Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tinman

tinman's tin-log

Week 7, Day 7

-----------------

One of Gunther's potential "brothers" has surfaced. :( Horace. Horace is a red bump, not nearly as bad as Gunther was, but with quite a large area of redness around it. Gunther is now a red mark, and actually matches Horace in size and colour, despite being inactive.

I don't have to go out today, so I'm not panicking. Just praying that the BP will do its job ASAP. :pray:

Guest Sincerely_Me

Your log amuses me :)

I read in a previous post something along the lines of "That's what happens when you take a trip to London." That isn't something you hear everyday. Taking a trip to London. If I could say that once in my life I would be one of the happiest women alive. That is one of the things I must do before I die, visit London. I've never been out of the country before so money and stuff over there confuses me to no end! You get to visit LONDON...don't you ever think geeze, so many people would kill to do that?! I'm jealous of you.

Don't mind my rant.

Your log amuses me :)

Really? Aren't you sweet! :wub: It bores the socks off me. Still, things are getting a bit more interesting again...

That is one of the things I must do before I die, visit London.

Yeah, London's a fab city. I used to live there. I've been to Noo Joisey too. A place called White Plains - heard of it? :) Not much there, lol. The roads are all incredibly wide, as I recall. Some of them took me a good five minutes to cross by foot...

Week 8, Day 1

-----------------

Waaahhhhh! Not fair! I'm on week 8, and my skin is going into meltdown!

New spot on my forehead. I refuse to name it! I deny its existence!

Horace got a lot worse yesterday, as he surfaced properly. I drained him this morning (eugh!) and now hopefully he's just a red scar.

Meanwhile, Gunther lost a layer of dead skin, so he looks a little better. :)

Guest Sincerely_Me

New spot on my forehead. I refuse to name it! I deny its existence!

Hah! That was funny.

And actually, there isn't a White Plains, New Jersey...there is however a White Plains, New York, and yes, I've heard of it of course! :D

I can't believe you lived in London! How cool is that?! You still have cobblestone and everything. That's something you can find in New York City, but it just kind of disappears into everything and no one really cares. It doesn't fit NYC, it's far too busy. I've never been to London, but it seems like it's a little less ridiculous traffic and people wise than NYC. And maybe all the stuff I would think is cool, like the cobblestone even though that's small, and castles or whatever and beautiful structures disappear to you guys because you're so used to it. I would be so tourist-y, it's sick. I may go this summer, I'm dying to.

AND you know what I always thought was soooo cute? After losing family on 9/11, and seeing my friends lose brothers, sisters, parents...in some cases both, I was watching TV and apparently they (London) played our national anthem. I was like can you POSSIBLY be any sweeter? Nice people.

I need to go to London. I'm sure I'll be fine because I don't have any intentions on driving around (different side of the road, I'll get killed, lol) and I don't have to worry about people who don't speak English!

Hiya again Sincerely_Me,

I've replied to you properly in a PM! :)

We must maintain the tin-purity of this tin-log! :P

Week 8, Day 2 :xxx:

-----------------

From today I'm going to put smilies next to my log entry titles, so that all my busier readers don't have to waste their time with my insipid ramblings if they don't want to. You don't see this feature in other logs, do you. Oh no, you don't, by Jimminy, by Gum! :idea:

So, *sigh*, what's the latest?

I have a new spot. Well, more of a cyst, really. :( I'm calling him Igor. He is located just by Gunther and Horace. So, I have an equilateral triangle on my face. :injured:

Gunther is a red mark.

Horace is a scar, but still slightly active, apparently.

Not fair! I'm blaming the weather. It has suddenly got hotter and more humid, and I'm not sleeping so well either. Pfui!

But, some good news: the forehead spot I denied existence to yesterday has now vanished in reality! I wish that trick would work on a cheek spot. :(

Feeling very sorry for myself otherwise. Staying indoors today.

:boohoo:

Week 8, Day 3 :wall:

-----------------

Igor took all of yesterday to rise. It looks like Mount Etna. This morning there was the tiniest speck of white gunk at the summit. I decided to (very carefully) pierce the top, and drain the surfaced gunk away in order to relieve some of the tension and itchiness, and so I did. But there is more gunk underneath, so now I need to wait for that to arise. Was very liberal with the BP.

Horace is now fully dead; a red mark. Hooray.

That whole area though (about an inch in diameter) is bright red. Ugh. :(

Oh, and I have *another* new red bump - on my left cheek. But it's quite small, and may fade, and I'm denying its existence, dammit! :silenced:

Week 8, Day 4 :|

-----------------

I'm cautiously optimistic today.

Good news: :)

- Gunther is fading nicely

- Horace is fading a little

- Igor is almost completely flat

- That trouble area is also a lot less red.

Bad news: :(

- Igor is bright pink! All-new skin, I suppose. I'm naturally olive-tinted, so this stands out a mile and a half.

