Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Simply_Me

uranium laser (correction-erbium)

my derm recomended this for me. so does anyone have any prior experiences to this laser? its called uranium laser and its accompanied by oxygen treatment.

that sounds... radioactive.. are you sure it's not erbium laser?

hahah yea, sorry, i meant erbium laser, typo or mind glitch. but yea does anyone know anything about this laser and prior treatments??

hahah yea, sorry, i meant erbium laser, typo or mind glitch. but yea does anyone know anything about this laser and prior treatments??

LOL,this really cracked me up :)

I did 2 Erbium laser micro-peels ( 30 and 50 microns ) but as they were too shallow to make any differnec in scarring so didn't pursue further. But it can go as deep as 150 microns. It is considered as safe laser with minimal side effects and not so long down time and recovery ( as compared to CO2 ).

Pls. ask your doctor at depth you will be treated. Also, it can correct only mild scarring and maybe, you would need multiple treatments based on settings used and kind of scarring you have. So, you need to find that out the treatment plan from doctor.

LOL,this really cracked me up :)

I did 2 Erbium laser micro-peels ( 30 and 50 microns ) but as they were too shallow to make any differnec in scarring so didn't pursue further. But it can go as deep as 150 microns. It is considered as safe laser with minimal side effects and not so long down time and recovery ( as compared to CO2 ).

Pls. ask your doctor at depth you will be treated. Also, it can correct only mild scarring and maybe, you would need multiple treatments based on settings used and kind of scarring you have. So, you need to find that out the treatment plan from doctor.

he told me that i do have light scars, from far away u think they are freckles. but he said that with one treatment, which is 900 bucks... accompanied by the oxygen treatment, and i will have or should have a 70 percent improve rate... shooooot, 70 percent is better then 0. how was your treatment, and were you satisfied with your results in the end??

whoa whoa.. this totally sounds like my derm. i did erbium like years ago... 2 treatments of it. first one he didn't go that deep, but the second one he went crazy and that was fine with me. i didn't really do the third treatment because for 900 dollars i could have done saline injections 7-8 times or other treatments that might yield better results. may i have the name of your derm, i think i know which derm you are talking about! if it is... he's cool.. he gives me free cortisone injections =].. if it is NOT then... go with fraxel, you will like the results more for almost the same price. for erbium to actually leave you with good results, the derm would have to go very deep into your skin. of course going deep will have its problems like red marks that look like blush and won't fade away. i have two on my cheeks and one on the bridge of my nose. i don't really have a problem with them because it looks normal and since i have light asian skin, those red marks actually DO look like blush. =]

ta-ta

whoa whoa.. this totally sounds like my derm. i did erbium like years ago... 2 treatments of it. first one he didn't go that deep, but the second one he went crazy and that was fine with me. i didn't really do the third treatment because for 900 dollars i could have done saline injections 7-8 times or other treatments that might yield better results. may i have the name of your derm, i think i know which derm you are talking about! if it is... he's cool.. he gives me free cortisone injections =].. if it is NOT then... go with fraxel, you will like the results more for almost the same price. for erbium to actually leave you with good results, the derm would have to go very deep into your skin. of course going deep will have its problems like red marks that look like blush and won't fade away. i have two on my cheeks and one on the bridge of my nose. i don't really have a problem with them because it looks normal and since i have light asian skin, those red marks actually DO look like blush. =]

ta-ta

the derm name is dr. tien nguyen. he is asian and has a respectable background in treating asian skin. he's in southern california. i seen the picture of some people wit scars before and was left with intense redness like a really really bad sun burn for like a whole weekends. also how did u like ur results from the erbium laser??? was it worth the money?

