Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone try it? I'm too ebarassed to get the bp stuff, but I found some Dettol kicking around the house.

It burns like a son of a bitch if you don't dillute it, but I'm getting fast results. Second day, washing once in the morning with it, and once at night, and I've really cleared up. It burns really really bad, and it dries out your skin a bit, but I don't even feel the need for mosturizer. Smells like pine sol though, which my g/f thinks is a bit odd.

For those that don't know what Dettol is, its a hardcore antiseptic. Our sewer backed up last year, and they cleaned the basement with it. It has a poison symbol on it, but it says it can be used to treat blemishes on the label.

um, are you serious?

So your saying your embarrased to try benzoyl peroxide but instead your using an ingredient used to declog sewers? Man, that's just crazy! Try the regimen! It works just fine. I seriously don't see any need for you to use Dettol unless its working for you and it keeps the breakouts away, but USE A MOISTURIZER! It definately helps and your skin will love it! Even if your skin is a LITTLE bit dry, your skin could use moisturizer. A soft face is great to have.

Edit: Id definately be embarrased to be using a product that has a poison symbol on it, IMHO. But hey, whatever works for you is just fime. :D

8-[ did you REALLY use Dettol? Christ... order the bp off the net or get a family member to go buy it... that sounds a teeny weeny bit nuts using Dettol... :-k

Guest fatman_uk

I've used the savlon version of the Dettol kinda stuff... i think he's on about the antiseptic fluid... not the drain bleach stuff.

Bit like TCP, yeah?

-Gaz

Haha, family member? Fuuuuck, that'd be the last person to ask! I'm extremely distant from my family, I hate talking to them, and so forth. I'm an extremely closed in sorta person. It's also about getting the initiative to go and get some, otherwise I'd get my g/f to get some for me. I'm lazy, and Dettol was readily available. I've gotten used to the extreme burning now. Only lasts a few minutes, and then it goes away. But holy crap am I impressed!!