Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
floss

Hyalauronic acid supplements

There are a couple of old threads on this topic but they don't seem to come to any conclusions. Has anyone tried taking these supplements to increase collagen and repair the dermis? Or have any opinions on whether they're a good idea?

I've got some glucosamine supplements which help the body produce its own hyalauronic acid apparently, but wonder if taking supplements of the acid itself would be any better.

i tried hyaluronic acid supplements, called hydraplenish, i wished i had never taken those. i would stay away from that type. for some reason it made my pores visible, which werent visible before, which is very irritating. After taking a one months supply, it caused hard white fibrous stringy looking (dont know what its called) things to come out of my skin, which opened up my pores, now they seem to be in a perpetual open state. im sure others might have gotten a positive response, but as from my personal experience, i'd never take them again.

I never took these in an attempt to rebuild collagen, but I have taken them as a simple way of helping my skin stay smooth and moist during the dry season, rather than putting lotion on my entire body. It's worked pretty well for me at doing that, but it does seem that one retains water a bit while taking it. That doesn't much matter for me since I'm pretty lean anyway and it just makes me look normal-sized instead of skinny, but if you're self-conscious about weight, you might want to avoid it.

I never experienced anything like what the above poster described. All that's happened with me is that my skin stays more moist and supple and I generally become a little plumper. There is no noticeable difference in either my pores or scars.

That's interesting cos i'm way too skinny any would really like to put on some weight. Whereabouts did it put it on though?