my my my... guess what my friend, he IS the doctor i was thinking about. :clap: haha! what a small world eh? he's cool and everything but he is no longer my official derm because everytime i visit him, he always push that third erbium treatment on me.. :wacko: do research on fraxel my friend, and please don't mention me or tell him a guy on a forum told you not to do erbium because that would make me feel bad. :cry:

ta-ta

my my my... guess what my friend, he IS the doctor i was thinking about. :clap: haha! what a small world eh? he's cool and everything but he is no longer my official derm because everytime i visit him, he always push that third erbium treatment on me.. :wacko: do research on fraxel my friend, and please don't mention me or tell him a guy on a forum told you not to do erbium because that would make me feel bad. :cry:

ta-ta

hahaha, well how was your scars originally? were they shallow and ice picked? also after the treatment how was your scars afterwards??? i wont mention you i promise. but give me your background information so i can compare information, also tell me everything about the treatment and its effectiveness for you, i would like to know your experiences.

hmmm 2 treatments MAYBE gave me.. 3.5-5% improvement? maybe it will be different for you because you don't have rolling scars; what you have are called ice picks, and you are very fortunate because they do look like freckles from a-far. if i were you i wouldn't really care about them or think about expensive treatments, instead you should look into 50% TCA cross. i had 3? ice picks like yours -- mine was a tad bit smaller; with the help of TCA 50%, my ice picks scars lifted to 85-90% skin level. also, you may have heard about this already from my other posts; i've gained 80%-83% improvement from fraxel and saline, after that i just needed to lose some weight because when i load up the pounds, all the fat goes to my face. for you i suggest TCA 50%; see how it works out for you before you spend thousands on lasers.

i have to wait til september or august to begin the erbium laser treatment. fraxel is more severe for acne scars isn't it? also you never told me your "life" story, as in how old you are and what kind of skin you have, and its ironic how the derm that is treating me is the same one as yours. i just spent like 125 dollars on his cosmetics topicals today. i sure hope it gives me good results.

well he used to by my derm in 2004. i am 19 and i no longer live close to his office anymore because i am dorming for college. acne gave me depression and i got a little chunky. got track grant/scholarship from my college so i had to get in shape. lost all the fat, plus the gained improvements due to treatments left me with 90%++++ results. i no longer care for the "scars" on my face; i now look to treat hypertrophic scars on my back and chest. <= life story from age 17-19 =]

well he used to by my derm in 2004. i am 19 and i no longer live close to his office anymore because i am dorming for college. acne gave me depression and i got a little chunky. got track grant/scholarship from my college so i had to get in shape. lost all the fat, plus the gained improvements due to treatments left me with 90%++++ results. i no longer care for the "scars" on my face; i now look to treat hypertrophic scars on my back and chest. <= life story from age 17-19 =]

wooo, i'm so full from the buffet, i'm da way home i couldn't help but to yack a lil on da road. anyways, wow erbium laser gave you a 90 percent result???? what's your skin tone, is it white-ish for asian? also wow, so doctor tien treated you with a 90 percent scars revision??? tell me about your treatments history yea? sorry to bug ya, but i would appreciate a helping hand, i'm like a couple years older then you, and dont want to suffer from bein self conscious forever...

hahahahahhahaah that's funny. i must make this clear to you so you don't jump into erbium like a mad man. I DID NOT GET 90% FROM ERBIUM, I GOT 3.5-5% AT MOST! i got to 90% through saline+fraxel+fat lost.

hahahahahhahaah that's funny. i must make this clear to you so you don't jump into erbium like a mad man. I DID NOT GET 90% FROM ERBIUM, I GOT 3.5-5% AT MOST! i got to 90% through saline+fraxel+fat lost.

thanks but how was your scars originally??? were the shallow? crater-face like scars?

dr. nguyen stated that my scars can improve up to 70 percent......is he tryna hustle me? i have light ice picks, and mostly crater scars, where it's like shallow and small holes.

i just bought his bleaching cream to make my skin less red and to get rid of the hyperpigmentation. also i bougth retin-a10 to help wit collagen reproduction with my scars, haven't notice improvement yet but i'm hoping.

