Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
P.Ki113R

13 Aggravators of Acne

It's weird though. Iodine is found in lots of seafoods, but I've noticed that people in Japan and Korea eat tons of seafood and they (not all of them, but an overwhelming majority) have the most beautiful skin ever! Maybe it's just good genes.....I wish I had their genes!

It's weird though. Iodine is found in lots of seafoods, but I've noticed that people in Japan and Korea eat tons of seafood and they (not all of them, but an overwhelming majority) have the most beautiful skin ever! Maybe it's just good genes.....I wish I had their genes!

it aggravates acne not causes it, so if you already have acne, it could prove disastrous, where as in Korea and Japan, a lot of them tend to eat their traditional foods, where as if you live in USA, Australia and UK, hell breaks loose due to the junk food industry, also in korea and japan and those places, i dont think they drink a lot of milk, which nowadays is loaded with chemicals and growth hormones.

A good list of acne aggravators, though hardly a complete one.

http://911skin.com/13agofac.html

Thats is an interesting list, but id like to know what research the information is based on.

Most people would have to live like a monk to avoid most of that list. I would also say, just because somthing can aggravate acne - it does not mean it always will. Some people have different tolerance levels to different chemicals/products etc.

Cheers!

I think it depends on the amount of different aggravators you intake. The more you are exposed to them the greater are the chances of aggravation. It's just helpful to be aware of what makes acne worse so that you can better make your own judgments.

As for the research that it's based upon, its probably based on a compilation of different researches done in the past. I've read a lot of things from there before but a list of citations would be nice.

what the hell its impossible to stay away from all that food they listed. THats like everyones diet!! Meat, seafood, dairy, veggies!!

Also, masturbation wasnt on there and a lot of people think its a big part. just an FYI

Lol, mastrubation certainly does not cause acne. It's just an old myth.

in males, masturbation leads to high testosterone levels and i read somewhere that high testosterone levels leads to high production of sebum.

i read that too, in a couple places.people think its a myth because its not proven...in order for something to be proven you have to use the scientic method...do tests n shit.but if you look at the basics it will like someone111 said above cause your testosterone levels to rise incresing more oil production which is bad..and can lead to things such as acne/clogged pores yada yada yada

Honestly, until there is a cure for acne, I'm never going to believe anything.

Pretty much everything about acne seems to be a myth or a theory. It's just like benzoyl peroxide. We know it works well but it's still not exactly known how it works to treat acne. Some people believe food can cause more acne, while most doctors will tell you to eat anything you want. We just don't know enough about acne to make these kind of conclusions, and well, everyone will react differently.

If you live in southern parts of UK you have probably heard of problems to do with HARD WATER. I don't know where else this occurs but it is definatley a major problem where I live, so my parents got a water softner which reduces the amount of minerals in the water. After this, my acne has reduced A LOT. I mean water is something you use all the time to wash,clean, drink etc and it really used to affect my acne. But it really depends on the TYPE of hard water i.e. the types of minerals dissolved in the water that affect the skin.

weed it's not going to make your acne worse...it's just going to make you feel good and not think about acne...it helped me a lot when i used to have it....

weed it's not going to make your acne worse...it's just going to make you feel good and not think about acne...it helped me a lot when i used to have it....

Imagine a person who has masturbated for years trying to stop cold turkey, what would that cause? Stress, and stress has been proven to aggravate acne. Masturbation on the other hand almost certainly does not.

Honestly, until there is a cure for acne, I'm never going to believe anything.

Pretty much everything about acne seems to be a myth or a theory. It's just like benzoyl peroxide. We know it works well but it's still not exactly known how it works to treat acne. Some people believe food can cause more acne, while most doctors will tell you to eat anything you want. We just don't know enough about acne to make these kind of conclusions, and well, everyone will react differently.

benyzoyl peroxide kills the p.acne bacterium.

in males, masturbation leads to high testosterone levels and i read somewhere that high testosterone levels leads to high production of sebum.

This is not true. If anything, testosterone levels subside after masturbation.

This is not true. If anything, testosterone levels subside after masturbation.

yes after masturbation but during masturbation or any sexual activity it increases

benyzoyl peroxide kills the p.acne bacterium.

That is believed to be responsible for its usefulness in acne. According to my medical information, "the exact method of action of BP in acne vulgaris is not known". BP works wonders for many people while it does little if anything at all for others. I'm not arguing with anybody, but if we knew more about acne and how the treatments worked then the treatments would be far more successful in most people.