Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tinman

tinman's tin-log

This is weird... You would think that you wouldn't get any more so often.

Man, you are doing well on the regimen and you're a funny writer. Good job, hehe. I like how you name spots. lol.

Hello again, loveuforever57, and thanks for popping by my tin-log. :wavey:

Yup, it's weird all right. A better couple of words might be f*^%!ng annoying, lol. :)

Then again, on another thread, someone was talking about mild/moderate/severe acne, and by their definition, I suffer from severe acne due to the size of my spots rather than the quantity. What I call a red bump someone else might call a cyst. I reserve "cyst" for the truly awful 3/4inch or bigger spots which feel buried at least 1/4inch under my skin. :nuke:

Yeah, naming spots is useful because it's a lot easier than saying "that spot on the left, the big one from two days ago, not to be confused with...". It also of course allows me to work out quickly how many "bad" spots I've had since beginning the regimen (well, since I started naming anyway): so far, 13. Lucky for some. Not for me though. :(

I've noticed that Panoxyl or whatever seems to irritate people who have been using it. Maybe that could be part of it.

Yeah. I think that naming thing is a lot easier too. I might just do it to remember better.

I hope PanOxyl was part of the problem, since I've not been using it for several days now. :)

Week 10, Day 5 :wall:

-------------------

Reality Check:

Well, I decided to waste some time and chart my CSR progress in Excel. There are a few things I noticed:

1. Something freaky happened on 26th May, and I added an extra day, so today is really week 10, day 5, not day 6!! No, I am not editing all my old posts. Live with it. :lol:

2. I am actually only 67 full days into the regimen, which is much closer to two months than three - so it is still "early days". :)

3. OTOH, including the "unnamed" spots, I am totalling 20 "nasty" spots since starting the regimen, or 2.1 per week. A chart shows that this is not levelling off at all. :( In fact, since 30th May I've been averaging 3 new spots per week. :wall:

However, aside from the nasty spots, and the red marks, my skin *does* look better than I remember it being, and the life-cycle of my spots seems to have decreased a lot under the CSR too. :) Yet I am convinced that the BP has less of an effect on upcoming spots these days. In the early days, if you recall, some spots would vanish overnight thanks to the BP. No longer it seems. :(

As of today:

New spot slap-bang in middle of right cheek: Nobby. :wall: Nobby isn't that big (yet), but he's quite red. :(

I have two nasty active spots on my upper neck, in close proximity. They have each let out a ton of gunk. :(

Murray is a nasty red mark. :(

Larry is a red mark, faded but still very visible. :(

Clive is a tiny dark red mark, maybe 2mm in diameter. :(

Ugh. :injured:

I think that since my acne wasn't as bad as yours that I won't have to worry so much about getting pimples all of the time. Maybe you will start to see more improvement.

Yeah, you should be absolutely fine, loveuforever57. :) Your acne does sound better than mine. Swap? :lol:

Week 10, Day 6 :|

------------------

...I think that at least half of my spot problems are down to trapped/ingrowing hairs. Not mentioned this before, but for the last ten days or so I've been shaving every day to see if that made a difference, but no.

So what I'm going to do now is to stop shaving, and use a trimmer on my stubble. I think I probably looks better with stubble anyway. If I can get back down to one bad spot a week or better, that would be great.

Case in point: the two nasty spots on my neck were down to ingrowing hairs. I extracted the hairs, and they were very long, and had beads of gunk all around them (ugh! :sick: ). But now they're red marks, and seem to be clearing fast. :)

Current state of face then:

Nobby: not much improvement; still active, but not half as bad as some of the others I've had recently. I'm hoping he'll surface properly by this evening.

Murray is a red mark, fading a little.

Larry, Clive: no appreciable change. :|

wow, you have really found the right thing for you!! That's good news! Well for me, I would say I tried being on bp and it kinda made it worse A LOT WORSE!! Sigh now I am on Bio essence products. Seen minor improvements though... (crossing fingers)

Karishma: welcome to my log. :):wavey:

Yes, it's working for me - not perfectly, but hopefully I'm getting there. How long did you try BP for? Anyway, I'm glad your new regimen is showing some results. :)

Week 10, Day 7 :)

-------------------

No new spots. :)

Nobby is being very slow to surface. He has lost a ring of skin, so he is getting there slowly. Thankfully the redness from him is minimal.

No real improvement with red marks today.

