Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had moderate acne since I was a teenager and tried everything possible to clear it up, from home remedies to the pill to murad. I finally went to a derm in college and he perscribed doxy to me, an antibiotic you take by mouth. It's cheap, like $24 for a three month supply. I don't know why I didn't go there in the first place. It cleared up my skin in a month completely and didn't cause any irritation or cause more pimples. Give it a shot, I've been on it for a year and have had about three small zits since. So everyone should stop stressing over trying to find cheap stuff in stores that end up not working, because it will eventually add up to a lot of money...so just try it. Oh, and if you want to get a topical antibiotic along with it, get differin gel. I used that in the beginning with it, but stopped after 2 months, and I've been fine with just the capsule ever since. :lol:

I've been on 100mg doxycycline for 6 months...and yeah this stuff is awesome. My only problem is it does sweet nothing for oily skin...grr. I experienced no side-effects at all so my derm put me up to 200mg/day some days of the week but i think i should be trying to ween myself off it. I'm so paranoid if i miss one capsule all hell will break loose. Anyways i guess my acne was persistent because it has taken maybe 4/5 months to see proper good results and now my skin is really good everyday! I definately had some shitty initial breakout from doxy but it's all good if you stick with it.

I've had moderate acne since I was a teenager and tried everything possible to clear it up, from home remedies to the pill to murad. I finally went to a derm in college and he perscribed doxy to me, an antibiotic you take by mouth. It's cheap, like $24 for a three month supply. I don't know why I didn't go there in the first place. It cleared up my skin in a month completely and didn't cause any irritation or cause more pimples. Give it a shot, I've been on it for a year and have had about three small zits since. So everyone should stop stressing over trying to find cheap stuff in stores that end up not working, because it will eventually add up to a lot of money...so just try it. Oh, and if you want to get a topical antibiotic along with it, get differin gel. I used that in the beginning with it, but stopped after 2 months, and I've been fine with just the capsule ever since. :lol:

yeah i have been on doxycycline before if i remember..... BUT i can not remember what the results were because i have been on sooo many different medications over the years that its all become a blur to me as to what works best. i would like to go back on this again because the tablets im on now have become amune to my skin. i would also love to have laser treatment. if i was to do so i think i would only need one treatment so it wouldnt cost all that much :D.

hmmmm am going to ring my doctor now to book an appoinment to get some different medication.