Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
loulou22

facewash uk

Hi what soap/facewash are all you guys in the uk using and have good results with.

I have been using dove sensitive soap but think it may be causing my clogged pores so am looking to change but want to make sure it is a decent one.

Thanks

neowm! fast reply time hehe

I use either Act cleansing bar from boots (some claim it to be drying) i personally dont think it is

or biore pore perfect shine control cream wash

that one is VERY mild an feels good on the skin!

neowm! fast reply time hehe

I use either Act cleansing bar from boots (some claim it to be drying) i personally dont think it is

or biore pore perfect shine control cream wash

that one is VERY mild an feels good on the skin!

Very fast reply, haha,thanks.

na but seriously if u go in2 boots i wud defo recomend at least trying the act bar

its only like £2 an wil last u aslong as it has be (since before xmas LOL)

its worth a try loulou, plus that alone cleared my cheeks up! i dont bp my cheeks jus was with act !

na but seriously if u go in2 boots i wud defo recomend at least trying the act bar

its only like £2 an wil last u aslong as it has be (since before xmas LOL)

its worth a try loulou, plus that alone cleared my cheeks up! i dont bp my cheeks jus was with act !

Cool i might do but am actually looking for a face wash more so than a bar and one that takes of make up all in one.

But everything seems to have clogging ingredients in grrrr

then chose biore pore perfect

Thats a sorta gel like a showergel is

but made for face

an its non pore clogging etc etc!

i used it for around 3months an cudnt fault it

but i switched to ACT coz i needed a shaving foam taht i cud only make from a cleansing bar

I like Dove soap and Pears soap, I'm currently using the new Dove with Green tea and cucumber to soothe the skin.

I've used most face washes available in boots, and I dont think theres anything any of them can do that Dove and Pears can't, they both remove makeup.

Ok thanks guys,its just from that list of clogging ingredients that was posted on here a while ago seems everything i can find has the bad stuff in,even simple products.

Oh well maybe i shud continue with dove until 3 months at least,just hate the way this regimen has made my skin. But it has stopped any nasties so will continue.

Hey Lou, I see your regimen is similar to mine, I also use Quinoderm 5%, I really like it.

I use the new Dove soap bar with green tea and cucumber.

I don't use Eucerun because it makes me so shiney which is a big pet hate, almost as much as spots ;)

Hey Lou, I see your regimen is similar to mine, I also use Quinoderm 5%, I really like it.

I use the new Dove soap bar with green tea and cucumber.

I don't use Eucerun because it makes me so shiney which is a big pet hate, almost as much as spots ;)

Hiya,

I dont get shiney really so eucerin is really good for me.

I like quinoderm too it is cheap and works well. But i really want to start using normal stuff on my skin again without any bp,because i have heard that bp wont do anything for clogged pored or whatever these little under the skin things r,but am scared i will break out like before if i stop.

Do you think it is safe to maybe use a facewash with salycic acid in as that is meant to unclog pores isnt it?

It depends how sensetive your skin is, if its super sensetive a SA cleanser might break you out.

I've not found a face wash yet that is much good at unclogging pores, I've paid £30 for face washes and they have done nothing that my £0.59 Dove bar does.

If you stop using BP, you will break out, it's more a prevention than a cure.