Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is more of a rant than a post about acne so...sorry

okay so i'm 17 female and i've had acne for a couple years now, but i've just started to get it under control. I've been on these boards for a good year now as a guest, but i finally decided to register.

So, my FUCKING DAD. he really just doesnt know when to stop. I don't know if you guys have the same experiences, but my dad really expects way too much from me. ANd i dont mean just getting A's and B's in school (which i think is pretty fucking good), he wants PERFECTION. And its like he doesnt even see me as a human anymore. The only time he even thinks about talking to me is when he wants to pester me about grades and "studying for me SAT's," even though my score was well above 2000 points. It fucking sucks cuz i live in San Diego where the weather is gorgeous right now especially and i have to stay home and study.

No matter what i do, my dad still seems to think of me as a failure. Im senior class presiden for fucks sakes. I play softball and run track and i have a fucking weighted 4.0 and honors classes and shit and i have club activities coming out my ass, AND i still find time to have a social life. What does this guy WANT from me? He thinks i hang out with my "stupid friends who aren't going to get anywhere in life." Fuck you man, my friends are smart as hell.

Okay i'm done. Sorry for that. Its not like i expect anyone to read it anyways, just had to get it off my back.

This is more of a rant than a post about acne so...sorry

okay so i'm 17 female and i've had acne for a couple years now, but i've just started to get it under control. I've been on these boards for a good year now as a guest, but i finally decided to register.

So, my FUCKING DAD. he really just doesnt know when to stop. I don't know if you guys have the same experiences, but my dad really expects way too much from me. ANd i dont mean just getting A's and B's in school (which i think is pretty fucking good), he wants PERFECTION. And its like he doesnt even see me as a human anymore. The only time he even thinks about talking to me is when he wants to pester me about grades and "studying for me SAT's," even though my score was well above 2000 points. It fucking sucks cuz i live in San Diego where the weather is gorgeous right now especially and i have to stay home and study.

No matter what i do, my dad still seems to think of me as a failure. Im senior class presiden for fucks sakes. I play softball and run track and i have a fucking weighted 4.0 and honors classes and shit and i have club activities coming out my ass, AND i still find time to have a social life. What does this guy WANT from me? He thinks i hang out with my "stupid friends who aren't going to get anywhere in life." Fuck you man, my friends are smart as hell.

Okay i'm done. Sorry for that. Its not like i expect anyone to read it anyways, just had to get it off my back.

I dont think he sees you as a failure! He just wants whats best for you....maybe he doesn't want you making the same mistakes he did (if he made any) and this is what he thinks is best! Dont be mad at him..but at the same time dont try and live up to his expectations (dont make the same mistake i did) as they seem to be perfection and well nobody can live up to that.

First and foremost make sure your happy...try tellin him you are doin your best. I aint a dad but i cant imagine how difficult it must be to raise a child and try and make sure they have a good life and dont miss out on anything...guess thats just what he is tryin to do??

And on the bright side at least you have your acne under control now...things are lookin good for you already....and A's & B's? you sound pretty smart dont let him put you off just keep doin what your doin and i guess you'll show one day how good a person you will (are) be and hence how good a job he has done?

I know how that feels. Im getting a 94 average in my senior year right now and mym mom is still on my back telling me to study and "do well". She knows shes being annoying but she says she doesnt care. She just want me to do well lol