hehe, he told me i'd get 70% too, but i understand where he is coming from and that is only an educated guess. after 2 treatments with such little improvements, i backed out. i had shallow indents. hmm.. it is hard to describe.. they were shallow enough that if i were to pull my skin back a bit, they would completely go away... you have icepicks soooo TCA would be your best bet. TCA 50%, go try it now! GOGOGOG STOP READING GOGOOG! =]

hehe, he told me i'd get 70% too, but i understand where he is coming from and that is only an educated guess. after 2 treatments with such little improvements, i backed out. i had shallow indents. hmm.. it is hard to describe.. they were shallow enough that if i were to pull my skin back a bit, they would completely go away... you have icepicks soooo TCA would be your best bet. TCA 50%, go try it now! GOGOGOG STOP READING GOGOOG! =]

hehe, i'm still recovering from accutane. been like 2 months now? so my skin is still extremely sensitive to try the TCA. i however bought the retin-a10 from dr. nguyen and i'm hoping that i will see good results. also igot the bleaching cream that he sold, it works great but i just gotta remember to use it at night time only. hey if u have a camera, could you PM me some pictures of you and your scars, i mean you can blakc out your eyes to keep it anonymous but i would really like to see your "results and progress".

hi, my name is Jim Nguyen,

I am looking for a fraxel doctor in the orange county area to treat rolling scars, and some brown spots.

do you mind letting me know the doctor you went to? and the cost for fraxel also?

I been quoted $750/tx. from the doc. in the westminster mall, but he just got his fraxel machine like

1 month ago and i dont want to go to a dr. that is new.

thanks

simply me i am sorry, i do not have a digital camera. all i have is the camera on my phone and a regular photo camera. i can take pictures using my phone and bluetooth it ot my computer or e-mail it using the service but i have neither. i would by a bluetooth card for my comp. but i'd rather spend my money elsewhere, this also explains the digital camera. as a college student, money is a issue. trust me if i had a camera though i would take plenty of pictures. i am not afraid of showing my face and even if i was shy in anyway, i feel showing my results would benefit the people that are suffering from scars. if you must know what my face looked like when my scars were crazy. there are two people in the scars gallery that have similar scars to me. the first person is a person that goes by "johhnard" the second goes by.... crap! i can't find him!!! i've been looking for him for like 1-2 hours in the gallery place. DID YOU KNOW WE HAVE 150++ PAGES IN THE MEMBERS GALLERY!?!? screw that! here i will explain.. my scars are similar to that of johhnard, i just have more. get it? now it is clear... urghhhh sorry for sounding mad but it is 4:45 now.. and it IS 4:45 because i was trying to find the second person for you. The second person is more similar to me in that his scars are the same as mine. see i'm going to sleep now!.. mygoodidea.. please go to fraxel.com and put in your zipcode. i got my fraxel done by a family doctor/derm in malibu. obviously that is out of the question for you..

jillin, thanks for the support, i'd appreciate everything, and yes it is a small world we live in afterall since ur ex derm is my derm now. well i checked out the gallery of johhnard and my scars i guess you could say it's similar. so you had the erbium laser treatment done wit dr. nguyen and you did not get the 70 percent improvement that he told me i would get??? so what did you do buddy? please help me out of this "hell" i'm in, i miss being in heaven and learn not to take things for granted. also so what did you do?? and i would love to see those pictures, i say you take it on ur phone and PM me it for privacy issues. your picture would really improve my sense of hope since i felt erbium laser (900 bucks a session) would of save me, now your telling me something esle, =/, i dont know, they say a picture is worth a million words, so if you could show me it would be great to see how your improvements are...

buddy i told you, i can only send pictures from my phone to my computer via bluetooth. look up bluetooth if you don't know what it is. i can always borrow a camera from someone, lets see. your scars are different from mine; mine are reallly shallow indents, and yours are icepicks.

also i don't want to sound mean simpleme.. but you've been asking me the same questions OVER AND OVER... it does get a bit annoying and i've answered all your questions in my previous posts. if you would, please go back and read all of my posts in this thread. I PROMISE you, whatever questions you had or needed to ask of me will be answered. Good day mate.