- Spot of my left cheek hasn't gone - no better, but no worse. So I'll give it a name, the little attention-seeker that it is: Jasper. :razz:

Week 8, Day 5 :)

-----------------

Hmm, this morning I was up a little early, so decided to do one of those "My Regimen" signatures that a few people around here seem to have. I'm linking products to websites (although I tend to buy most of the stuff on the high street) to help newbies locate supplies (at least, if they are in the UK). :)

But, anyway, it's a bit stressful on the ol' mouse wheel having all those lines in every single post I make, so I'm going to have a link to it in this post instead. :)

So, without further ado, here is my current regimen:

Morning:

steam face for 15 mins (every four days)

shave (Wilkinson Sword Extra II Sensitive razor; Gillette Ultra Comfort gel with jojoba oil)

every three-four days, trim stubble with beard trimmer (to prevent spots from in-growing hairs)

wash hands, then gently wash face (Cetaphil Non-Irritating Cleanser)

wait 5 mins

wash hands, then gently apply BP (Dan's CSR gel, one full finger)

wait 10-15 mins (get b/fast ready, tidy up)

wash hands, then gently moisturize (Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream)

if going outside, apply sunscreen (Banana Boat Sport SPF30)

Evening:

wash hands, then gently wash face (Cetaphil Non-Irritating Cleanser)

wait 5 mins

wash hands, then gently apply BP (Dan's CSR gel, one full finger)

wait 10-15 mins (check emails, AOB)

wash hands, then gently moisturize (Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream)

Backup BP: PanOxyl 2.5 gel for spot-treating emergencies. :)

P.S. Face today: steady improvement, no news. :)

Week 8, Day 6 :D

-----------------

Yes, no new spots! :)

And: Gunther, Horace and Igor are all fading very nicely indeed. :)

Clive, OTOH... I wondered whether Clive might actually have some trapped, well-hardened gunk still there which was causing the redness to persist, so I decided late yesterday to probe the area carefully with a clean (and BP-tipped!) needle. Stupid tin-headed mistake, lol. I'm about 50% sure there was a little stuff that came out that shouldn't have been there. But anyway, Clive is now redder than he was, but, conversely, maybe a little smaller too. Or maybe it's my imagination that he's smaller. Whatever. No more needles! :naughty:

Week 8, Day 7 :D

-----------------

Yay, no new spots! :)

G->I doing well too. Still visible, but fading. :)

Clive is...Clive. :lol:

the best log evar! too funny=D consider becoming a writer!

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! :clap:

(now, where shall I send that fiver?)

Truthfully, I am waiting to hear back from the BBC about a comedy script... :shhh: But they're taking their sweet time about replying. :(

Week 9, Day 1 :cool:

-----------------

(I almost wrote Week 8, Day 8, such is my state of mind)

Well, I wasn't sleeping in my own bed last night (for reasons I won't excite you with) - and that's always a concern as far as my skin is concerned. However, things are staying okay today so far. Despite the heat. :)

And is Clive dying?! He's certainly gotten smaller... This is probably just another attention-seeking tactic to get me to mention him again, and you can bet your house it won't work next time!! ;)

Week 9, Day 2 :eh:

-----------------

New spot this morning, on the left cheek, close(ish) to my mouth: Kenneth. To blame: the heat, the humidity, the lack of sleep, or that big packet of crisps? :redface: No, crisps don't affect my skin one bit. It can't be that. :liar: It feels as though there might be a lot of gunk behind Kenneth, but the area isn't overly-inflamed, so I'm doing my best not to irritate him. :pray:

Jasper is now well and truly faded. :dance:

Gunther, Horace and Igor? Well, they're only just visible as a slight sort of blotchiness. They don't bother me anymore. :liar: No, really they don't. :shifty:

Week 9, Day 3 :think:

-----------------

I was going out for the day with friends yesterday. Before I left, I took another look at Kenneth. He'd surfaced slightly into a small whitehead. "Should I carefully drain him before I go?" I pondered to myself (not out loud, mind). "Don't be a plonker," said another voice in my head, "you do that and he'll be red all day!" "He's right", said a third voice. So I let him be.

So, I returned home late after a good day out, and took another look in the mirror. "I bet he's shrivelled up into nothing in that sun," said voice 2, smugly.

Kenneth was a whitehead as big as your fist! :exclaim:

Okay, so that might be a tiny exaggeration. But Ewwww! :sick:

Anyway, nice of my friends not to comment. :doubt:

Right. The story today is that Kenneth has been drained (twice), and is now finally dead (I think), and exists as a flat red scar. :)

Clive is back to his old self. Really don't know what's going on with Clive. :evil:

The Gunther-Horace-Igor patch is still a bit blotchy. :snooty:

No, I've never read any of his books. I try to avoid other comedy writers, in case I get influenced and lose originality (read: I'm just too lazy for books!). :)

Week 9, Day 4 :)

-----------------

Kenneth needed to be drained again. The problem I think was due to an ingrowing hair - which I have now removed to be on the safe side. Kenneth is back to being a scar.

