Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
loki

another tca cross question

How long should I soak the toothpick? How long do you leave it in your scars? How quickly should your skin frost?

Thank you so much!!!!!

Speaking from my experience only, I only soaked the toothpick for a few seconds. If you soak it longer, it will absorb more TCA. Some folks have said that if they are crossing multiple scars that they change the toothpick after a few soaks. After each soak in the TCA, it will absorb more of it each time. If the toothpick absorbs a lot of TCA then there is a danger of getting it on nonscarred skin because it will be harder to control.

TCA is self neutralizing so you don't have to clean it off afterwards. Just put some antibacterial ointment on it.

The scar frosted within ten seconds on me. I used 50%. It may be different depending on the individual and the percent of TCA used.

I would suggest for the first time to cross only one or two as a test before doing multiple scars, and do a search on TCA cross before attempting it if you haven't already done so.

Good luck and if you do it, please share your experience with the forum.