Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erox

Going to Accutane from Doxycycline

Could you go right from being on Doxycycline to going on Accutane or do you need to wait a bit inbetween? Also if I only have a few pimples now from how bad it was before, do you think it'd get worse if I go start accutane again?

Its difficult to say if you will have an initial breakout or not. I used doxycycline for 3 weeks. It did nothing during that time ( I know its too short to see the real results) and broke me out on my back and my cheeks. After 3 days of quiting doxy I took my first pills of tane. Don't think its wrong or smth.

i took accutane day after my last doxy....on doxy 3 mounth by the way, nuthing!!!!

Generally, if you start accutane directly after a course of antibiotics you will really avoid most of the IB. It has happened to several friends of mine. If anything, I would recommend it. But ask your derm - I'm not sure if it's totally safe. It SHOULD be... but you never know!