Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant24

Contacts on Accutane

Im getting contacts soon but im worried i wont be able to wear them a lot cause of eye dryness. My eyes get kinda dry during the day and artificial tears only help temporarily. Does anyone else wear contacts? Especially since im about to start driving (may 24) i dont want to get into an accident right away w/ decreased night vision. I hate wearing glasses (they also spread oil on my nose and cause small pimples) and ive had a trial pair of contacts on for like 5 minutes before at the eye doctors and it felt amazing. I could see all this small print around me without squinting one bit, as im doing right now while typing this. I think this is a real cause for my unexplained headaches. Ive had them since i was young and i think it might be from squinting my eyes all day at school.

ANYWAYS, any contact wearers on accutane with no problems?

hey Ant, hmm I'm kinda in the same boat as you...I'm on accutane right now (2nd Month) and I've worn glasses since like grade 5...and they sux. I'm getting contacts soon too...they're so much better than glasses.

You both should be ok....i have just yesterday finished an 7 months course of accutane and have been wearing contacts the whole course without much of problem. Only when the lenses get old do i notice any dry eye or anything like that. I would say however make sure the contacts you get have a good oxygen content. That will help alot.