Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girllost

How do you prevent oil slicks?

I started the regimen a few days ago and I'm already giving up on it. I use neutrogena cleanser, Dan's 2.5% bp gel and eucerin skin renewal spf 15 lotion.

I started off once a day because even though my skin is oily it can get dry and flaky. The eucerin lotion makes my face greasier than it usually is. Do I really need a moisturizer since my skin is so oily? Is there any lotion out there that is actually non greasy?

It would be nice to use it on my back also which is breaking out like crazy these days, but I don't want to bleach anything. Can bp bleach your eyebrows too? And how do you sleep with it on and not bleach your sheets?

first of all dont give up its ok ..... i get a shiny look when i use my cetaphils moisturizer too but when its all absorbed and i take a tissue and pat my face gently and most of the shiny goes away

for a cleanser for people with oily face i recommend using cetaphils daily cleanser for normal to oily skin

works great to cut down oilyness

moisturizer is mandatory because as time passes by you should increase in the amount of BP and it causes face to dry a bit since your on a few days itll show later

im not a big fan of eucerin because they come out with a lot of products that basically do the same but they charge more ... try cetaphils spf15 moisturizer or neutrogena healthy skin spf15 moisturizer both oil free and non comodegenic

BP can bleach lots of things they havent bleached my eyebrows tho but there is a possibility

and if you want to use BP on your back/face let it be ABSORBED (point of waiting doing things in 15 min intervals so things can be absorbed) so it will not rub off on your shirts or pillows

Since Eucerin DOES make the face oily, use it only at night to stop the flakes, and try a light, or no moisturizer at all during the day.

I think the Basis soap bar is pretty awesome in cleansing so you might wanna try that. Whenver I've used Neutrogena, it feels like it leaves something behind on my face, with the Basis, its never like that.

To stop bleaching your pillows, go to Walmart and buy a WHITE egyptian cotton towel and place it over your pillow, now you have the neck support and the comfort without having to worry about bleaching your stuff.

Lastly, I thought exfoliation was the best method for clearing my back (cystic and whiteheads). Now Im clear with my regimen. Go to the Dollar Store or any other place that sells a brush with a long handle, specifically made for washing the back. Or you can buy a loofa because it lathers better than brushes. Then, go to Kroger and buy Dial Antibacterial Body Wash (around 18-24 oz so itll last you awhile). It comes in different fragances but I've used only Spring (light blue liquid) so far and it's kept me clear. When you shower, squeeze about a medium strip of Dial onto your brush or loofa, and lather. Scrub all your acne prone areas and try to avoid the water hitting that lathered spot for at least 20 seconds. Rinse. Youre done. After continual use, I think this is the best method for clearing body acne! Whenever I stop because of vacation or out in the town drinking at a friend's dorm, a few pimples will show up 2 days later, so continual use is the key as well!

Goodluck!

I have cetaphils cleanser for normal to oily skin, the smell is awful and lingered on my hands for hours. Not to mention my skin actually felt dry after cleansing and that never happens. So I won't be using that cleanser again!

On Dan's description of the regimen it says that bp can bleach things even after it's dried. And I can't walk around for the rest of my life wearing a white tshirt.

I was going to try the panoxyl bar 10% for clearing my back but my pharmacy keeps telling me they are ordering it and it never comes in. I'm going to have to go to a new pharmacy. I'll have to look into the dial soap.

It actually looked like some of my skin is clearing but the regimen will have to be put on hold until I can find a greaseless facial moisturizer. This could get pricey with buying moisturizers until I find a non greasy one.

hey girllost, for the cleanser it really is kindof trial to what u like but for the bp make sure u don't put on too

much too fast otherwise ull get really dry and scaly and as for moisturizer its a definite need, u can use neutro

healthy skin face lotion if ur not liking the one ur currently using. Again the biggest thing is to try to things and

see wt u like best

hey girllost, for the cleanser it really is kindof trial to what u like but for the bp make sure u don't put on too

much too fast otherwise ull get really dry and scaly and as for moisturizer its a definite need, u can use neutro

healthy skin face lotion if ur not liking the one ur currently using. Again the biggest thing is to try to things and

see wt u like best

Don't give up! I find the moisturizers with sunscreen to be greasy too, so I decided not to use those unless I'm actually going to be spending some time outside. I went to Ulta 3 yesterday and bought Murad's skin perfecting lotion. It's part of their acne system, but I am not on Murad - I am on Dan's regimen. This is the most wonderful moisturizer for me. It is pricey though, but worth it to me. I am very oily, but I need the moisturizer with all the BP. I only treat my back with BP at night, and wear a white t-shirt to bed. I use white pillow cases only, and white towels in the bathroom, or else all your linens will become tye-died looking.

Hey, I have the same problem when I use any moisturiser other than vichy normaderm anti imperfection hydrating care. It does contain S A, so don't use it after applying BP. Here's what works for me, and trust me I have oily skin and nothing else has worked for me, and I was ready to give up and really, really frustrated, probably like you! Okay, so I use the BP 5 % at night after washing, forget about the 2.5%, you have oily skin and 5% works better, don't moisturise at night. In the morning wash as usual and apply the normaderm. Your skin is instanly less greasy and shiny and throughout the day you will produce less oil thanks to the zincodone. Trust me, this works for me and should help you. Normaderm is about $27 CAD, but it last over 2 months since you only use it in the morning. It is worth a try, before you give up!

you're talkin to about half the world that has oily skin....if you douse your face and lay it one thick with the CSR, then use Cetaphil moisturizer (i use the normal, not the crap with SPF), you should clear up and then it doesnt make a damn difference if you have oily skin. As a matter of fact, try tannin with it, most people would think it looks good too. If you're clear you're clear, oily skin is just gonna be there. stick to the regimen or get on it!

It's not a moisturizer recommended on Dans' regimen since it has 0.5% salicyclic acid (too low a concentration to be irritating IMO), but Clean & Clear's dual-action moisturizer is the least greasy moisturizer I've ever used. The SA makes it almost a drying moisturizer, so that you have the moisturizing effect without the shininess. It doesn't have any SPF in it and goes on clear, not white. Anyway, there's a chance the SA in the moisturizer will irritate your skin but I've used it for several months while using Dan's BP with no problems. If you think your skin can tolerate it (and it's really pretty mild so I would imagine so), it's worth trying. It's also reasonably priced so if you don't like it, you're not out that much money.