Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MultiMia

Mineral makeup is making my face itch...Why?

Just when I thought I found the perfect foundation I start to have a problem. The last few days that Ive been using the Pure Luxe foundation my face has been itchy while applying it and for a few minutes after. At first I tried to ignore it b/c I didnt want to admit that this great makeup wasnt as great as I thought. My face is not red or irritated in any other way. What could it be in the makeup thats making me itchy?

Here are the ingredients...Foundation - Titanium dioxide, sericite,kaolin, iron oxide, mica, and zinc oxide

Anyone? Im so frustrated. :wall:

Theres nothing really in there that's known as an irritating product, it could just be your skin getting used to it, how many times have you used it? Sometimes it can just be your skin getting used to it, and it will stop in a few days.

It could be the mica, some people can be allergic to it. But, I had the same problem with my mineral makeup at first. The first few times I wore my Bare Minerals my face was a little itchy for a few minutes after applying, but then it went away. The itching wasnt unbearable though, and its not bothering me anymore. It never caused any real irritation, rashes, redness, or breakouts, and since it stopped now Im now worried about it. But, if its really bothering you, I would look for one that doesnt contain mica and give that a shot.

Ive been using this makeup for, hmmm, almost a month now. I dont know, its weird. Today there was no itching. I really dont want to wake up one day with a huge rash, thats my luck.

I think I'll start to check out some other makeups w/o mica and get samples.

Thanks guys!

Just when I thought I found the perfect foundation I start to have a problem. The last few days that Ive been using the Pure Luxe foundation my face has been itchy while applying it and for a few minutes after. At first I tried to ignore it b/c I didnt want to admit that this great makeup wasnt as great as I thought. My face is not red or irritated in any other way. What could it be in the makeup thats making me itchy?

Here are the ingredients...Foundation - Titanium dioxide, sericite,kaolin, iron oxide, mica, and zinc oxide

Anyone? Im so frustrated. :wall:

The likely culprit is the kaolin. Everyone's skin is different and has different tolerance levels, but kaolin tends to tighten & dry the skin, which can itch. Try a make-up with less (or zero) kaolin and the itching should go away. Other ingredients that are known to cause itching in mineral make-up would be grapeseed oil & bismuth oxychloride.

While many people are sensitive to mica, mica wouldn't make you itch unless you had an allergy to it, it would only make you break out or give you redness (not to mention it can look oily), which is why I believe acne prone skin should stay away from it.