Week 11, Day 1 :)

-------------------

Larry has just about vanished. :)

Murray is fading slowly. :) Clive is not. :D

Nobby was unchanged again last night, still no clear head. I decided that enough was enough, so I carefully poked him and drained him, and as of this morning he's a red scar - more visible than before, but at least he should begin to heal now. :)

Week 11, Day 2 :D

-------------------

All I have now are fading red marks, and most of them aren't noticable (esp. with my thick stubble). :D

Ah, I savour days like this. :dance:

Week 11, Day 3 :D

-------------------

Oh, the pain! The pain, that is, of no longer having anything interesting to say! The pain of not being able to make anyone feel better about their own problems by reading about mine! :dance:

Week 11, Day 4 :dance:

-------------------

No new spots. :D

Yesterday, my new trimmer finally arrived. Charged it. This morning, I tried it out, to keep my stubble short. This, as you may or may not remember, is a change made to avoid the ingrowing hairs caused by shaving.

Well, it worked. :) However, the trimmer felt a little rough on my face - hopefully it won't irritate my skin too much. Think I will use it in the shower only from now on (it's fully waterproof).

Hope everyone is having as good a day as me! :)

Hey Tinman cool log, I see your using Banana Boat Sport Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 what is that like I need a Sunscreen and this seems to tick all the boxes so Is it any good?And is the Gillette Series Ultra Comfort Shave Gel any good Im using Sanex for men shave gel but it seems to break me out.

Hi there, y2kbos1987. :) I have zero complaints about the Banana Boat sunscreen. It doesn't break me out, it does its job well, and it doesn't smell either. And when you apply it, it actually seems to lighten my face a little too.

As for the Gillette gel, I liked it better than other gels/foams I've tried in the past. Do a search for jojoba oil and you'll see people think quite highly of it. I don't *think* the gel contributed to my acne, but YMMV. :)

I've given up shaving now though in favour of stubble and clippers.

Week 11, Day 5 :dance:

-------------------

No new spots. :dance:

I currently have three "fading-but-visible" red marks: Clive, Murray and Nobby. To help speed them on their way, I am trying Bio Oil, as recommended in this thread.

In other words, I'm declaring War On Clive! :box:

I dabbed some bio-oil on Clive and the others last night, and gently rubbed it in. The stuff smells foul, btw. This morning, not sure if there was any improvement, but it didn't break me out either, so I'll keep using it, and see over the next few weeks whether Clive has finally met his match. :turtle:

Week 11, Day 6 :dance:

-------------------

Do I have to say it? :P

Since starting the regimen, this is now my longest period of time without any new spots. Long may it last! :cool:

The Bio-Oil certainly isn't an overnight cure for red marks - but I'm giving it time. My skin looks great from a reasonable distance away. :)

Your log is an inspiration to me as you just keep going even though you got quite bad breakouts even in week 8!

I'm going to have to follow your lead I think as my skin is being a stubborn ass about it too but is still improving slowly.

Plus you name your spots, thats just funny :lol:

Hi, Varden! Cheers for your comments. :) Keeping track of my skin with a log (and an Excel sheet lol) does help a lot.

I think Dan's "What to expect" page is a little too optimistic for some of us. :(

I'm now 76 days in, or 2.5 months. I always said I'd give the CSR at least 3 months to work. It's certainly made a difference. I still doubt I'll be 100% clear at the end, but what are my alternatives? I'm 29. My dad had the same sort of acne into his 50's. I don't want to be on antibiotics all my life, or suffer the side-effects of 'tane. So I'm on the CSR long-term. 8 weeks is relatively nothing. :) So, good luck to you, and I hope you have many good weeks like my week 11. :)

Week 12, Day 1 :)

-------------------

Well, I'm still smiling, even if I do have a new spot on my LHS, about an inch from my mouth. I'll call him Oliver. He's not much right now, but he has some gunk in him, so I might as well give him some fame here. He's formed right under a hair, so extracting that hair should clear him up in no time. I'll do that tonight, if the BP hasn't reduced him.

Otherwise, the status of my red marks is as follows:

Murray has pretty much disappeared for good. :)

Nobby has faded a lot. :)

Clive might have faded a little. :| Is the Bio-Oil working? I can't say for sure. The litmus on that, as far as I'm concerned, is whether Clive disappears for good within three weeks.

Week 12, Day 2 :)

-------------------

Oliver needed the hair extracted (in fact, two hairs). He's red but not particularly obvious, and I expect him to heal now.

In the middle of a heatwave here. :wall: Fortunately, I have a/c in one of my rooms, because as things stand the BP does *not* absorb if I'm applying it in my bathroom, due to the humidity and the fact that I'm sweating it right back. And that's after a cold shower too! Roll on winter! :P

Week 12, Day 3 :)

-------------------

Oliver: red scar. :(

Nobby: red mark about gone for good. :)

Clive: dark red mark still there, q small now though. :)

F$£%ing heatwave! :wall:

Hi again Aggy. :) For the benefit of the log, I've never been on antibiotics for my skin. Once I was put on Erythromycin for toothache, and it cleared me up pretty nicely over two weeks though, lol. :)

Week 12, Day 4 :D

-------------------

I'm really pleased about the condition of my skin at the moment. Oliver is fading fast, and Clive isn't bothering me at all. O happy days! :P