Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coughdrop

Is it just me, or does life get harder as time goes on

My problems seem to have grown exponentially since I was 15 and my only dilemma was acne. I thought that once I got older and my acne problems went away, (which is more or less the case currently) life would be blissful, but it's been the opposite. Anyway, to all you 15 year olds out there, life sucks, kill yourself now.

.......I keep coming back here like once a month, I dont know why.

Yeah....welcome to life. Suprised you only got the idea now.

no i got the idea a long time ago, i just didnt realize how far it could go

dude, dont take this the wrong way or anything, i dont judge anyone, but didnt u post a thread a few weeks ago saying how good it was to be out of hospital and how when u'd experienced that acne was nothing?If that wasnt you then sorry,lol.

My problems seem to have grown exponentially since I was 15 and my only dilemma was acne. I thought that once I got older and my acne problems went away, (which is more or less the case currently) life would be blissful, but it's been the opposite. Anyway, to all you 15 year olds out there, life sucks, kill yourself now.

.......I keep coming back here like once a month, I dont know why.

Having acne isn't the end of the world. I am 28 and i've had it since i was 9. It is a pain, for sure. But it's not the end of the world. I don't think it's a wise thing to tell anyone to commit suicide. Don't give up on your life. There are other ways to deal with your problems. I have done alot of research on acne and i will continue to learn more, because i want you and every other person who deals with this problem to have a way to feel better about themselves.

Yeah, that's why I sometimes wish I was 16-18 again. My only real big worries were if I had enough money to buy a beer or two after school and if I wasn't going to fail some class (which didn't actually bother me as much, lol). Those were some ridiculous problems.

Yeah, that's why I sometimes wish I was 16-18 again. My only real big worries were if I had enough money to buy a beer or two after school and if I wasn't going to fail some class (which didn't actually bother me as much, lol). Those were some ridiculous problems.

Yup but i love that kind of *problems* :wub:

To me, acne is the end of the world. If I still have acne by the time i'm 28, i'll throw myself off a cliff.

To me, acne is the end of the world. If I still have acne by the time i'm 28, i'll throw myself off a cliff.

Thats ridiculous. What you have could barely be classed as 'acne' anyway.

can't you predict if you will if you know your genetics (did your parents have it that long?)

ya that was me lol, my lust for life has expired

and rainy acnes on the ass end of my list of problems

well wen u wrote dat post about living in the now after coming out if hospital it really did actually make me think how lucky i was and stuff, so i hope u find your mojo agen dude cause u gave me some of mine back.

can't you predict if you will if you know your genetics (did your parents have it that long?)

I was adopted.

If most acne sufferers were given certain health problems or some kind of disability you'd soon realise it's not the biggest deal in the World after all. I know it can be tough to deal with, but, come on.

How old are you?

If most acne sufferers were given certain health problems or some kind of disability you'd soon realise it's not the biggest deal in the World after all. I know it can be tough to deal with, but, come on.

I agree

How old are you?

My acne is under control now. I only get a few now and then. Occationally when i get stressed out about something i get a few more. But i am not going to throw myself off a cliff because i have a breakout. That would be pointless. I hope that your life means more to you than that.

You being adopted means that your parents(adopted) really wanted you. And i'm sure that they would be devistated if you threw yourself off a cliff. You may have only been that dramatic about it because you can't imagine living with acne for that long, but really think about what you are saying. I have been dealing with this for almost 20 years.

if acne and your personal look is most important to you, then you might as well go throw yourself off a cliff because you need your priorities in check.

No good will ever come out of wallowing and self-pity. I'm having a much better time now at 20 than I ever did when I was younger and made a huge deal out of things that don't even faze me now. What you consider to be problems now (I have no idea what you meant by that specifically) will probably be trivial matters to you down the road if you learn to stop taking the wrong things too seriously.

its not like small stuff that are my problems its the things you cant convince yourself otherwise about, like a broken heart. i can look at grades and everything else subjectively, but im not gonna list anything... because i have to go to work, and i dont want to

its not like small stuff that are my problems its the things you cant convince yourself otherwise about, like a broken heart. i can look at grades and everything else subjectively, but im not gonna list anything... because i have to go to work, and i dont want to

I sincerely hope that you are able to get throught the problems that are causing you so much pain. I have lived through alot of trauma in my life as well. You will soon find out that life is very unpredictable if you haven't already and that your priorites will change as time goes by. Be strong and believe in yourself, i know it can be hard at times, but you will overcome your challenges and be an even stronger person from the things you get through. I believe in you. I want you and everyone else here to know that it is possible to pull through. Don't give up on life.

A broken heart is tough, i know from experience. Be strong!

You are a beautiful young woman and i hope that you will give yourself credit for the things you do in life. Be strong and you can overcome anything. Have confidence in yourself.

I agree

How old are you?

My acne is under control now. I only get a few now and then. Occationally when i get stressed out about something i get a few more. But i am not going to throw myself off a cliff because i have a breakout. That would be pointless. I hope that your life means more to you than that.

You being adopted means that your parents(adopted) really wanted you. And i'm sure that they would be devistated if you threw yourself off a cliff. You may have only been that dramatic about it because you can't imagine living with acne for that long, but really think about what you are saying. I have been dealing with this for almost 20 years.

Yeah they would be even more devestated because they've already lost one daughter to a car accident. But i'm sick of my life. If you could even call it one.