Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

oh my god! i have just had such a humiliating day! thought i would share it with youas only people who really understand..

i went off to the post office this morning,standing in the huge queue,when the old man in front of me,turns round,and say..."what happened to your face? were you in a fire? ? youve got lots of scars havent you???"

GOD!!! i could have died!

the worst thing is ,i thought my skin was looking much better today!!

i felt so humiliated! i really could have cried..

i didnt know what to say...i just mumbled and he shuffled off...

other people in the queue looked embarassed too...

what a day!

Ugh, old people..

It reminds me of when I went around my nan and grandads a few christmases ago (havnt been much since) lol, and my grandad in front of all the family was like 'come here and let me look at your face.. what happened? you look like you've been in a fight..' and he kept trying to get a closer look at my face and everyone was watching it was sooo embarassing.. & he just kept going on about it for ages..I dont think he had his glasses on so couldnt tell what was up with my face! and then my lil cousins kept trying to give me there toys to show me and I just wasnt in the mood cause everyone was just staring at me, my friend was with me too.. it was so horrible! I didnt even go with make-up on because I didnt have time and I was trying to be normal and not be like 'Im not going' because of my skin. But I wish I hadnt gone.

Oh, and now I do say 'Im Not Going!' when i don't have time to do my make-up! I dont step out the door without it, ever.

Not to stereotype, but most old people i run into are conservative idiots. They probably still think fast food, and chocolate cause acne. Thats pretty rude to just ask someone you dont know "were you in a fire with all those scars". i would tell you to set him straight, but its probably no use old people once thye believe something all their life they wont even hear of another way of doing things.

Old peopel dont listen to yougner peopel becasue they think they know everything. They have no patience for us youngsters.

He probably could not even see that well to begin with. Some old people are not all there. They're like children. So don't pay too much attention.

Since it's your first post I don't know if you are seeing a dermatologist or not. If you are hang in there, it will get better and you won't have to go through that (I had something similar but with children) and if you are not, please, please, please see one. overthecounter products are not for people w/ moderate or severe acne.

I was so embarrased of my acne that I didn't even want to see a derm. When I finally did, staying in the waiting room was so difficult for me I took my Gameboy to distract myself(I never play that, but just imagine my state of mind) I never saw anybody w/ worse acne at that office. Now my skin is clear & trust me the chances of your acne clearing w/ prescription drugs are very high.

Next time you will be ready.

You could have replied something like - 'Yeah, and it was a big one. But don't worry, pal, they will heal. Shame I cannot say the same about your stupidity.'

I was so embarrased of my acne that I didn't even want to see a derm. When I finally did, staying in the waiting room was so difficult for me I took my Gameboy to distract myself(I never play that, but just imagine my state of mind) I never saw anybody w/ worse acne at that office.

sorry he said that shit...id just put it down to a silly old man not knowing any better...i mean even if someone was in a fire, what kinf of dick goes and asks that kind of question out loud in public?

i seriosuly doubt u do...ppl can be assholes but all we can do is bcome stronger and know not evryone is like that old man in the post office...im sure there will be another day when someone will tell u how attractie u are...

like me with all my acne b4 and some guy lokoed at me and asked me what happeend to my face, did i have a rash? even told me to go home now and look at it..lol..asshole..othr ppl still found me attractive though..and now 4 years since that happeend and time to heal, accutane..that time has no passed..and it will eventually for u too..

oh my god! i have just had such a humiliating day! thought i would share it with youas only people who really understand..

i went off to the post office this morning,standing in the huge queue,when the old man in front of me,turns round,and say..."what happened to your face? were you in a fire? ? youve got lots of scars havent you???"

GOD!!! i could have died!

the worst thing is ,i thought my skin was looking much better today!!

i felt so humiliated! i really could have cried..

i didnt know what to say...i just mumbled and he shuffled off...

other people in the queue looked embarassed too...

what a day!

aw i'm sorry that happened to you... i know you're taking it personally but please try not to.

Guest hopelessGuy

I have a couple of stories to add, it happend years ago when my face was lookin bad.

I was in the subway train once, sitting accross two old spanish ladies whom couldnt speak english, one of them was pointing at her face and pointing at mine speaking in spanish to me out loud where everyone could see and hear, I felt like crying. I was telling myself, "Geez lady, would ya stop it already"

The second incident was in an organic chemistry course I took, I helped some girl out with what was going to be on the final... next time she saw me, she thanked me and whipped out a little jar of Benzamide cream, she said use it for my face.

its all well and good to slag that old man off but he didn't do anything wrong, perhaps he just felt pity for this poor chap. its better to keep opinions to yourself sometimes but so many times i've wanted to talk to someone with acne and tell them about this site but rationality stops me as i know i would be hurt if someone suggested something like that to me.

Im sorry about your scars, they're worse than acne imo; i haven't found anything that works for them yet, i hope you come across something, and keep your chin up; nothing lasts forever

wow that is terrible... u know in all my life w/ acne ive never had anything embarrassing like that

happening to me... a few stares and a few snickers but nothing that major... wishing there was a cure for acne

lol

hello thankyou for all your kind replies,im feeling much better today,and putting it into perspective! will keep my head down in future!

i have been suffering with cystic acne for about 18 months(im 34)its moderate on a good day,to severe on a bad day!

its the kind that is leaving dark red marks rather than scars.i have seen a dermatologist who has recommended me to go onto rouaccutane.

im still trying to research as much as i can about the side effects,before i make my mind up to take it..

i have suffered anxiety,panic attacks in the past and im terrified taking roaccutane could cause a return to this.

any advice gratfully recieved

thanks again*