Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
papercut

i need help..

im a 16yo male, started getting acne when i was 12 and its been getting progressively worse and worse. these past few weeks it suddenly went BAM and now my cheeks are a total mess, and i have a feeling its gonna get even worse.. i dont have the money to go on accutane. please tell me what i should do :(

its SOO bad...[attachmentid=4349][attachmentid=4350]

post-40274-1146115940_thumb.jpg

post-40274-1146116001_thumb.jpg

post-40274-1146115940_thumb.jpg

post-40274-1146116001_thumb.jpg

im a 16yo male, started getting acne when i was 12 and its been getting progressively worse and worse. these past few weeks it suddenly went BAM and now my cheeks are a total mess, and i have a feeling its gonna get even worse.. i dont have the money to go on accutane. please tell me what i should do :(

damn homie, I fell ur pain, first off no matter what, DO NOT POP OR LANCE any of them, trust me. u dont want scars when u get rid of this crap. do ur parents have insurance?? if nuthin is workin 4 u, u should see a Dermatologist Asap. he/she'll take care of u fa sho man.

stay up....

Like he said above me...Do NOT Pop your pimples! You'll regret it...trust me. :wall:

My acne is not as severe as you your's is, but if you want to try my regimen- It could probably help you. It's less than $10, but it worked great for me in the past (so I'm starting again.) It can be quite drying; however, I've come to like that feeling (feels like your acne's going away imo.)

Check out your dermotologist asap. Try and get onto some anti-imflammatry tabs. They'll kno best.

Good luck for you. Wish you the best.

Accutane

He said that he doesnt have money for accutane ....

Never seen pimples looking dark like those that you have, sorry nothing worked for me and i had to go on accutane so i can't help u much !!

thanks for the replies! yeah i havnt seen acne as dark as mine before as well, and i dont really pick them but i think they get damaged when im sleeping coz i unconsciously rub my face on the pillow or something.. anyway ive tried antibiotics but they dont seem to work. all im doing right now is putting aloe vera on my face every day coz we have aloe plants. doesnt seem to be helping =P

the waisays site.. damn thats a lot to do.. dont think i can follow it, but ill try.. thanks anyway!

oh yeah, do you guys think tea tree oil would help?

is there possible way to make some money off from a job or something and get accutane? if u want something that will help for sure , ACCUTANE

but that isnt the only problem, my parents are too scared of its side effects and think something will happen to me later in life lol :P and i think sleeping at night i scratch my face unconsciously, or something, and thats doing major damage.. does anyone know how to prevent this? =.= sigh..

Hey,

how long were you on antibiotics for? Tetracycline kicked my cysts with an iron boot! But it hasnt cleared me up... i dont like antibiotics all that much but they work for some. are you sure you gave them long enough? If you did and nothing happened then you REALLY should see a derm. I know it can be expensive but honestly, if you dont get treatment you could be left with some nasty scars. Accutanes side effects do sound scary but I know three people who are on it, and one who has just come off. Aside from slightly red complexions and chapped lips they've had no other problems. Get your parents to talk to a derm.

Tea trea oil does help but it wont be enough. You need to get something that will work from the inside out! If you really cant get accutane still see a derm!! they will be able to help, or they'll at least try.

Best of luck!! Keep us updated on your progress!

- Hayley. :o)

thanks :D hopefully i'll see a derm in the next couple of weeks. i was on vibra-tabs [i googled it, its got doxycycline or something] for about 2 months this time last year and it didnt seem to be working so i stopped.. maybe that was a bad idea =( can our bodies develop resistance to it?

Do you have something against BP (benzoyl peroxide)? You acne is severe and Accutane worthy, but if it's not possible due to lack of insurance or funding then BP should help. Dan's regimen is the only OTC topical regiment that reduced my inflamed papulpustualar and cystic acne (similar to yours) down to moderate acne. I ended up stopping it because my face got too dry and irritated......then I went to a derm and got retin-a and duac gel (a BP/clindamycin gel). That was less irritating than the regimen, but the retinoid really helped......I could be clear for a few weeks at a time using those (pricey too, but not as bad as Accutane.......you could substitute BP for the duac gel.....and get similar results......

I recently quit that regimen too, becuase I was still getting cysts (which scar). And I'm trying to get Accutane. I'm far from clear now, but it's better then it was last summer......I...but the warm weather is interfering with my clear skin.........and it's getting bad again......

Good luck to you........hey look on the bright side.....you're only 16......you have a chance of growing out of it by your late teens or early twenties........it may not be a life sentence for you like it is for me........

If you do an antibiotic, I highly recommend bactrim/septra. It's fairly inexpensive. If that doesn't work, I'd do anything it would take to get on accutane. Could you get a job and work like 20 hours a week for it or save up some money over the summer??

Papercut,

Like Labgirl said, if Accutane isn't an option for you, consider reading through Dan's Regimen. It is for mild-to-moderate acne, so your results may vary, but it should at least help you to some degree. Everything is available without prescription, and it is fairly inexpensive.

Information is here.

