Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EyeOfTheBeholder

What is the BEST mineral makeup?

Hey!

I'm thinking of trying some mineral makeup again. I gave up on it last year after trying Jane Iredale and a few other brands, because I could NOT get any coverage at all; I couldn't understand it. On top of that, the finishes were either too shiny looking or way too matte and powdery. I tried several different methods of applying: with a brush, and with a sponge. However, I didn't have a kabuki brush, and I'm reading now that, that is what helps make the minerals work good on the skin. So, I'm ready to give it a go again, but I just dont know what's the best mineral makeup to buy. There's so many now! Do any of ya'll have suggestions for me? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance. :)

I like corycosmetics.com. I like them because they have minimal ingredients - like 2, so there is less chance of any irritation which I'm very prone too. No bismuth or even mica, which some people say it bad for acne people. Plus, they are very reasonably priced. Samples are 35 cents.

I cannot imagine trying to apply mmu w/o a kabuki brush. For more coverage, I spritz the brush and then apply the minerals damp. Then buff, buff, buff them in. If you're applying them dry, just apply several layers. It works better to only apply a *small* amount at a time, and then layer if you want more cover.

P.S. if you try cory's, just know that her colors tend to run light in my experience. Order some samples that are a bit darker than you think you might need.

I have a question about mineral makeup. I ordered some samples a few days ago and I'm just wondering if I also have to get a kabuki brush. Does it make a huge difference or would a normal powder brush work instead?

I have a question about mineral makeup. I ordered some samples a few days ago and I'm just wondering if I also have to get a kabuki brush. Does it make a huge difference or would a normal powder brush work instead?

I'd have to say the brush is almost as important as the make up. I just bought the Ultimate Buffer kabuki brush off ebay for $13, which is the exact same as the highly reviewed Pretty Pretty Kabuki brush. I love it, it's so soft... So yes I would say hunt down a good brush and you won't regret it.

So wat are the majority of people using for mineral make up?? I have been using Bare Minerals and am not completely satisfied. It seems to look funny after a while and makes me look like I have more wrinkles (I'm 25). Looking for good coverage without putting on a ton of make up. Am out of makeup, and need hel[ fast deciding on new brand!! Thanks.

I use Pure Luxe, and I love the texture. There are very few ingredients...not as few as Cory, but only like 6 ingredients. I wouldn't mind checking out Cory, too.

I have to chime in about the Kabuki brush...I shelled out 25 bucks for one, and now I don't even use it :cry:

The coverage was good...TOO good. It ends up showing every pore and wrinkle. I ended up using a smaller brush with sparser, thicker bristles, and it just works better for my flawed skin. The coverage looks more natural now, for some reason, not a thick cakey layer.

I use high quality artist brushes. There is more slection, and cheaper for the quality compared to makeup brushes.

Thanks for the replies!! I actually got desperate for new makeup and ordered some from Raesin Images Sun nite. Supposed to be really good for your skin. Will let you guys know how it is once I get it! I am soo impatient on waiting on new things in da mail!!!