Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpio

Missed Accutane Days

Had a hard time getting an appointment.

So, I haven't had any pills for about 5 days.

Is there any way I should try to make up for these lost days?

That's ok. I was told that I might have to go several days without my Amnesteem prescription because of the whole i-pledge thing. My derm told me patients can go 10 days and more without taking this med and it would be fine. Don't worry. :)

I went without my Amnesteem for 7 days because of the Ipledge program and I broke out really bad by the 5th-6th day. Make that appointment and get your accutane soon- you'll also need a blood test

Are blood tests needed for each month? I thought my derm said one in the beginning and another toward the end. Thanks.

Are blood tests needed for each month? I thought my derm said one in the beginning and another toward the end. Thanks.

Yes, in order to get your prescription from the doctor you need to take a monthly blood test to check your cholesterol and to check up on the liver as well, see how it's responding to the Accutane. If your derm isn't making you get a blood test, and isn't checking up on your health, he/she isn't be a good responsible doctor.