Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ItalHawk87

Acne/Red Marks increase Peeling??

as the topic suggests... if ya have acne or marks on the face from acne... does it incr. peeling than a person

with for the most part clear skin ?

I"m not positive what you mean either.

But if you currently have healing acne lesions, they might peel and become dry as bp dries them up.

As for redmarks, those hyperpigmented areas, I don't think those will be more peely than other areas.

Ah, a compare and contrast question for the Einstein of Einsteins. *ahem* by that I mean me *cough*

To rephrase:

When using products which bring about dryness, is the dryness worse for a person with clear skin or a person with...okay I confused myself too...

Well, a person with clear skin probably would not be using topical acne medications.

or do you mean once you are clear and you continue with the Regimen to remain clear, will you peel less?

Some of it depends on the natural nature of your skin. Are you naturally oily or dry. It also depends on your personal products. Some cleansers are more drying etc, some bp preparations are more drying than others, etc. and some moisturizers aren't as good as others.

alot of factors there to consider.

probably the most confusing post for a long time on the CSR forum

im stil not 100% what was the initial question lol

okay im gonna restart the whole thing for u... i think brandy got it though.... my question was when doing the

regimen (any drying products)... does ur skin peel more when u have acne/redmarks on ur face as compared

to when u have clear skin :razz: hopefully peeps can understand it now :lol:

er wel i found wen i started there regimen my skin was a lot more peely than it is now

now my skin is basically normal in the day, i can smile wide an eat etc without flakey skin n stuf

but taht wasnt always the case

it used2b i cudnt open mouth wide at ALL an if i smiled it wud crack my face

Spent a long time trying not to smile which was gay !