Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crashoverride64

Red bumps on back of arm Please help

Hi. I am a 19 year old male. A few days ago, I looked at the back of my arm(from shoulder to elbow) and I was kind of shocked. I have these small red bumps (mostly scars now) interspersed with a couple of what looks like pimples. Is this acne? I don't really get acne on my face anymore so this is really weird.

Ive been putting lots of Dan's BP on it for the past 2 days (twice a day). Will this help? Does anyone else have this? Should I see a dermatologist? Man this sucks, I finally beat acne a several months ago and now this. Also, it is much much worse on the back of my right arm than my left. Thanks in advance.

-Crash

My roommate has this very same thing. They aren't itchy or anything, they are just red, pimple like bumps on the back of her arm. I went on a site and diagnosed her myself (I unfortunately can't remember what it is called), but they said a moisturizer with urea, like Eucerin, will help. She says that it works for her, but it takes a little while before it really starts to clear up.

its called keratosis pilaris. there is not cure for it and it sucks.

I've had it all my life. On upper arms and legs, I can control it by shaving; on my butt I use a loofah or a sugar scrub in the shower, then a lotion called AmLactin (?) ... it's 12% lactic acid. I found it at the drugstore.

Tanning helps too (but you didn't hear that from me).

All this does is control it, at best, and make my skin smooth to the touch. You can still see the spots unless I have a tan.

KP never, ever goes away. :(

its called keratosis pilaris. there is not cure for it and it sucks.

For a proper diagnosis, see your doc. But is sure sounds like keratosis pilaris. I've got it as well and control it with AmLactin and mild exfoliation. Body lotions with BHAs also work to an extent.

I just read in Health magazine about another product formulated especially for keratosis pilaris ... it's called KP Duty. It is another lactic acid lotion, but stronger than the AmLactin, and it contains urea as well for extra skin softening.

I think I might give it a try ... will let you guys know what I think!