breakouts mainly because i think i was just smearing the oil from my hair and face all over my face some more

I also will breakout in one night if i dont wash my face because of passing out from drinking n such.... so all in all

WASH THEM PILLOW CASES!

i think it can cause breakouts... it depends on if ur skin is oily at the time (mashing oil into ur face) and how

clean ur pillow is... u know a really good idea which i do is put a towel over the pillow and just change that

every few days cuz its easier than changing ur pillow case every time

It's trial and error for everyone since Acne is a very variating disease.

If it really influences your acne than it could be because of 2 reasons:

-bacteria on dirty pillows (I myself change pillowsheets every 2 days)

-uncomfortable texture of the pillow. Maybe some sheets you use aggrevate the skin more because of their texture or their material (for example synthetic stuff, I don't know)

I'd start of with changing pillowsheets regularly and see if there is any difference, and try to discover for yourself if the pillowsheets really have to do something with your acne. I know no person remains in the same position all the time but you could try to sleep on the same side of the face for a week.

It's trial and error for everyone since Acne is a very variating disease.

If it really influences your acne than it could be because of 2 reasons:

-bacteria on dirty pillows (I myself change pillowsheets every 2 days)

-uncomfortable texture of the pillow. Maybe some sheets you use aggrevate the skin more because of their texture or their material (for example synthetic stuff, I don't know)

I'd start of with changing pillowsheets regularly and see if there is any difference, and try to discover for yourself if the pillowsheets really have to do something with your acne. I know no person remains in the same position all the time but you could try to sleep on the same side of the face for a week.

I agree with changing pillow cases regularly. I use two pillow cases at a time. Then i wash them in a mild soap. Dreft baby soap is very gentle and won't cause irritation. I use two because the bacteria and oil can absorb into the pillow case and get on to the pillow itself, which will stay there. Using two cases will give you a lesser chance that you will have the bacteria tranfered back onto your skin. I hope that is helpful. Good luck to you!