Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
screw_acne

this is what i saw on a proactiv promotion

it was in a book form , tlaking about causes of acne .... ie : how acne forms , diet - acne , etc ....

it says DIET DOES NOT EFFECT DIET. eeee.....and then it starts saying how good their products can prevent acne and heal acne scars redmarks and stuff

so does diet actually affect acne or not?

DO YOU HAVE A POINT ? I ASK

From what i've read on webmd, there is not a direct connection with diet and acne. However, i have read that dairy products promote acne. I'm wondering if soy would be a good alternative, soy milk? I'm not certain about that. I am still researching. I will let you know if i find an anwser.

so does diet actually affect acne or not?

DO YOU HAVE A POINT ? I ASK

Read the 10,000 posts in this forum and make the judgment for yourself. Asking if diet affects acne is a question that is impossible to answer.

Note: It's probably best not to get information from Proactiv or any site promoting a product because they want to make money off of you. They wouldn't want you seeking alternatives, now would they?

In my case acne is 110% caused by diet. I'd like to have some scientist study my skin and change their stance that diet doesn't cause acne.

Diet has absolutely no effect on my skin whatsoever. I tried experimenting with my diet, cleaning it up several times, and failed. I usually gave up after 4-5 months with no results. Accutane is the only thing that has cleared my skin, so far. But everyone is different, and I envy Mrs Jenkins for figuring out the diet/acne connection within her own body and clearing her skin! Its a shame the solution wasnt that simple for me, or for many others...

it just depends on the person, like i said in other posts, milk and some other dairy products affect. one of my dermatologist firmly stands on the fact that diet does not affect acne, but i would like to beg to differ with him. maybe he hasnt experienced it personally. but everyone is just different