Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Princess Warrior

The Regime and Moisturiser

I have been on the CSR now for 2 weeks. I have experienced all the common symptoms redness, itchness and dry skin. The redness and itchness have now subsided but the dry skin is driving me insane. I currently use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion, which I have been using forever and really like, however it just doesnt seem to alleviate the dryness. I have tried about three other moisturizers recommended on this site but without any success.

Question:

Do you think moisturizing before applying BP then after BP and whenever you might need it during the day would hinder the effectiveness of CSR?

I would stick to applying BP before moisturiser so it can get into your pores fully, but I moisturise throoughout the day whenever I feel I need it and haven't had any problems :)

stick to the regimen as close as u can!

an this wil mean u actually see results!

in another week try an gte a moisturiser with AHA in it

that wil combat ur dryskin really well!

stick to the regimen as close as u can!

an this wil mean u actually see results!

in another week try an gte a moisturiser with AHA in it

that wil combat ur dryskin really well!

you might have used to much bp to begien with but its alright...shit happens lol but yea you definitly have to put bpon first.and to help with the dryness there are alot of steps such as using WARM water not hot.wasing GENTLY.and last but not least ENOUGH moisturizer.if you use moisturizer and you are still dry lookin you arnt usin enough its that simple lol dont forget.bp first. then moist.

i DEFINATELY agree with fmxkid on the gentle washing/applying BP

and warm water not HOT

that is one of my little things that i found after doin the regimen for a while!

u got it in one there fmxkid! good advice man

na it can be stopped man,

u gotta find a good moisturiser an use a 2.5% Bp that is mild ie dans CSR Gel

i use that an my eucerin an my skin is totally normal in the day now.

ul get there too but u gotta find whta works for ur skin thats all

If you apply moisturiser first, then your pores are going to be soaked with moisturiser and therefore the BP won't sink in nearly as well and may not even penetrate the pore as deeply.

I'd stick with moisturising after the BP.

What you CAN do, is apply Jojoba oil to your skin right after washing, because Jojoba oil moisturises but also helps carry the BP deep in to the pore.

eh i don't know ... it just seems the flakiness never ends... also my parents absoltuly do not want me buying

any more products lol

yup i felt like that

my flakes seemed to not go away

i think ur bein 2 harsh wen u apply bp etc

just apply it gently an then wait 10-15mins an then moisturise

an after u wash, apply bp once ur skin is dry

dont wait 10-15mins jus coz u feel u have to.

apply bp once ur skin is dry.

i found that helped remove flakes coz otherwise my skin was starting to REALLY dry, then id apply bp

then moisturise

an wen i smiled my skin wud flake etc

Actually come to think of it I generally wash my face in the shower which is HOT water. I will take your advice and start washing my face in WARM water and see how that goes. I have ordered AHA, which is recommended on this site to combat dry skin.

Thanks everyone for your advice!

dami3n, i would try what you're doing. i usually wait 10 minutes before applying bp. And the flakiness won't stop specially on the mouth area. I had to use moisturizer to cover things up.

yea jus wait til ur skin is dry, ul know wen its dry.

an then wait 10-15mins from bp to moisturiser

i admit i stil need to moisturise after bp else my skin wud be very dry in the day.

but after i finish moisturising my skin is normal an stays like it all day, UNLESS I smile OVERLY lots or eat a bassive baguette or somethin hehe.

then id jus nip toilet, run the tap an put my index finger underneath it

an then dap the water on my finger on the flakes an they dissapear again for the rest of the day ^