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

There are also lots of prescriptions a derm could give you besides antibiotics and Accutane. I was on a regimen of Retin-A at night and Benzamycin in the morning for years that kept my skin mostly under control. So do talk with your derm about other options.

Good luck to you!!

side effects are so untrue... yes u do get them , like occasion headache or chapped lips but who cares? if u dun get on tane u get permanent dmg to ur face. lower dose or average dose wont do much harm, get ur blood tested every month.

side effects are so untrue... yes u do get them , like occasion headache or chapped lips but who cares? if u dun get on tane u get permanent dmg to ur face. lower dose or average dose wont do much harm, get ur blood tested every month.

its been reported that accutane has side effects years afterwards, so many of you wont get it right now, i dont know exactly how accutane works, whether its an antibiotic to be ingested or some kind of topical ointment, but i dont think i would try accutane until im really bad off, i recommend Benzoyl Peroxide and moisturizer after washing with BP.

Try sleeping facing upwards, though i know once your a sleep you will tend to roll over, it looks like its severe, can you think back to anything you might have done that caused it? any sudden change in diet? lifestyle? do you stress a lot? exams?

Some of those almost look like hives. Regardless of what some say, I think that the acne bacteria is slightly contagious, that is why we tend to get spots/ pimples in the same area. I would become a clean freak and bleach your pillowcases and change them everynight. Don't use conditioner and try not to touch your face unless washing. You may want to try sleeping in gloves. I use a product called Herpanacine. It's around 26.00 a bottle for 100. While I'm not sure it would help severe cases, it seems to help a mild breakout. I was told years ago by an esthesian it is similar to a herbal accutane with zero side effects. You can find it at alot of heath food stores. Seems to dry out the skin but help it heal as well. I've been taking it for years. It may be worth it to try it along with some B.P. I found that using the B.P. with warm water helps it to absorb better in the skin and caught early, sometimes reduces almost completely some smaller, just starting out blemishes. What I do is take a q-tip, this may not be necessary since you have a larger area to treat. Possibly a cotton ball may work, get the hottest water you can stand out of the tap, saturate the cotton ball with hot water and B.P, then hold it to or compress it to the area without pressing too hard. Let it form a paste and dry on the skin and then just go to bed. Be sure to apply a moisturizer under the eyes. I hope this may help. At least if you can afford accutane, at least try some antibiotics since they are normally fairly cheap. I would beg your parents to consider accutane since you do not want to be dealing with alot of scars later in in life. P.S. Don't forget about bleaching your pillowcases (white ones) and changing evernight.

I had worse and am almost clear a five years later, don't lose hope.

but that isnt the only problem, my parents are too scared of its side effects and think something will happen to me later in life lol :P and i think sleeping at night i scratch my face unconsciously, or something, and thats doing major damage.. does anyone know how to prevent this? =.= sigh..

get some oven mits, (make sure thier clean) or those other mits they make kids wear when they get chicken pox. that should help u at night.

and ya accutane can skrew u up really bad, thats y u gotta see a derm. to go on it. its illegal if ur not being monitored while on it.

its been reported that accutane has side effects years afterwards, so many of you wont get it right now, i dont know exactly how accutane works, whether its an antibiotic to be ingested or some kind of topical ointment, but i dont think i would try accutane until im really bad off, i recommend Benzoyl Peroxide and moisturizer after washing with BP.

Try sleeping facing upwards, though i know once your a sleep you will tend to roll over, it looks like its severe, can you think back to anything you might have done that caused it? any sudden change in diet? lifestyle? do you stress a lot? exams?

they arent fake, I myself went thru depression, and had a few mental problems coming off of accutane ( guilty about nuthing, had a hard time concentrating, i just wasnt myself. not to mention the migranes while on it. it did work great though except 4 tha madd head aches (caused by increase preasure in the brain, also a dangerous side effect.) not to scare n-e one. we're all different, so the side effects may be minor.

in england there are 2 ways i know to get free roaccutane prescriptions

1) If your 16 years of age or younger

2) go on benefits (job seekers allowace) you get all presriptions freeand health stuff free

If you can't do that i would suggest sorting your diet out if you haven't already. Don't eat any junk food and drink lots of water.

alos dont wash your face too many times just once or twice a day and dont use too many products on your skin or it will make them worse.

dude... check out this site. its free and asks no money. all u need is determination and discipline. ive been on it for about a month and am seeing good results. give it a try bro, u have nothing to lose 'cept ur acne.

http://www.waisays.com/index.html

good luck bro!

THE FIRST RESPONSE SAID IT ALL DO THIS< DON"T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY WITH ANYTHING ELSE< LIKE I DID> SERIOUSLY I WANT TO HEAR HOW GOOD IT WORKS FOR YOU>>>>

My advice is for you to get on accutane. As you say, you don't have the money, but what about your parent's, relative, anyone. I would sit one or all of them down to say how absolutely important this is to your total well-being. Maybe, you can do chores, mow the grass, whatever. I think it is worth the effort. I have suffered from acne for years and it slowly eats away at you, making you less confident, more depressed. My only regret is not starting accutane treatment earlier in my life. Go for it! Ask your family for help!