Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
(eLLe)

i think i figured out the main contributor to my acne

POOR SLEEPING!!! if i don't get my beauty sleep (11pm-1am) and/or i don't sleep a full 9 hours, i wake up looking really blotchy and tired-looking with gigantic pores. when i get stressed out and don't get to bed till like 3pm for a couple of days, i always break out. it's exam time right now, hence poor sleeping, and i'm breaking out like hell, it's unbelievable, it hasn't been this bad for months.

i went to my exams last week and saw a lot of people with shitty skin right now, worse than usual at least. :think:

do you think it's a valid cause?

I've been told by Mr McAckhnaughtenson that lack of sleep can in some cases make the person more prone to acne or easier to have acne.

I'm not too sure is Mr McAckhnaughtenson a reliable person though. It's been said that he brought back the 'biff', whatever that means.

In my opinion though, I believe you might be right. During examination time over here, there seems to be quite a few people (the ones with really less pimples), having more pimples than before. I know because I counted (kill nerves before the exams by counting peoples' pimples).

Do try and get some sleep m'lady, it is beneficial and plus you will remember more than you can if you have a late night studying.

Hope this makes sense old chum.

Maybe but that sure as hell aint the reason to my skinproblem unless I need to sleep even more, I sleep between 9-11 hours/night.

That is correct in my case. Sleeping affects my acne very much. I know that for 1 year now but it is very hard to go to bed in 10:30-11pm every day and woke up in 7:30 top.

It takes 2 weeks before I can notice any diference but it works, my face goes 30% better.

I've been told by Mr McAckhnaughtenson that lack of sleep can in some cases make the person more prone to acne or easier to have acne.

I'm not too sure is Mr McAckhnaughtenson a reliable person though. It's been said that he brought back the 'biff', whatever that means.

In my opinion though, I believe you might be right. During examination time over here, there seems to be quite a few people (the ones with really less pimples), having more pimples than before. I know because I counted (kill nerves before the exams by counting peoples' pimples).

Do try and get some sleep m'lady, it is beneficial and plus you will remember more than you can if you have a late night studying.

Hope this makes sense old chum.

hehe, thanks a lot. the counting pimple part was errrrr...... interesting. :D

Maybe but that sure as hell aint the reason to my skinproblem unless I need to sleep even more, I sleep between 9-11 hours/night.

yes, but are you getting ur beauty sleep? from 11 to 1?

At the end of the day there's people out there who have 0 spots and go to bet at 2 in the morning.

true. unfortunately, we don't belong in that bunch. :(

That is correct in my case. Sleeping affects my acne very much. I know that for 1 year now but it is very hard to go to bed in 10:30-11pm every day and woke up in 7:30 top.

It takes 2 weeks before I can notice any diference but it works, my face goes 30% better.

i hear ya. once i start sleeping late, it's almost like i'm addicted. i can't fall asleep any earlier. right now it's 1am, and i'm sorta tired, but my brain doesn't want me to sleep. :wacko::wacko:

changing my lifestyle totally affects my skin. i tried this once for a week: getting really good sleeps, glass of warm milk before bed (supposedly helps skin), and lots water, fruits, and veggies during the day. in like 3 days, my skin was literally glowing. but it takes a lot of will power to do this, esp. sleeping early for me. i'm addicted to sleeping late. oy.

POOR SLEEPING!!! if i don't get my beauty sleep (11pm-1am) and/or i don't sleep a full 9 hours, i wake up looking really blotchy and tired-looking with gigantic pores. when i get stressed out and don't get to bed till like 3pm for a couple of days, i always break out. it's exam time right now, hence poor sleeping, and i'm breaking out like hell, it's unbelievable, it hasn't been this bad for months.

i went to my exams last week and saw a lot of people with shitty skin right now, worse than usual at least. :think:

do you think it's a valid cause?

yup! Sleep is very important for many reasons but one of which is healthier skin.

I can always notice that my skin looks bad after lack of sleep. My skin gets oiler, and redder, and my makeup doesn't go on very nicely.

I get about 7 and a half hours sleep a night, but if I get 8-9 hours I feel great. It's just it takes ages for me to get to sleep, esp if I worry bout things.

Wait..I thought milk is not good for your skin..

That does not apply to everyone. Milk and milk-based products have no visible effect on my skin.

Not sleeping enough does not directly equal acne for me, but it does result in dull, saggy, tired-looking skin ... which is nearly as bad ....

Wait..I thought milk is not good for your skin..

hmm, on the contrary, i heard that it's good for skin (not from this site, i know many pple on acne.org say dairy is bad). but then again, everything in moderation is good for health, gotta get all ur fats, proteins, and carbs, etc. etc. well, at least milk doesn't worsen my skin. warm milk before bed helps me sleep better. no cold milk though, not ever. a chinese herbal doctor told me that girls should stay away from cold things. hehe, go figure. i don't know how valid this claim is, but i'm not willing to take my chances. bsides, i like warm milk anyways. :D

yup! Sleep is very important for many reasons but one of which is healthier skin.

:clap::clap:

I can always notice that my skin looks bad after lack of sleep. My skin gets oiler, and redder, and my makeup doesn't go on very nicely.

I get about 7 and a half hours sleep a night, but if I get 8-9 hours I feel great. It's just it takes ages for me to get to sleep, esp if I worry bout things.

exactly. me too. for me, it looks worse than having pimples. haha.

Not sleeping enough does not directly equal acne for me, but it does result in dull, saggy, tired-looking skin ... which is nearly as bad ....

yea, i know what you mean. :wall::wall: