Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BFGUITAR

Peeling off dry skin while on tane...

I have alot of dry skin around my mouth. Most of teh piecesa re quite large adn can be pulled off. Is this a good idea?

Moisturizer doesnt cut it anymore. I have to reapply ever hour to keep it looking half decent. I dont know what to do anymore.

Please help! :boohoo:

im wondering the same thing. Since i got upped to 60 mg i have been having more dryness. And the WEIRDEST thing happened. I put aloe vera on, then tried to wipe the excess off and it stuck to my skin and peeled it off for me. I didnt feel any irritation so i think its safe, just dont do it until u get red or anything. Take a napkin/toilet paper and just rub gently on the dry spots until all the big pieces come off so they dont resurface after moisturizing.

Don't do it!

Just keep moisturizing/chapsticking until all the dead skin comes off on its own. My worst picking was right at the beginning of the course when I constantly picked the dead skin out of the corners of my mouth and ended up with perma-redness there. It was terrible! But I finally quit and now I have no dead/dry skin there. Your body will heal itself if you'll let it!

don't do it!! it'll just look worse. first of all, for me at least, for each peelie that i peel off, 3 more arrive in its place and next thing you know you've been sitting in front of the mirror for an hour just peeling skin and it looks no better than it did when you started. which brings me to point two. it'll give you the lovely cancer patient with aids look - random red spots of raw skin and scabs all over.

my uncontrollable dry skin comes and goes, it'll get better i promise! also, make sure to exfoliate gently it'll help a lot.