Otherwise, doing well. Still a bit blotchy on the RHS.

Weather still horrific and hot, so I am sleeping on the floor of my front room where my very noisy air conditioner resides. :(

Week 9, Day 5 :|

-----------------

I had two nasty-looking spots forming on my rhs last night, but this morning they'd vanished! :)

Feeling lousy otherwise, but at least my skin's okay. :|

Week 9, Day 6 :unsure:

-----------------

Well, the RHS of my face is still a bit dodgy. :( I have a new spot sort-of forming on the cheek, except it may just fade if I'm very, very quiet. Fingers crossed. :)

Unfortunately too, I think I may have been aggravating my neck again, on the right. I stepped back from the mirror a couple of paces this morning, and there's a definite hard-red patch there. I think it's from the way I spread the moisturizer or something, since I don't intentially put the BP on that low. I'm going to try applying the moisturizer from the bottom up, using only short upward strokes. We'll see. :|

One more thing:

All those "refreshes" I've been doing have finally paid off: this thread has now had over 1000 views!!!

:dance::dance::dance:

Once again, thanks to all of you who accidentally clicked on my tinpot thread by mistake or sheer boredom to help me achieve this worthless victory. :lol:

Week 9, Day 7 :(

-----------------

The silent treatment didn't work. :( The new one, now named Larry, just got worse last night, and was not much better this morning, despite massive dumpings of BP. The problem is he's right in the middle of my cheek, which means that the diameter of the redness around him is ~three quarters of an inch. The actual bump is quite small, and is only just coming to a head. I am being gentle with it, and hopefully Larry'll be safe to drain soon. :pray:

My neck seems a bit better today. I'm going to have to continue to be ultra-careful with the moisturizer.

Otherwise, Gunther, Horace and Igor are pretty much gone for good (yay!), but Clive is still the same, the little bugger. :snooty:

Week 10, Day 1 :)

------------------

Yay, week 10! :dance:

Larry progressed yesterday to having a very visible whitehead, so last night I was left with the dilemma of whether to drain him then, or wait till morning. Now usually my inclination is to wait, however experience has taught me that waiting with spots as bad as Larry doesn't help much, if at all. So I drained him last night, and it was the right decision, because this morning he was smaller, and healing up nicely (despite still being slightly active). Now he's about the same size as Clive, only more red.

Otherwise, things are okay. :)

Week 10, Day 2 :|

------------------

Well, I've made a small change with my regimen. I had been using Dan's gel in the morning, and PanOxyl in the evening till I ran out of that, but last night I decided to use Dan's gel twice a day instead, and dump the PanOxyl straightaway (well, I might keep some for spot-treating). This morning, my skin was visibly less flushed as a result. :)

My face is okay. Larry is a large red mark. Clive is a small red mark.

Unfortunately, my neck (yes, my neck!) has a new spot, halfway up. Now this is an area I no longer treat with BP, a) to avoid irritation, and b) because I'm sick of my nice new clothes getting bleached around the collar. So I won't name this one (because it is outside the BP range, lol) but I will dab some PanOxyl on it, and hopefully it'll go away within a couple of days. Spots on my neck (unless they're cysts) don't bother me so much anyway, provided I keep looking down at the ground when I'm talking to people, lol. :D

Week 10, Day 3 :|

-------------------

I have a new spot on my left cheek, by the jawbone. :( It's not a nasty one at this point, actually it's even less red than Larry, but it is quite big, so I'll honour him with a name and call him Murray. I have a feeling though that he might disappear without too much argument if I leave him well enough alone. :|

Larry has faded a little. The texture of my face seems a bit better too - I put that down to stopping the PanOxyl. :)

The nameless spot on my neck has pretty much died. :)

Week 10, Day 4 :wall:

-------------------

I have a feeling though that he might disappear without too much argument if I leave him well enough alone.

Week 10, Day 5 :redface:

-------------------

Yes, a redface smiley, not because I'm embarrassed (well, I suppose I am) but because it's quite an accurate depiction of how I'm looking right now, since I have Murray on one side of my face, red as a baboon's backside, and Larry (a red mark) on the other. And another blimmin' large spot on my upper neck, about two inches from Murray. Plus one that's threatening near Larry.

Ugh! :injured:

Is my skin "getting used" to the regimen? Dan claims that ain't possible, but I reckon anything's possible with my crap skin. :( I read that "Biggest Mistakes" page again, and came up with nada. OTOH, it's still not three months yet, and (overall) I am better than I used to be, so I will soldier on. :ninja: