Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
buyanewlife

Any advice would be more than great

IPB ImageIPB Image">

IPB Image

Most of it is scaring, redness.

The whiteheads i get usually go away, or turn red and stay.

I absolutely loath acne, without it i feel i would have the self esteem to do soo much more with my life.

Any advice, or anyone with the same type/look of acne as me that has had any success would be amazing.

thanks.

BTW, im only 15.

and these pictures were taken with a crappy webcam, im sure the pimples/scars/marks look more vibrant and stand out more in person.

post-39601-1144925744_thumb.jpg

post-39601-1144925744_thumb.jpg

Have you tried the regimen? I think you should go on the regimen provided here on this site, Dan' Regimen. I think it will help with your acne and your "scars" look like they just might be red marks which will fade over time. Or, you could help speed the process of them fading with other methods, but I think you should control the acne first.

So yeah, try the regimen provided on this site. I think it will work wonders.

Have you tried the regimen? I think you should go on the regimen provided here on this site, Dan' Regimen. I think it will help with your acne and your "scars" look like they just might be red marks which will fade over time. Or, you could help speed the process of them fading with other methods, but I think you should control the acne first.

ive never really been on the "regimen" or tried it yet

but the way i washed my face and used moisturizer was just like the regimens procedure.

i dont have sensitve skin at all really, ive been using 10% BP and it barely dried my skin out.

i found this thread, and wondered if maybe this might work.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=55414

ive never really been on the "regimen" or tried it yet

but the way i washed my face and used moisturizer was just like the regimens procedure.

i dont have sensitve skin at all really, ive been using 10% BP and it barely dried my skin out.

i found this thread, and wondered if maybe this might work.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=55414

The exfoliation method has proved effective for a lot of people so you could consider that, or as the previous poster suggested Dan's regimen http://www.acne.org/regimen.html is also highly effective, and you may even find 2.5% BP has better results than the 10%- just make sure you try to follow it as exactly as possible! :)

i'd suggest just simply going to your doctor. He/she can prescribe something or refer you to a dermatologist. Retin-a could be very effective, or perhaps benzaclin or duac (a combination of BP and a topical antibiotic)

if youre not ready to see a doctor (i personally hate derms) i recommend dan's regimen. my skin actually looked a lot like yours. ive been on csr for 5 weeks now and i have seen a lot of improvement. at about 3 weeks on the regimen i had a breakout, but i am clearing up again. i had used 10% bp before (clean and clear) and never really had a problem with dry skin, but i was not applying it as liberally as dan recommends...so i started using 2.5%bp but as much as dan recommends and my skin got really dry...so i suggest you start at a small amount even if youve used stronger stuff before.

i have not done that exfoliation so i cant speak to it, but maybe once im clearer ill give it a try.

good luck! and dont worry about being so young with acne...cus i was there once...and trust me it gets better (unfortunatley for me after it got better it got worse again) plus...my brother's acne was wayyyy worse than mine at that age and he is now perfectly clear, while im still dealing wtih it.

i'd suggest just simply going to your doctor. He/she can prescribe something or refer you to a dermatologist. Retin-a could be very effective, or perhaps benzaclin or duac (a combination of BP and a topical antibiotic)

i absolutely loath derms

they look at your face for like one minute and prescribe you something that doesnt even really go with your skin type/acne type.

when i did go to the derm he prescribed me duac and differen, they both did absolutely nothing.

if youre not ready to see a doctor (i personally hate derms) i recommend dan's regimen. my skin actually looked a lot like yours. ive been on csr for 5 weeks now and i have seen a lot of improvement. at about 3 weeks on the regimen i had a breakout, but i am clearing up again. i had used 10% bp before (clean and clear) and never really had a problem with dry skin, but i was not applying it as liberally as dan recommends...so i started using 2.5%bp but as much as dan recommends and my skin got really dry...so i suggest you start at a small amount even if youve used stronger stuff before.

i have not done that exfoliation so i cant speak to it, but maybe once im clearer ill give it a try.

good luck! and dont worry about being so young with acne...cus i was there once...and trust me it gets better (unfortunatley for me after it got better it got worse again) plus...my brother's acne was wayyyy worse than mine at that age and he is now perfectly clear, while im still dealing wtih it.

ive seen a dermatoligst, and i never wanted to go back, he seemed like an idiot.

yeah im hoping i'll just grow out of it in time, hopefully.

thanks for the advice.